Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Running without under body panels. - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Running without under body panels.

PhilW

Hi, I have just replaced water hoses, had radiator out and a general strip down and recondition of everything under bonnet.  I put a new front spoiler on as I know this is critical for engine cooling.  I want to run the first few times without the 2 panels under the radiator cassette just so I can easily keep an eye and check for leaks etc. 

Anyone know of any reason why I should not do this.

Thanks

Phil

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Esprit Turbo, that I have been running for the last 7 years came without these panels also the under engine one was missing. Never had a problem. Oh yes, it has run without an engine top cover as well, but I would not park the car out in rain. Fine driving in rain though.

My 82 turbo has never had the engine undertray.....no problems in 26 years of ownership!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein