Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2-Eleven picture thread - Page 2 - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2-Eleven picture thread

Bibs

• 5 months later...

September European trip in the 2 eleven.  The car was amazing on these roads, and faultlessly reliable. 

Sadly, I'm considering selling the car which is tough, it is very special, the last one ever built, signed by the factory, and in immaculate condition having won trophies in a number of shows over the last year. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Lovely car and brilliant scenery. I keep pondering selling my 2-Eleven in exchange for a V6 Cup. 2-Eleven is utterly sublime but the lack of weather protection makes it a pain to use regularly (no doubt there will be hardcore drivers who will use theirs no matter what the weather, good on them!). I just don't use it enough at the moment. Probably one day I'll move to a new Exige. 

Lovely car and brilliant scenery. I keep pondering selling my 2-Eleven in exchange for a V6 Cup. 2-Eleven is utterly sublime but the lack of weather protection makes it a pain to use regularly (no doubt there will be hardcore drivers who will use theirs no matter what the weather, good on them!). I just don't use it enough at the moment. Probably one day I'll move to a new Exige. 

Adam, I've been through exactly that process. I know I will regret selling it because as you say, they are sublime. 

I went to the Cat and Fiddle meet in Macclesfield today in the 2-eleven, having put the original wheels back on (I did the Europe trip on a set of all weather tyres rather than the A048's) and again it felt amazing. Will be sorry to see it go.  Not sure whether to push it now or wait till spring? 

I sold my 2-eleven about 18 months ago and I have to say I regret doing it :( Like most, I sold it through lack of use but once it's gone you realise that although it may not get used much, when it is used the highs you get are very high indeed.

The Exige V6 Roadster is a pretty damn good replacement though, and even if the high isn't quite as high as the 2-eleven, it does get a lot more use. If I had more space and money I'd have both!

The only car I regret selling:

PB110021.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Considered selling mine as well. Priced up a V6 Cup on a bad weather outing in the 2-11 (stopped in at Bell and Colvil to avoid the rain, left the lights on, drained the battery - b******d thing!) , but luckily didn't get as far as a test drive.

Took it for a spin a few days later again in the sun, on track; just sublime. Even this morning the relatively boring run down the A3 to Newlands Corner was great fun.

So, I found the perfect antidote to it - an S1 Elise! Did some man-maths, and it was cheaper to buy and run an S1 alongside it for more day-to-day use. 

image10.jpg

At the moment I've no plans to ever sell the 2-11. It's the car I've kept the longest.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

could I please have a borrow of your man maths calculator - I've got a wife needs a little explaining to... 

Well done on the Elise - have to admit - my next target car. To go alongside the other....

Only here once

• 4 weeks later...

Loving your V6 - good to see you have continued the yellow theme!

We must have the same taste in car as an exige like yours is the only car I would consider parting with the 211 for

• 3 weeks later...

Have had this one since 2008 and still love it ......  especially when driven in its natural habitant. :D

side1.jpg

corkscrew2.jpg

front-low copy.jpg

• Like 2

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this so thought I would add mine in ... build #27  MY2008  . 

Always look forward to driving it ... nothing beats a good day at the track in the trusty 2-11!!

z Front .jpg

z side.jpg

And for something a little different ... 

z front side .jpg

z rear side .jpg

z SideEng.jpg

Edited by cphbc
spelling
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Looks like the hot water heater for the thermos sitting beside it. :getmecoat: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Since we're going naked, here's a few more ;) ...........

bobcat on the dyno.jpg

engine bay-red.jpg

engine bay3.jpg

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

17 hours ago, AdamK said:

Dry sump oil canister? 

My 2-eleven will look like that next month when I get my full cage fitted. I'm looking forward to a trip to lotus motorsport. 

Aye, looks like a dry sump tank to me. 

Wow, that's exciting stuff, Adam!