Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 27 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

I'm afraid it won't be easy to register here, as there is no CoC for the GTE, but who knows ... and I don't know fro sure if the deal is done, but it seems to be on its way !

anyway, owning TWO GTEs should not even be allowed by law :lol: (Adfer ?) !

11 hours ago, French Frie said:

I'm afraid it won't be easy to register here, as there is no CoC for the GTE, but who knows ... and I don't know fro sure if the deal is done, but it seems to be on its way !

anyway, owning TWO GTEs should not even be allowed by law :lol: (Adfer ?) !

The GTE actually comes with a CoC for the Evora S, so it should not be so difficult to register.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Thomas, it may be ok for german administration, but you don't know french one enough if you think it can be compared  :ph34r:... But I guess the new owner may just "forget" to mention how the GTE is different from the regular S :blush: ! I assume I would ...

4 minutes ago, French Frie said:

@TBD : Thomas, is this GTE one of the 20, or a look-alike ? I love the color ...

I think not, none of the original 20 was in light blue, as you can see in the registry: https://www.lotusregister.com/evora/gte

Also, I'm not sure if it is a GTE wide body at all.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

No that looks like a standard width Evora with a GTE style front bumper. No wide body, no Carbon sills, no vent infront of the rear wheels etc.

On the topic of cars in France, I have no direct knowledge but always thought that mechanically they had to be kept original but bodywork wize they could be altered? If so then a GTE would be no problem.

Gav

• Like 1

@21gg: unfortunately, you can't modify your car in anyway in France... even small differences in tyres size are not allowed ! and now, the equivalent of MOT centre will be able to refuse any car with visible modifications, such as wings, spoilers, barges, exhaust, or if the car has been lowered... they also have to checked OBDII history and can rejected the car if something looks weird ! police has been allowed to check OBD infos too, but we don't know yet what they're authorized to check ...

But, of course and as usual, everybody takes his own risks :ph34r: :blush: !

On 9.5.2017 at 14:17, French Frie said:

@21gg: unfortunately, you can't modify your car in anyway in France... even small differences in tyres size are not allowed ! and now, the equivalent of MOT centre will be able to refuse any car with visible modifications, such as wings, spoilers, barges, exhaust, or if the car has been lowered... they also have to checked OBDII history and can rejected the car if something looks weird ! police has been allowed to check OBD infos too, but we don't know yet what they're authorized to check ...

Same in Germany, in fact I believe your Controle Technique is based on our TÜV experience. Any changes of technical relevance must be presented and recorded in the car's papers. 

But then there is Lotus:sofa: Lotus models only come with the European CoC and must be indiidually presented to the TÜV prior to registration. However the factory specification is nowhere documented beyond the minimum. Different aero packages, tires, suspension, etc. that are factory options make every vehicle unique and can cause problems with registration.

I sepcifically chose Komotec for the GTE because they have a close relationship with the local TÜV and were able to manage the process. The Lotus CoC specifies the vehicle as an Evora S and that was accepted though the car has little similarity. I'm sure an experiences dealer like Exigence or Marcassus can do the same in France.

On 9 May 2017 at 13:17, French Frie said:

Suddenly Brexit seems a far better idea. 

Is this just the law, or reality. If you had a tuner car what is likely to happen?

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

1 hour ago, PAR said:

What do GTE go for those days? Any market?

£110k + 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

So Strattons have obviously used some of the 'non production' body panels on their race car, which I dont have an issue with as they can all be bought from mansory. However after seeing Jay Emm's latest video of a swindon engined evora s, they're obviously using other bits like carbon interior door trims, carbon steering wheeels, carbon mirrors, a pillar covers etc. So they are obviously using all the spares lotus had.

Its says they are using it as a test bed? So do we think they are going to make some more 'GTE's' with the switndon engines and full GTE interiors?

Anyone know?

Gav

Test bed for what? Certainly not much market for a Swindon engined Evora S since the Evora 400 came out. 

Its really a shame that the GTE is such an unloved vehicle in Hethel. They literally dumped the parts on Stratton, never leveraged the car in marketing or tried to build a heritage around it. A kind of  "we sold ther junkyard that Dany left us with" approach. A real shame considering that the GTE had such potential!

Now, if Hethel could give the world a GTE wide body Evora 450....

Sorry for my lack of reply on this gents, I've been waiting until the sale of the car had been fully completed before posting up.

I was very sad to have to let her go. I hope the new owner treasures it as I did.

I had a variety of reasons for selling it, I wont bore you with all the details but the main ones were simply down to the amount of money tied up in something I wasn't using, and also having a second one sitting in the garage which in many way is far more unique (and I was using...).

Thanks go out to Hofmann's for the painless surgery they performed removing it from me, a pleasure to deal with.

Gav

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 21gg said:

So Strattons have obviously used some of the 'non production' body panels on their race car, which I dont have an issue with as they can all be bought from mansory. However after seeing Jay Emm's latest video of a swindon engined evora s, they're obviously using other bits like carbon interior door trims, carbon steering wheeels, carbon mirrors, a pillar covers etc. So they are obviously using all the spares lotus had.

Its says they are using it as a test bed? So do we think they are going to make some more 'GTE's' with the switndon engines and full GTE interiors?

Anyone know?

Gav

Wait and see...

3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

By the way did it go to France as someone suggested? 

it should be in Marcassus facilities (Toulouse) in two days :) ... 

@TBD :  +1111 regarding a new 4XX GTE, based on the 400 :wub: !

Just to let you know that I had my GTE geometry checked the other day. TBD said his was out when Komo-Tec checked straight from the factory, so it's always been at the back of my mind as something to attend to (especially concerning tyre life). 21gg provided a copy of the "350GT" factory settings print-out a while back and I asked the mechanics to use that as their template. I haven't received the documentation yet, but all 4 corners needed attention and one was apparently quite a bit out, so food for thought for other GTE owners.

Cheers, still not had mine done yet, but now it's become my second car I will have a bit more chance. Anyway, TLF's own report on Stratton racing return mentions the race car is based on the gte's they are selling? So I guess they are going to be using the spares to make a few extras, presumably with the Swindon engine. Will be interesting to see the spec and price.

Gav