Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Birmingham Classic Show 2014 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Birmingham Classic Show 2014

Harald/Austria

Good Afternoon,

i am ready to book flights for the Birmingham Classic Motorshow in November.

I like to preorder Tickets also but have no Idea for how many Days i should buy.

Was anybody there and can give me a Feedback if i should buy just one Day or a two Day Pass?

Dont know how big it is would be my first time.

And yess i will only stop for British Stuff who is on Display when i visit the Show..... :thumbsup:

Greetings

Harald

Definitely. Youll be worn out on day one and only get halfway through it! If your booking a hotel too dont worry about being on the door step. The nec by train is about 10 to 15 minutes from Birmingham, coventry, leamington etc..so you can afford to stay further out and still get there quickly by train to the doorstep. I always take the train

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good Evening!

So i bought the Flight to the NEC Classic Show..  :-)

Does anyone have a suggestion where to stay for the 2 Nights ?

We will arrive at Friday Noon and stay till Sunday afternoon.

We want to go at Friday Night to the Assembly Venue at Leamington Spa to  see  the Dr. Feelgood Show.

On Saturday we will be at NEC and also on Sunday. We will leave from NEC in the late afternoon and go directly to the Airport for our Flight back to Austria.

I am a little confused where to stay i need a Train Station in walking Distance  because we dont have a Rental Car this time. 

And: Are Lock Boxes at the NEC where we can store our Handbags while walking around on Sunday?

Thank you

Regards

Harald

The NEC is directly connected to Birmingham International Train Station and there is a short link to the airport. It is all in walking distance.

As for hotels most of the near hotels are fairly full. There are Novotel/Ibis hotels in the middle of the airport which may have rooms.

This map might help.

http://www.thenec.co.uk/media/3161/site-map.pdf

I know people who booked the hotels within 3 miles of the place 10 months ago!

I just recently booked a hotel a hop skip and a jump away from the NEC.  Basically in birmingham centre, then 10 mins on train and 25 mins walk to the NEC.

Take good walking shoes, its bigger than you might think and some spending money as they always have stands selling the one thing you have been searching for ages on the net for.

Should you happen to find your way into hall 17 where lotus excel.net is you will find;

A gaggle of Elites to Celebrate the birtthday

A lotus Excite (Love child of an Elite and an Excel)

An Eclat

And an Ethel

Me and the lady will be down on the Sunday to pick up Ethel and then a loooong drive back to Aberdeen.  She hates fast driving...im going to be in trouble! :driving::popo:

Ha - I'm there on Saturday for Dream Rides in the Esprit. 

Its the one that won't start when hot......

Simon

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

So i get us a nice Hotel in Redditch . I will rent a small Car so we can  get easy to Leamington Spa without hurry and being at NEC within 20 Minutes too.

Redditch is good starting piont for a Classic Enthusiast - Royal Enfield was build there.  :-)

Does anybody know if there are Lock Boxes at NEC where we can store our Handbags on Sunday?

Thank you all for your support!

Greetings

Harald

@ Bibs :Thank you for the Warning!

@ Eglise : We stay in Redditch and on Friday evening we drive to Lemington Spa to see the Nine below Zero/Dr.Feelgood Concert

after the Show we drive back to Reddditch and on Saturday up from Redditch to the NEC,after NEC  cosed on Saturday back to Redditch .

On Sunday Morning we will drive to the Airport give back the rental Car and do th e2nd Day NEC.

We will leave NEC about 3 pm in the Afternoon and fly back to Austria.

Two of the greatest British R&B Bands! :-)