Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2001 Lotus esprit Forged Pistons forged internals engine rebuild 30k plus paint and body and wheels - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2001 Lotus esprit Forged Pistons forged internals engine rebuild 30k plus paint and body and wheels

Karlen1129

Seriously? I would speak with the individual to whom you are throwing all this money. As what he is telling you doesn't sound right at all.. for example.. I don't know of any "Stage 4 clutch" available. And what are "weight reduction tubes"?

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Really Mark? I thought you knew your stuffs, clearly not!

I have a stage 4 clutch.

Stage 1: push down pedal

Stage 2: take out of gear

Stage 3: put in to next gear

Stage 4: release pedal

It cost me £46,000 to develop the clutch system and then marketed it to several high end aftermarket tuners.

It retails around £12,000, or about $20,000 USD, depending on exchange rate.

It's worth the money as it will last forever and will help make your car truly worth $76,000 USD.

You've got to believe though Mark. If you're not a believer then your not dope, but more dopey...... Get wit it....

RE: flame effect paint work.

Again this is a popular finish in the Esprit community and more recently several Ferrari owners with 458's have been copying Lotus stylie.

It's more a historical reference to the early carb versions of our beloved motors and a homage to those Esprit' lost in battle due to leaking carb seals. It was on the car when he bought it so that particular investment was already taken care of by a previous owner.

It's a minter and I'm sure is being currently massively undervalued, but if we keep talking money in every post it will hopefully reinforce the fact that this unique motor car is worth at least $1,000,000....

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Oohhhh! Look at those add-ons: open-air package, adjustable air suspension package, ram-air package, wide steelies package, thin padded sport seat package, Automatic speed-regulated heli-mounted front oilcooler package, mini-sports instrumentation binacle package, lowered front spoiler package, lowered seat hight package, handcut semi-slick package, and the list goes on and on.

This is seriously expensive stuff, that only super rich dudes with a unobtanium Card would be able to have a pro team to pro-build on to their rare pro-Machinery. Not for ordinary living beings for sure. Can probably only be ordered by special vip's at the presidental election festivital programme.

I guestimate an Investment of at least over 200.000 Uganda dollars plus the original pre-paid Price of no less than 750.000 $ because Colin Chapman 's niece's grandmothers greyhound's new-born puppy peed at the original drawings the very same evening that Gitte Stalone had a centerspread in a mag.

Auch, I guess we should all bow in appreciation :unworthy:

Can I hope to be worthy of applying for a signed Picture or an autograph?

Cheers,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

I think this thread has started to veer off-topic.... :P

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

It just a hunch, but I'm not entirely convinced Karlen is going to be particularly amused when he pops back in here....

Just sayin....! 

Well if I were he, I'd not be too amused with the spray shop, they seem to have got black over spray all over the front of the car!

Karlen, my good man, you strike me as someone who is not easily scared off by an almost universal inability of our fellow forum members to decode your running commentaries on a most unique vehicle. I have reached the conclusion, one likely shared by many here, that the King's English (and U.S. variants thereof) is not your native tongue. In and of itself this is not of great import, as more than a few of our forum respondents speak languages not even remotely kin to English as their primary parlance, yet they manage quite handily to express their input in terms that most of us can comprehend. 

A significant portion of your discourse can, if fact, be deciphered with minimal effort. Might I suggest that more of your boundless energy be expended in an endeavor to reduce some of the, shall we say, "highly stylistic" linguistic techniques often employed in your obviously joyful descriptions and your vigorous attempts at conveying your ongoing labors to make your Esprit into the pinnacle of the motoring world. Many here are truly interested in seeing the results of your efforts. We are all "car guys" at heart. 

Regards,

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Lol we'll I like all the comments kept me reading for more lol.

Wow it has been an interesting week and a half since I last posted I still haven't got my car since then I have been called back to the shop to order a new starter and lines that go with it from JEE in California lollll I m not even surprised1000 bucks. But anyway Monday is the dam DAY THAT I'M GOING TO GET THE CAR I WAS CHASING THE MECHANIC AROUND A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO HAD TO STOP MYSELF BECAUSE I WAS GETTING SO ANGRY I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON MY CAR FOR FOUR MONTHS AND SPENT IN IMMENSE AMOUNT OF MONEY ON IT

Btw my car has a racing cam I just found out from shop I had no idea

I was talking about stage 1 weight reduction kit . The tubes were custom ordered from jae to fit the hks blowoff valves . I talk perfectly fine English prob a lot better then u so I don't care about all the remarks about what in saying. It's not my fault the dam iPhone 5s types in its own words half the time.

Well done, Karlen. Your clarity level has increased by an order of magnitude. 

Important communication tip:  Lose the iPhone, obtain an Android device. They have an English language selection option. :D

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

My main objective here is to let people know that a simple spun bearing means 30 grand unless u want to ruin the car and put a different lotus engine with none matching numbers in . Btw I replaced everything I could imagine because I don't need another problem in the future. Also why I invested so much is

Because car had alert so many tasteful and awesome upgrades that doing half assed job just means more

Money later to sink into it. But I truly believe this car is one of the best exotics made still with such lightweight and a few upgrades it walks away from lambo gaillardoa . See for urself if u don't believe

Me the video is on YouTube . Lotus is just amazing car and my favorite since I was younger

• Gold FFM

I'm guessing the "tubes" are silicon hoses?

I'd love to see an itemised bill for this lot.  And some decent photos, especially of the custom flames...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Hi Karlen,

Good on you, we cross fingers for you to get the car back on Monday, and enjoy ;) ;) ;)

What are those stage one tubes?

I agree fully with you on the exotic car thing. I look up specs on old cars, and even a mini Ferrari (308) is heavy and slow.

Not entirely sure, but it seems to me, that you pay a rather high price for spares on your side of the pond?

Cheers,

Jacques,

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Karlen, this topic is 3 pages long now, unfortunately 3 pages of utter bullcrap that you are either making up or are being fed by someone who is ripping you off.

I was so concerned that you were being fed a load of shit by your shop bloke that I took the initiative to pop by and take a look at how thy are getting on.

He was quite open and honest with me about how he is manufacturing stories about bits that need replacing and fixing as his wife wants a new car, ring and luxury holiday in the Maldives, all of which he is hoping to achieve from your one job alone. You should get it back soon as he said he is getting to the point where he doesn't think he'll get away with it any more and doesn't want to get caught. He asked me not to say anything on here but I thought it would be dishonest of me to hold the information to myself.

He did however let me take it for a drive. MAN DOES THIS THING GO FAST....!!

We were pulling like a boy in a brothel all the way from standstill to 218mph, I bottled it at that point sorry. You'll have to find V-Max for yourself. Please keep us posted though.

I took the liberty of taking a few Pro photo shots of your car while we were out.

STUNNING is not the word.....!!

Got a few more from the helicopter that I need to work on as my iphone5s was struggling to keep up with the sheer speed of the car, if you don't believe I will post a video up on YouTube later for you to look at.

Here's the photos so far though!

This one is when I had a little off and crashed into a field. The picture turned out quite good and I think really captures the fluorescent gold wheels very well indeed...

4CB730FE-748C-4A44-85D2-F1DB2027F0E5.jpg

Here it is again, you can see the chase helicopter in the background, that is mine by the way, I am, as all lotus owners, very very VERY rich, we have to be because of all our spun bearings....!!! (Let's not tell everyone though hey as they'll all want a money pit in their garages!)

2573840F-3FA7-492A-A631-62CB1BF3C633.jpg

Anyway, hope you like.

The Blokey in the shop didn't like your flames, so he's painted over them and put on some 'fast&furious' stickers.

They look so pimp, you are going to be so stoked when you get it on Monday.

• Like 1

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

Simon, about those 'rare spices' you picked up in Copenhagen...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.