Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 31 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

5 hours ago, Babas89 said:

You're right, it got standard wishbone and spacer 

That would be a GTE for posers. Handling with spacers on the front wheels are an absolute no go.

In fact the wishbones were a key element that Lotus reengineered for the original 20.

BTW GTE #11, my old car, finally has a new owner. More shortly.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

2 minutes ago, TBD said:

That would be a GTE for posers. Handling with spacers on the front wheels are an absolute no go.

In fact the wishbones were a key element that Lotus reengineered for the original 20.

BTW GTE #11, my old car, finally has a new owner. More shortly.

I'm totaly agree with that and that's why I haven't any other GTE yet!

The handling is so great and for sure Lotus doesn't make that change on the suspension for nothing!!!

Why be classic when you can be unique

Looking at the picture above the fronts dont appear to have any spacers on them. I can only presume from that the car will have the later (longer) wishbones on the front as the factory cars have (stratton bought all the stock of those too). The factory cars with the longer front wishbones run a front wheel that is very similar in offset to the std Evora sizes. Its only the rear that is massively different from the normal Evora. 

They're are obviously 400 wheels so I'd say wishbones front, spacers rear.

From what i know, only the green with brown interior got the good wishbones, except if they modifie it to get the one I want with the correct spec!

But I don't know if they really want to sell the car they got...

Why be classic when you can be unique

Didn't the "original"  GTE's have centre-locking wheels?  This one still looks like it has five lugs on the rims .....    I guess the proof would be to find out what motor is under the boot?

11 minutes ago, aerobat said:

Didn't the "original"  GTE's have centre-locking wheels?  This one still looks like it has five lugs on the rims .....    I guess the proof would be to find out what motor is under the boot?

No, the centre lock wheels were "dropped" from the original spec when the cars were finally completed. A bit like the Cosworth tuned 400bhp engine, the carbon seats that weren't approved, etc.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

As tarmac terrorist says, that (the grey one) is one of the original GTE's. The original cars did have centre locking wheels but the hubs were just adapters that bolted onto the original 5 bolts hubs (as per picture ). Again as TT says, it must have the new longer front wish bones and kept the originals at the rear but used spacers. Yes it will be intersting to see what engine is in it, anyone going to the open day?

In the mean time I acquired a pair of these at the weekend. My god they are light compared to the Recaros! And yes they were in a mini, which was originally bought from someone in norfolk who worked at the factory.

Gav

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

They look different to the Recaro ones I have seen in other GTE images.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Evora-Recaro-GTE-Seats-/302309573496

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/en/product-areas/original-equipment/products/lotus-evora-gte/lotus-evora.html

What are your plans for them. You have a tan interior, don't you?

8 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

I’ve been looking for those seats, any more available?

Trevor.

I've been looking for ages and these happen to pop up on ebay, like most of my other bits of GTE carbon fibre stuff I've acquired. I've only ever seen two single seats for sale previously. The lad had them in a mini previously owned by a lotus employee. I believe Stratton's have at least one black pair but want/ed very silly money for them, even more than the Recaros in your link. 

I haven't decided, my options are office chair (which seems like sacrilege) or get them re-covered and put them in my car. I know technically they aren't homologated but they can be any worse/better than standard elise type seats. I might put them in as they are to try them and then if I'm happy with them, then get them recovered.

Cant believe how light they are, you can pick them up with one finger.

Gav

My other option was to get my spare pair of Tan Recaros re-trimmed as the Recaro website ones but now I have these CF ones I am probabley going to sell my spare recaros. They only issue is that these GTE ones are fixed back bucket seats but I'm hoping my 7yr old can squeeze round them.

25 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

I’ve been looking for those seats, any more available?

Trevor.

I have a pair like those on the rack in my store, think mine are the reclining ones though....could be yours!

Edited by Ishy

3 minutes ago, 21gg said:

My other option was to get my spare pair of Tan Recaros re-trimmed as the Recaro website ones but now I have these CF ones I am probabley going to sell my spare recaros. They only issue is that these GTE ones are fixed back bucket seats but I'm hoping my 7yr old can squeeze round them.

Yes, as a fellow 2+2 owner who shoe-horns his reluctant kids into the back, that would be a deal-breaker for me.

The other option is to fit one and trim it to match. Once I've fitted one then I will let you know. I do believe Mansory so some very similar ones for Ferrari that arnt fixed but hate to think what they would cost.

Gav

Those seats on the ebay link are just standard S1 recaro's retrimmed are they not.

The original proposed GTE seats were these carbon ones I believe, weighing only 5kg a piece and they are lovely in the flesh. Craig Moncrieff had a set in his office in Edinburgh in red. Lovely....

seat2.jpg

seats1.jpg

• Love 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Those look just like the ones I have, but for some reason I'd thought mine were recliners maybe not I'll have to check tonight....

Don't forget the runners!  hahaha.....

The small print.

18 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Don't forget the runners!  hahaha.....

Bugger, ok so they might be, a little!

They actually come with Ali brackets which I presume bolt onto the standard runners. Still the easiest 30kg lost. It all helps when you got the lardy 2+2 :blush:

29 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Those seats on the ebay link are just standard S1 recaro's retrimmed are they not.

The original proposed GTE seats were these carbon ones I believe, weighing only 5kg a piece and they are lovely in the flesh. Craig Moncrieff had a set in his office in Edinburgh in red. Lovely....

seat2.jpg

seats1.jpg

The red set that were in Craig Moncrieff’s garage are mine. I fitted them to my white GTE. They are incredibly light and very comfortable. I still have them.

49FD1594-2634-428D-8878-60DF26150A94.jpeg

2653CCA7-9582-46EE-A6B7-A8E14C90362B.jpeg

• Like 1