Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
THANK YOU ! - Page 4 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

THANK YOU !

alan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunning.

I don't think any other meet we will do can ever compare to this. It was truly amazing to be given pretty much the freedom of the factory. It was incredible. I don't think there are many companies in the world that would lay on this kind of treatment. The people who were in any way involved in organising this event cannot be thanked enough and the lotus staff were superb. It is nice to think that some of the guys who built our cars came out to smile at us as we drove in..... WOW.

A truly awesome time and well done to everyone for whatever was chipped in to make the

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Anita & myself would also like to add our thanks to this thread:

- Thanks to Bibs & Kimbers for the brilliant organisation, and the especially entertaining auction!

- Thanks to Laura & Mrs. Kimbers for putting up with their other halves

- Thanks to everyone at Lotus for participating, supporting and allowing such a great event

- Thanks to Mike Kimberly for the unique and very personal insite into the history of our cars

- .... and thanks to all the people we met... we had a really great time!

The travel from Switzerland was a small price to pay to be involved in such a memorable event.

It's the first big Esprit event we've attended, and the first time we've met most of you...

.... and I have to say, for us, meeting the people and having such a good laugh with you all was a huge part of the enjoyment!

If anything like this comes up again.... count us in!

Rob S

One more thing that I really want to get rid of:

I am more than proud that I have met your dad Pinky (I think this is your name from now on?) not just because this man was Colin's best friend and right hand and that he happens to be the CEO of Group Lotus...

But what really has impressed me is the fact that this is the nicest and most noble chap that I have met since a very long time...

I am wishing you all and your families the best in life!

Bibs, kindly set the counter to the next meet, hope to see you all again then...

Edited by jimmybondi

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

A magic and never to be forgotten adventure. A magnificent and unique two days. Thank you to everyone who made it possible. It feels a bit strange to not see an Esprit in front and in my mirrors anymore. Thanks also to those whose company I enjoyed in the convoys to and from the Midlands. Dodgy, without your sat' nav', I am sure I'd still be trying to find my way home.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti

• Gold FFM

This has quite simply been one of the most enjoyable weekends in my Lifetime. From the moment I left home to the moment I arrived back home, I have had the most amazing and memorable couple of days and really didn't want it to come to an end.

The organisation for the whole 2 days was just spot-on. Not even a single moment with nothing to do. Thankyou to all attendees -The friendlyness of all Esprit owners and forum members only added to memories I have brought home with me. I have made so many new contacts and friends and look forward to renewing these at future gatherings.

Bibs and Kimbers, what can I say apart from a massive thanks. I don't think I've ever met too blokes that just don't need sleep! but just keep going for our benefit and enjoyment.

Fantastic weekend. Thanks

Ian

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I think like most of us who were there, I am really feeling withdrawal symptoms. I haven't spent that much time in the Esprit for many, many years (and I have had mine for 10 years).

Where are all those fantastic cars in my mirrors or in front of me? Why can't I look out of my window and see rows of Esprits? I want to be back there (sob...).

I can only echo all the previous posts. We cannot thank everyone involved in the organisation of this enough. Well done to one and all.

Richard

Edited by RichardN

Bibs and Kimbers, what can I say apart from a massive thanks. I don't think I've ever met too blokes that just don't need sleep! but just keep going for our benefit and enjoyment.

Fantastic weekend. Thanks

Ian

I have to say that it's catching up with me now, prob Bibsy too. I have been staring at my computer screen since 7AM and done nothing. My brain is a fog and I think I will sleep all weekend.

I also have to say that we didn't stay up JUST for your enjoyment and orgainsing stuff, but because, after so long sorting it, we wanted maximum enjoyment too.

Bibs and I have chatted about this post and we both have to say that your thanks have made us both well up (Bibs doesn't cry like a girlie like I do though) and this was a labour of love for both of us. It was great to meet you all and I will be attending future meetings to keep those friendships going.

I may even be in a little 2 seater number beginning with E.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Oooo. One of these?

pink.jpg

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

...(Bibs doesn't cry like a girlie like I do though)

Yeah he does - I've seen it! :(

:(

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Before this weekend I wouldn't have had a clue what a 'Bibs' or 'Kimbers' was, or been able to tell an Esprit from an Elite to be honest, far from saying which type my brother had or where the hell the Lotus factory was (bit new to this game) :( . But what a fantastic weekend and what a really great bunch of friendly, enthusiastic blokes to spend time with.

The organisation and effort that must have gone into making this a reality was tremendous and the level of respect expressed regarding the Lotus factory and staff and just respect for everyones cars in the way they were driven was really eye-opening :D .

Thanks for making me welcome and thank you to all the organisers for such a wonderful time. I'm totally hooked now, and am learning fast about the S3 Turbo HC.

Slight problem is I need someone to talk me out of buying a new Europa . . . . . :(

Best wishes and sincere thanks

Niki B)

Superb Event!

What a friendly, fun and knowledgeable community the Esprit bunch are! The organisation was fantastic given all that was arranged and how many people attended including several from overseas. To bring together so many Esprits, owners and enthusiasts is a sure achievement. Thanks to everyone who made it such a memorable event, especially the entertaining partnership of Bibs & Kimbers, Laura, Lotus staff and the CHIEF himself.

Jay

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

to Bibs & Laura and Kimbers for the grand idea of this event and the top organisation!

To Troy Halliday for all the fact sheets of our Esprits!

To all the staff from Lotus Cars Ltd. who were involved to the event!

To Mike Kimberley for taking his time for us!

To all from the forum who were involved and helped, that I don`t know by name and scope!

To all forum members, which came on sunday and monday and helped to make it a real great time!

To all they came from overseas to make these days "international"!

We will always remember to the unforgettable two "Lotus Esprit Owners Factory Days"!

Thank you!

Sandra & Roger

Edited by Esprit V8

Thanks to Bibs and Kimbers and all involved in organizing the weekend it was as promised amazing. Still can't believe it actually happened, who would have thought it was possible to get that many Esprit in one place at the same time :D . I think Troy deserves a big thank you as well for his hard work on the Esprit Info Sheets it must have taken hours, the poor guy looked worn out on Sunday :( . It was great to meet so many friendly people from LEF and Lotus. It was good too see everyone appreciating each others cars and not trying to pick them apart by trying to spot things wrong with them etc.... In all a great weekend now when can we do it again :(

Martyn B)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

to Bibs & Laura and Kimbers for the grand idea of this event and the top organisation!

To Troy Halliday for all the fact sheets of our Esprits!

To all the staff from Lotus Cars Ltd. who were involved to the event!

To Mike Kimberley for taking his time for us!

To all from the forum who were involved and helped, that I don`t know by name and scope!

To all forum members, which came on sunday and monday and helped to make it a real great time!

To all they came from overseas to make these days "international"!

We will always remember to the unforgettable two "Lotus Esprit Owners Factory Days"!

Thank you!

Sandra & Roger

Roger

Now we all know you, we hope we will see some regular posting, keeping us informed of whats going on Esprit wise in Germany.

TK

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Big thanks to Dan Basterfield for the thank you gift :D

I just had some 100% pure and natural honey comb, it tastes amazing, like a slice of heaven and I don't like honey! :( The fudge is from another planet too, it just melts in your mouth, very nice :(

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Big thanks to Dan Basterfield for the thank you gift :D

I just had some 100% pure and natural honey comb, it tastes amazing, like a slice of heaven and I don't like honey! :( The fudge is from another planet too, it just melts in your mouth, very nice :(

Dan Basterfield - The Bee man?? :) Hope my company was not too boring for you :(

Many thanks to you and Ian and Mike for bringing me to Stansted airport - really nice of you guys!! :D

We also formed our own convoy with Nicky and Rich and even met Lisa for a coffee on the way to the airport....

img5297bu1.th.jpg

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Kimbers,

I will do my very best in the forum.

If I get any news or articles about the Esprit in Germany, I will let you all know.

But I`m sure that you, who are in strong contact to the Esprit birthplace, get the earliest news & technical infos.

Thanks!

Keep in touch,

Roger

Dear all

Just got off the phone from MJK and he will be round my house on Sunday. He has asked that I can sort him out on here so that he can send you all a personal message, so keep an eye out Sunday PM.

Cheers

TK ....NOT PINKY.....