Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Classic Le Mans Virgin - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Classic Le Mans Virgin

Mario79

Classic Le mans virgin ! I am looking at organising a trip to next years Classic Le Mans for me and my good lady to celebrate my half century. Just wondering if any one on the forum has had the experience and can pass any recommendations on regarding travel agents, places to stay! Ferry crossings etc. Is anyone else thinking of making the trip ? I am going to make the trip in my JPS Esprit, fingers crossed on that one!

Chris

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been since it started......it's got bigger and bigger and whilst still good there is a definate lean to easing the cash from your pocket

We drive to Portsmouth, overnight to StMalo, drive down getting there Friday, then plenty to see and do Friday, Saturday and Sunday.....displays, shops, bars.....also the racing , practice , qualifying, track laps.....

We have the grandstand/paddock tickets, also camp at the circuit.....

The facilities are....Erm....basic....so we sort ourselves but being in walking distance comes in handy when the traffic queues grow....

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Been to the last 3 and always a cracking few days. Will be going again next year again booking through Travel Drstinations. Includes Ferry or Fastcat out of Poole, Camping and grandstand seating. Book relatively early if poss.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Yup, Ive been its great. We camped in Bleu Sud. Reasonable prices. Speed chills do a good package I believe. Havent been to the last one, but always seem to meet people we know Mr May ;) Weather can really hot and changeable so be prepared.

We go to the Le Mans 24 hour every year and there is more choice and we take the Caravan for the whole week.

There is becoming less scope to camp as they develop numerous areas like Maison Blance (Gone) Karting Nord (Gone) Houx, not available for the classic, Houx annexe now only a quarter of the size it was.

There is plenty to see and I doubt you will be disappointed. Its a great area to travel around and Le Mans itself has lots of great bars and places to eat, Arnage is around the corner and a great place to be when everything kicks off.

The classic is a great introduction to Le Mans if you have never been before and the historical aura of the place is evident when you watch your first practice.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I quite fancy going next year, but there's no way on God's green earth I'm camping. Done that, been there, got the T-shirt, and I don't do it no more. As long as there's a decent hotel, then I'd consider it.

Margate Exotics.

No need to camp, plenty of alternatives.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

A warning. Book very early as the good and close accommodation gets full quickly. At my age I never camp and by leaving things late I have had to travel a fair distance each day. 

• Gold FFM

Yeah. As others have said camping is around the circuit and the cars are never any more than 200-300 hundred metres from you. Hotel is more comfortable obviously but you'll be queuing to get in and out each day so be prepared to waist valuable car/beer time. :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Not been but would love to go. There is a good article in octane magazine this month about a hotel near Le Mans. Looks good value and has lots of Le mans team and driver history.

Missed your post, Stuart. Which hotel was it?

http://www.lhoteldefrance.fr/

Might be a TLF deal in the offing there too :)

I'll keep my eye out for that.

I shall have an ask around my old Le Mans diehard friends, too.

Margate Exotics.

Ah, OK.

I did try to book a hotel near the track at Le Mans one year, but the dates were blocked out, presumably by the travel companies. As they only seemed to offer packages, and I don't need the channel crossing part as I still get free tickets, I gave in at the time.

I shall do some research.

Margate Exotics.