Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 26 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

22 minutes ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@TBD you had the 18/19 P Zero not the 19 / 20 P Zero Corsa I guess?

Both!

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

20 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

No issue for me. I took the bulbs out of the boot lights anyway as I sometimes leave it open when the trickle charger is on.

The real answer @adfer is:

1. They fitted one boot light to the 400 to reduce weight - one is lighter than two!

2. Sparco seats are lighter than the Recaro's

3. Plastic grills are lighter than metal ones and they don't need to be repainted when you've been washing the car for a few years

4. Michelin tyres are lighter than the pirelli ones....   hehehe...

See, all those improvements where for the benefit of the new owners driving pleasure and to stay true to Colin's original ethos of light is right.....

KoolAid.jpg

Andy, I detect a tongue in cheek attitude in your response!

Yes, the squeaky Sparco seats are lighter than Recaros, but Mansory carbon GTE seats are lighter still. 

The metal mesh top grills were prone to rusting if you are over enthusiastic with the power washer. Mine are fine.

"Light is right" is an admirable philosophy but doesn't mean that light is always better.  Weight on a tyre gives you grip.

Tongue in cheek. Moi? Never. Totally serious @adfer@adfer. After all, as you've seen I live by Colin's creed and am as light as a feather and float like a butterfly! ;)

I know you're right re cost v light, but.....

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

16 hours ago, adfer said:

"Light is right" is an admirable philosophy but doesn't mean that light is always better.  Weight on a tyre gives you grip.

So are you telling me I was driving too slow? Would the additional downforce from the wing at 250 kmh have prevented the aquaplaning?

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

That's a good question Thomas. Driving faster would give you more grip at the rear, but the risk of aquaplaning also depends on the depth of the tyre tread and the amount of water on the road. 

• 3 weeks later...

The GTE really is a special and stunning looking car. Strong price but then there are only 19 on the road currently in the world. I'd still have one of these over a 400, however, I think a 410 might just shade it - but only just.  Lovely.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

The GTE really is a special and stunning looking car. Strong price but then there are only 19 on the road currently in the world. I'd still have one of these over a 400, however, I think a 410 might just shade it - but only just.  Lovely.

Just take it to my friends at Komotec and let their magic resolve your doubts. 

I really miss mine, despite the Ex460. The price just shows how stupid my leasing company was. :devil:

• Like 2

Ah but Thomas you miss my point. With the 410 less is more, then 460 kit on top. Sorry but a 460hp 410 beats a 460 GTE in my book and 20k cheaper too!

So a GTE please in its virgin form. Just lovely.... Or a 460 410 if that makes sense!!!

Sorry, in London and pished.....

The small print.

A 410 remains a common animal, regardless of power. I did consider it an option, but the GTE has a true Lotus history and will always remain unique. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

This was posted over on Pistonheads in their "Supercars Spotted" thread. Doesn't seem to fit any of the descriptions listed - copy or genuine?

red gte.png

Thats Gav Kirkby gte, he bought as a track car and did the suspension etc conversion himself. It runs a Swindon engine and management. A Gte but just not one of the 20 factory gt 350 conversions. Stunning car.

Wasn't that the car that was Gold with a red interior...

In any case the one pictured above is Gav's car as 21gg mentioned above!

• 3 weeks later...

That's good to know. I had been keeping an eye on the Hoffman's site for the past couple of weeks. In fact I used their advertisement to help support my recent insurance valuation. Shame to see #15 leave our shores, but not surprising with LHD and weak Sterling.