Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Over 12 years in... - Page 3 - Evora Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Over 12 years in...

JAWS

• Gold FFM

Where in Wales were you?

I'm planning a week in Anglesey first week in October, stopping off at the Evo Triangle en route, so any thoughts/ tips would be gratefully received.

PS Sorry to hear about the Thank You letter, hopefully not a "significant one"...

Edited by DaveC72

Tell us more about the 400 airbox?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Where in Wales were you?

I'm planning a week in Anglesey first week in October, stopping off at the Evo Triangle en route, so any thoughts/ tips would be gratefully received.

PS Sorry to hear about the Thank You letter, hopefully not a "significant one"...

We've done the trip a couple of times now and essentially go through the whole of Wales, south to north.

We start by going through the Brecons then up the B4520 to Builth Wells, then Rhayader including taking in the Élan Valley. We then head to Harlech via A470/B4518 en route to Snowdonia and the Pass of Llanberis. Then on to Evo Triangle and Horseshoe Pass. Llandudno is also worth a visit to drive to the top of Great Ormes Head. There's a tunnel en route there from Anglesey too ;)

Have fun and hopefully it will be dry for you.

Tell us more about the 400 airbox?

in the airbox there's a solenoid/vaccum controlled flap that the 400 has removed (the redundant solenoid is then used to control the exhaust valve) It's there for noise control etc for the Camry. Under full throttle (prolonged - ie on track etc) the reduction in vaccum can mean the flap can start shutting. I thought rather than permanently removing it, I might try holding the flap open with a grub screw to test any noise and/or performance improvements.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, looking very good. Have to ask where you sourced the carbon spoiler?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Red light rings. Sanded OEM and painted red?

i also like the carbon spoiler would be keen to find out more.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

16 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Red light rings. Sanded OEM and painted red?

i also like the carbon spoiler would be keen to find out more.

- Yep, tried silver but didn't come out too well.

- A mate kindly sourced it for me second hand, it needed a bit of tlc. This is it..

http://shop.britishracinggroup.com/Mansory-Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Spoiler-for-Evora-BRG-MANEVRS.htm

I'm currently looking into Carbon GT4 spoilers ( the high level ones) if people are interested? They'd have an incorporated CHMSL bracket but would require painting. Is it worth starting another thread?

Bibs - how do I change this thread title?:thumbup:

Read my signature, I've put it on here 43,000 times to help you spot it or if you ask real nice, I'll do it myself! :D

Please don't tell me you spent £3k on that spoiler?! :huh: That's taking lightweight philosophy to an extreme at a grand per kilo!! 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, JAWS said:

I'm currently looking into Carbon GT4 spoilers ( the high level ones) if people are interested? They'd have an incorporated CHMSL bracket but would require painting. Is it worth starting another thread?

Phil is advertising a carbon GT4 spoiler on the Lotus Evora Owners Group on Facebook :thumbup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAWS said:

Charles, otherwise known as HKFever does these already in a choice of 3 carbon weaves (3, 6 and 12k) and you can even have the herringbone too (meets in the middle and looks superb) and his come with the lights integrated. They are super and not too badly priced, about a qtr what Mansory want and he has sold many of them and all good reports. It used the Lotus wing as a mould. See below.

I'm just not sure about the GT4 wings, I think the standard one is great - though looking at the price for the carbon Mansory one on your link - OUCH!

158485927.PNOeSHK2.jpg

158274337.Pv3rAX5u.jpg

159475232.Nwd2jWNv.jpg

158485930.e0Jua6FJ.jpg

158500777.seQsyRNx.jpg

158500779.ADerfA3V.jpg

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Travelling at the moment Jimbo but will post some info up this evening when I get to my destination. It really is a quality piece of kit that HKFever produces, the feedback from owners is excellent re finish etc.

By the way, I'm not conected to Charles nor am I on commission!  Though I did think about approaching him to be a reseller in the UK for his stuff as he does both Evora and Elise/Exige stuff.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I'm not normally a fan of CF bits, but that really does look stunning Jaws, especially against the Carbon Grey.  

Having just fitted a pair of new rears, and with a service this month, need to top up my car fund again.  Once sufficient funds are in place, I am sorely tempted.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TomE said:

Phil is advertising a carbon GT4 spoiler on the Lotus Evora Owners Group on Facebook :thumbup:

I assume that is Junks Phil? If so then i won't tread on his toes as he's a good chap. So if people are interested go to him.

• Gold FFM

Yes, it's Junks Phil.  I wasn't sure whether he had just one or was offering to supply anyone who is interested.

I believe the ones Phil is selling (£1500 he said) are the old Lotus GT4 spoilers, that need repainting.

They were for sale a while ago, when Kalli bought his (£900 he paid).

• 4 months later...

Nearly 2k miles completed on the trip (29k miles in total) and loving the Evora more than ever. It just does everything so well.  A special mention needs to be made about the brakes, even though the other cars I was with were able to keep up the majority of the time when we were on the down hill sections of passes, one by one they fell behind due to brake fade and I'd be waiting at the bottom for them with no issue at all and they with smoking discs. At one point we thought my dad's SL was on fire, the brakes were smoking so much!

Really enjoyed the Stelvio - headed there early missing the traffic fortunately, apart from meeting up with about 20 Ferrari's at the top. The route just before and after the actual Stelvio being the most enjoyable driving wise.

2016-06-18 08.55.08-01.jpeg

The best pass for sheer driving pleasure we came across was the Hahtennjoch Pass in Austria which was fantastic.

Also managed to do a lot of autobahn driving and touch 160mph which is the highest I've done in it - no rattles, squeaks or untoward wind noise and totally stable. Although it was over shadowed by the Elise and diesel BMW's coming passed at those speeds!

Managed to pop to the competition's HQ in Stuttgart and watch Le Mans on the big screen. It's an impressive place and well worth a visit especially while in a Lotus as it gets a lot of attention.

Down sides of the trip were the hold ups at the Eurotunnel and my mate's brand new BMW 435d got a bashed bumper at some point, hotel car park we think.

Roll on the next trip!

• Like 2