Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
heater vacuum system - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

heater vacuum system

Hi all. On 1993.5 s4 does the vacuum pipe from the pump come in to the heater from the rright or the l h side. can u see and reach up to the rubber elbows valves and control cam. the pump is running continuosly and I can't hear or feel any flap movement .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I believe it's central, under the tunnel trim.  Have you checked for leaks at the back of the car first?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Soinds like your pump has gone. Locate your pump and take off the vac hose. Put your finger over the end and if pump switches off then you have a vac hose leak. If it carries on then your diaphragm in the pump has gone. It's easier buying a new pump as they have come down a lot in price.

Hope this helps,

David

Thanks sparky and david. Finger on pump exit made it stop. Moved on to tee piece near roll over valve.pulled connector to heater.finger on kept running.found small split in one of the other connectors.replaced it.finger on tee heater exit.ran for a few seconds creating vacuum then

stopped.tested heater could hear flaps moving.all ok

Hi Steve,

I am glad you got it sorted and it was an easy fix. It was a good job you addressed it so quickly as those pumps will burn out quickly if left running constantly!

Regards,

David Walters