Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
my first show! - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

my first show!

Daniel

Did my first classic car show on Sunday.

Just a local affair in Burnley, but it was busy with plenty of the usual stuff and only 2 lotuses.

My S2 went down an absolute storm, especially with the kids. Lots of compliments and general interest.

Really enjoyed it so I'm doing another in a couple of weeks.

9ADCD147-2DB7-44D4-B70D-C7EF8FFD609A_zps

B2EFC2E4-5166-4786-817A-F8F78627DA87_zps

1249A4FC-5323-44C9-8434-FA66F1A862CF_zps

248C1C01-16DA-419B-B928-229CE850F176_zps

• Like 1

Lovely car mate. Glad you enjoyed your event :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

That Esprit of yours is the business. I'm beginning to wonder if the S2 is in fact the most attractive of all the Esprits? I've been an early Turbo man for years but I'm coming round....... I think it's the wheels and the black along the bottom that does it for me......

Awesome!

Edited by stephenwhyte

Beautiful. When i got my Esprit i was bullied by a friend to go to a show with him. He has a Morris Minor. In the end i went under the condition that will be it. I am the last person you would expect to attend these shows. I loved it and go to loads now throughout the summer!!!

Yes, I thought I'd be bored after a couple of hours but the day flew and loads of people wanted to chat...... and I like to chat, especially about me or mine!!

Could count the "does it go under water?" comments on one hand, so that's not too bad....... felt the need to find a Delorean and ask the owner where his flux capacitor is...... but there were none.

A young girl made me giggle as she approached the car announcing "WOW!!! now, that's the future!!!!"

One guy 'complimented' my car by saying that it looks a bit like a Ferrari..... and another chap announced to his mate with a degree of authority that it's 4WD...... so I'm looking forward to testing that out!!

Lookin good Dan. And loving that Hillman Imp Sprint (or whatever it was called).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

more pics of the S2 please, absolutely stunning, especially in yellow.

the S2 is my favourite normally aspirated Esprit, they're still undervalued in my opinion, but for how much longer I wonder?

Classic car shows are the perfect way to show people how futuristic the Esprit design was when you can point to something alongside with chrome wheeltrims and tell them it was made the same year!

The "S2 looks best" movement used to be a small niche group of social outcasts, but many people are coming around to it now

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Is this the one I spotted last yr passing coventry on the m6 the day you picked it up? I love the s2..and obviously yellow is the best colour..I like the interior and think its great with the chrome strip running the dash. Im firmly a fan of the 70/80s styling..

Pretty sure I spotted you on the M6 yesterday afternoon Daniel... I was heading southwards and saw the pointy banana heading north. looked great.

If it was between J26 and J29 that would have been me heading back from a meeting in Liverpool

Weather permitting I'll be at another show this weekend!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Shows are great fun and you meet loads of people whoo are fairly surprised when they ask details on the cars, huge ammount of people still think they wee a kit and of course you get the obvious, Is it kit