Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Best and worst of Scotland's roads - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Best and worst of Scotland's roads

Well, if all I did for the rest of my life was drive my Evora from Glencoe to Crianlarich, I would die a happy, happy man. Effortless overtaking, faultless ride, tremendously sure footed. You know you are on it when bikers wave you past !

Conversely, the B road from Lockerbie to Langholm, has to be the worst road surface this side of the sea of tranquility. Potholes galore, constant camber changes, limited visibility, just awful.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A9 between between Latheron heading up to Thurso...always quiet...extremely fast, wonderfull flowing curves, s-bends and excellent straights..A road made for the Esprit to eat it up in three figures..and of course where the a9 goes over Berriedale water beforehand..wondfull views on that steep incline...pop pop bang bang! Obviously there are more challenging roads up there..but there are so many ive been along and loved I wouldn't know where to start..

Welcome to our world! Know your first mentioned road well amongst many others up that way and a lovely part of our world. The othe one is a bit to far south. Almost Englandshire so doesn't count <grin>. The other night I was out for a midsommers nights blast at 22:30 and almost daylight and was waved by, by some bikers who had been out for a blast and were surprised when I came up on them. Great apart from the fly sandwich embedded on the front of the car though the next morning.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

A702 Dalvene pass from Thornhill to Elvanfoot/M74 if you are in the Dumfries & Galloway area. Wide sweeping turns, good visibility, and recently resurfaced.

I am planning to go see mum and dad in the not to distant future, nothing to do with taking 'Ethel' for a fast run on that road...

It's been a while, but I have fond memories of dodging sheep on the road to Applecross, in my mighty Ford something-or-other hire car. Pretty much had the road all to myself (with wife as copilot). Might be a good place to borrow Ronin's car for the day. :) 

main-95.jpg

Tornapress-_warnings_about_Bealach_Na_Ba

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.