Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MJK back in Hospital - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MJK back in Hospital

Kimbers

Clothes? Who needs clothes when I can wrap myself in the parachute like a toga?

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I dunno, Not sure which would kill him first, the scantily clad nurses or you in, what would be a silk, see through toga!   :w00t:

Just spoken to him and he's in now till Monday.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Best of luck for a full and speedy recovery. Never met the great man (in every respect!) but without him Lotuses would only fit short-arses so I always thank him for that.

I assume it's his left foot, I heard his right foot is made almost entirely of lead anyway!

• Gold FFM

I have had the pleasure of meeting Mike 3 times and you couldn't meet a nicer more approachable chap. Mike - hope you can stand the boredom of recuperation and get yourself back on feet asap.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hey Kimbers,

Give your dad my regards and best wishes to get well soon!

- Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I dunno, Not sure which would kill him first, the scantily clad nurses or you in, what would be a silk, see through toga!   :w00t:

My parachute is green and yellow, not see-through.

I assume it's his left foot, I heard his right foot is made almost entirely of lead anyway!

That's what the Connecticut State Troopers say, anyway. If memory serves, he told me he's still banned from driving in that state.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• Gold FFM

Not good news Kimbers. Here's hoping for as speedy a recovery as possible.

All the best MJK. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Really sorry to hear of your Dad's distress. The above is a great idea. Kimbers, I have a spare iPad I can send him. Please let me know where to send it. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Cheers,

Bob

Get well soon Mr Kimberley................ best wishes from Nello and the Coventry-crew  :driving:

Theres always a pint in The Rainbow for you here.

Edited by nello

Kimbers is driving back to Norfolk from Devon to be with his Dad but MJK has taken a turn for the worse and developed pneumonia and had a couple of seizures overnight and stopped breathing, needing to be resuscitated. If your religious or not, please offer up a prayer for his good health right now. Thanks. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Wow! Not good news at all. Please send my best if you talk to Kimbers Bibs.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Thanks for the update, Bibs. He has all our prayers and thoughts right now as well as Tony and the rest of the family who are challenged with his condition as well.

Good luck, Mike....keep on keeping on!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Hi all. I am just on my way to the hospital now. Dad made it through the night after initially having a seizure at the dinner table in the hospital, and stopped breathing. After resuss he really wasn't with it and was taken straight to A&E where he had another seizure at 1am. He has since been transferred to AMU where he is on constant Obs.

First thoughts was a blood clot from the operation, but there was no heart attack. He is on oxygen and dosed up now because of pneumonia, but he has trouble talking and facial ticks which may indicate a stroke. But we don't know until tests are done later today.

I'll keep you up to date if I find anything new out. Thanks for the calls and messages. I'll tell him you are all praying for him. Thanks Bibs.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Phew. OK guys, hopefully last update. MJK is out of danger and his mind is getting back to normal. He has stopped slurring his words and is no longer seeing or hearing things, a condition that was brought on by medication (or lack of it) and a reaction to his new tablets.

He has FINALLY been transferred out of the Acute Medical Unit, after 5 days, and is now on a Ward at N&N University Hospital and classified a stable, though he still has a touch of Pneumonia.

Now they just need to monitor him and change his plaster for his original operation on his foot before he gets an infection as he was pulled about a lot during the week and they want to redo it.

Lastly, I need to get him to understand he can't keep doing what he wants (currently he wants to get out of the hospital and go home) as that's what caused his foot to collapse previously after he booked himself out against Docs orders. He has his phone if anyone wants to help us out by reinforcing this with a text(if you have his number....Bibs). He's a stubborn bugger!

• Like 2

The very thing which sets these people apart can often be their downfall.

He's spent his life listening to advice but ultimately as the one responsible for the decisions, he's made the final call and it sounds like that's how he's wired..... you can't help but admire people with that much self assurance, it's what makes them leaders I guess.

It's probably difficult for him to change that mindset and accept for once that disagreeing with the doctors (engineers) doesn't make him right!!

Good luck with the stubborn old sausage Kimbers..... you've got your work cut out.

• Like 1