Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
well you don't see that every day - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

well you don't see that every day

gghc87

Last Saturday lunchtime

Lancaster , Spitfire and Hurricane at low level right over the house just over the tree tops

WOW , I mean WOW

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well normally I'd have skipped past this post but lying up on the Bridge of my ship one of the guys has brought out "Fly Past" Britain's top selling aviation mag. it seems!  Just last night I had been reading an article in it about the only 2nd flying Lancaster left that is over from Canada on a summer tour only because my old man used to fly them during the war so always paid a bit more attention.

I have terrible Englandshire geography so don't know if any of this info is even close to you.  Seems it arrived on the 8th Aug at RAF Conningsby.  That is home to Battle of Britain Flight.  They are touring as a mixed group with the smaller fighters until it returns to Canada on 22nd Sept.  It is going to be over or at a large number of airfields/RAF bases etc. in its time here but it is also doing fly pasts at or landing at the following main shows.

It did:

Dunsfold 23/24th Aug

Dawlish 23rd

Little Gramsden 24th

It is doing/still to do:

Bournemouth and Shoreham yesterday and today.

Prestwick on the 6th

Portrush on the 6th/7th

Jersey & Guernsey  on the 11th

Goodwood revival on the  13th/14th

Possibly also Duxford again on 13th/14th

Plane spotter geek moment passed.  Back to cars.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

Andrew, you worked on it and it's still flying by your own admission, is it made of cast iron, wrought iron..

Hi Andrew,

Brave men indeed if you worked on it!  I thought castles were more your thing?

Anyway this is the Canadian one not the British one.  I believe from Geek Central mag that it has only recently returned to airworthiness. This all sounds like I studied the mag too much. :help:

I don't remember seeing a post about it so if this is one of your funny handshake mob things (i.e. Club Lotus and their non existent interwebby thing communications) that might be why, as not all can make it along to hear about it.

Anyway unfortunately I'm now committed to being on the Rescue unit at Bo'ness Hillclimb on the Saturday so can't do it otherwise I'd have gone along myself anyway.

C U on the Sunday at the hill and you can tell me all about it.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I'm heading to Ayr on Saturday as well, but with the family + dogs so the Elise will have to stay at home for the day, can't win all the time. The Elise already had two runs this week and another pencilled in for Sunday :thumbsup: