Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
April mids meets south breakfast meet - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

April mids meets south breakfast meet

dodge1979

As discussed with a few people last week its decided a breakfast meet with the guys further south is due..pretty much the same score as last time when we met at Frankie and Bennies in Banbury. Suggested date is Sunday April 6th. We can make it the same venue if everyone wants or if anyone has a nice alternative somewhere do suggest. But for now a show of numbers please...

1 dodge1979

• 4 weeks later...

1 Dodge1979
2 Sparky
3 Comrad Trev

4 Rocket

5 Palmergeddon

6 Changes

7 Chris V8

8 markw996

I'm from down near Bedford, and would definitely be interested in this meet up :D

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

• Gold FFM

Dead GT3 at the moment, but working on it...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I'll be sure to find you a 17-inch clip.  And I will be on hand to tighten it.  Securely.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Oh n mark..welcome. we can have a chinwag about your brakes too.

• 2 weeks later...

the breaky meet looms for a week tomorrow. .. 6th april. Venue as before frankie and bennies banbury. Lets as aim to meet at f n b for 9 am..ish so anyone heading from the north should look to rondevozus around m40 jct 15. Those from the south will be led by comrade trevor.. anyone from the east we can organise A meet up.. pm me to sort that out..it should be a.nice earlyish breaky..im sure well all arive by 9.30..

The time is nearing us..this weekends mids vs south breaky meet on sunday is taking place at Frankie and Bennys Banbury. The address is as follows;

Ermont Way, Banbury OX16 4AE

For anyone who hasn't been or is making their own way there its just of jct 11 m40, take the a422 towards Banbury, pass the Holiday Inn Express, and at the next island take a left onto Ermont way and its just there on the left hand side.

For those heading from the south and east, were having a meeting point at Brackley on the A43. The meeting point is on the industrial estate where the AMG F1 team is, directions as follows...

Take the exit off the A43/A422 roundabout onto OXFORD ROAD (NOT the other A43/A422 roundabout exit onto Buckingham road) At the next roundabout (crossing with Reynard Park on the righthand side) turn left and this will take you into Tesco car park (I think its Tesco). Where upon well all hug and say its been too long etc....

Then from there its a short trip up to Banbury for grub along A422. Simples. I don't know about anyone else but Id like to be at Fn B's for say 9, so lets make the Brackley meeting at around 8.30, aiming to leave about 8.45. In recent times with trips Ive usually got myself out of bed late and ended up being the last one there but I promise I wont be this time! (That's not a challenge for the rest of you to turn up dead early just to prove me wrong..)

the road you will take from Brackly to F&Bs has one speed camera on it, however it is in a 30 so just obey the limits in the villages and you will be ok. The rest is pretty good, but fast.

However for next time meet up at Silverstone, tthen take the exit off the A43 onto the B4525 gong east that is sign posted for Banbury. That joins up with your original road just before Banbury but is a much better road. There are two speed cameras on it, one on a 30 limit and one on a 40 but coming from that way both are easy to see.

If you are coming from further north take the A361 into Banbury, also a great road. there are camera on it and can't remember where they are but I think they are all in 30 and 40 limits. I did that road tonight and was pretty quick in the 50s with no problem.

If you are coming from the West then can I suggest the Chipping Norton to Banbury road, another classic in the area.

I work in Banbury and drive to Silverstone a lot so know the roads around here well.

hope to see you all there

C43

Sport 350 had its test drive today and currently all looks good. Pleased to be back behind the wheel as it was last October whe it"wet the bed" so to speak. Unless fingers are pulled out a bit sharpish it looks like Sparky will be occupying the left seat as his car is being a little stubborn.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Hope them fingers are in the correct orifice !

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Mr. Skedge, I hope you're going to apologise now you've discovered how poorly my baby is.

• Gold FFM

As expected.  I'm going to eat several Cadbury Flakes on the way to the meet in your S350.

Cars as they age are like really old folk...they tend to piss something out just when you really wish they wouldn't..

Trev, strap a load of pampers ultra to the underside of the rad youll be fine...even if she does spring a leak there wont be the embarrassing puddle under her in the carpark and you can at least drive round the corner out of site before realising the truth and crying..no one will know!

Oh n best bring a bib for sparky..catch them crumbs..(and dribble)..and maybe a spare nappie too just in case he has a senior moment..