Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 29 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

At the bottom of the advert, the seller claims it's the only GTE for sale right now worldwide.

They could have made a 5 second Google search and found LHD white #14 at Hofmanns. Much lower mileage (5677 miles = 9156 km). Price GBP 112,000 (= just over EUR 127,000). More importantly, an immaculate undamaged car!

Are you saying GTE#11 is still damaged? Wow, hope not at that price!  :shock::harhar:

Does the same logic apply to someone spending millions buying a Ferrari GTO or an original GT40 that has been  crashed whilst racing?  Surely as long as the repairs have been done professionally and to the correct standard, and the chassis is straight, the fact it has been in an accident is irrelevant. It adds to the history and the patina they would say.  I'm more pissed off for @TBD whoi wanted to keep his lovely GTE but was hoodwinked by the lease and insurance companies.

It's funny, over on the VX220 you hear a lot of people going on about "ooo, be careful, that VX220 was a Cat C damaged car in 2004" - no shit sherlock, it was also 13 years ago and the car has been fine ever since and passed every MOT since etc etc. I'd be more weary of the fact that not every damaged car gets reported so you are always buying on condition and the history is meh, unless you track down every owner for all the facts, and even then, are they going to tell you they had the whole rear bodywork replaced after their wife reversed the damn thing into a bollard or the garage wall?

Just saying.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

car has been repaired by official Lotus Service Point (Schuttenbach) by extreme trustable persons - also if I remember right the accident have not been "that heavy", esp new front clam, the rims have been changed in complete although the damaged rim would have been able to restore,

Disagree strongly. Call me old-fashioned, but if I'm forking out GBP 112K or so on a second-hand car and have a choice of two fairly identical examples, of which one has pirouetted along the Armco of a German Autobahn and effectively been written-off, then been bought by a dealer from the leasing company and subsequently repaired,  whereas the other one is pretty much exactly the same as the day it left the factory, then I'm going for the original one.

As for Ferrari 250 GTO's, that's a completely different market, whereby old competition cars are likely to have had accidents,, but the extra value of "no stories" cars still applies..

• Like 1

I agree the price is high, but my lawyer likes it, it confirms what we always claimed. Schüttenbach paid a premium to buy the car, but spent considerably less on the repair. 

In comparing the price you have to take the German pricing into account. The GT430 is priced at ~160.000€, whereas the other GTEs sold recently were sold on Brexit prices. 

I think the good news is that the car will be back on the road, so there are again 20 GTEs! 

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

5 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Disagree strongly. Call me old-fashioned, but if I'm forking out GBP 112K or so on a second-hand car and have a choice of two fairly identical examples, of which one has pirouetted along the Armco of a German Autobahn and effectively been written-off, then been bought by a dealer from the leasing company and subsequently repaired,  whereas the other one is pretty much exactly the same as the day it left the factory, then I'm going for the original one.

As for Ferrari 250 GTO's, that's a completely different market, whereby old competition cars are likely to have had accidents,, but the extra value of "no stories" cars still applies..

Thats what I meant ... 

Anyway ... a very tempting car ... I am sure they will sell it, but I guess it will go for around 120k ?... 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, that's a great color even if it's not my favorite. My previous Lotus was sky blue, solar yellow and chrome orange !

But i'm so happy to get you and the configuration is perfect for me (LHD, manual, 2+0 and alcantara )

Why be classic when you can be unique

ok, thanks ... there are some serious and (very) fast french flippers :P !  it allows others to buy their cars , on second hand though ... I'll also be in the Alps with some Lotus friends from June, 6th, going through a lot of passes :wub: !

enjoy #15 B-) !

Could be great to had a GTE meeting (your car was the first complete GTE I saw when I visit the factory :wub:)

June 6th could be too early to get all the pass open! I'll let you know when we will do it 

We did our trip circa the same date this year, and all the passes were open ... even though the highest one, La Bonette,  was just open 10 days earlier ! Here were the main passes we went through : Madeleine, Galibier, Telegraphe, Bonette, Cayolle,etc...

We did the Route des Grandes Alpes twice, once in the Evora S and once in the GTE #11. An absolute must! 

DSC_0061.JPG

lamapix_13746685_leg.jpg

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I'm impatient to can get the same pics as you TBD :)

The register is updated!

I'm trying to get french registration plate, I'll inform when it's ok!

For the shoot with any 430 it's planned next year when a friend will receive his car :ph34r:

Do you know if it's possible to get a second set of wheels and where?

Or do you have the dimension of the GTE wheel?

I'll like to have a winter set (I love the turbine wheels but don't know if that can fit)