Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 22 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

Fact of the day - the steering wheel rim is magnesium to reduce weight and decrease rotational interia for better steering feedback undampened by excess mass.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Totally agree with all you wrote in the last post Gravel. And Bibs, that just shows the attention to detail Lotus can get to when they try  :)

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Fact of the day - the steering wheel rim is magnesium to reduce weight and decrease rotational interia for better steering feedback undampened by excess mass.

Which is what I'll put on the insurance claim forms when I crash just by admiring attractive pedestrians ;)

Wasn't the old wheel magnesium?   Of was that just the centre / spokes ? 

I was reading the thread and was going to post up that the steering wheel was Magnesium when I read Bibs post so decided I couldn't remember the facts from Sumer 2009.  Too long ago!  I remember it being oft quoted then.

I have often wondered when stroking my steering wheels would I know the difference in feel to touch never mind the feedback aspect.  Considering cost of magnesium over some alloy and the difference in weight not being that much was it a worthwhile spend?  I guess it is a number of incremental steps that makes the overall sensations.

Going back to part of the previous discussion I wouldn't have a Feza to be used the way I do the Evora because having had unlimited access to a F355 back in the 90's it was a horrible experience more often than not taking it out for the negative attention it got.  I can take the Evora almost anywhere and it gets appreciated and smiles.  It will also be there undamaged on return.  The 355 got strange jerky hand signals and left in fear.  The Ferrari body shop was full of vandalised cars.  The back of Murray's or Willowbrae's lot looks like Lotus drivers are at least trying hard to drive the cars and not just look at them.  :unworthy:

• Like 2

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Lotus is not surviving on the small niche fans it currently has.  That is the problem. They need a little boost.

When I think of Lotus, and what the company stands for, I would expect them to be dominant in club racing.  (solo, autocross, Auto-X, whatever the orange cone parking lot racing is called in your region).

It is one of the main uses of the Elise/exige for sure.  But I recall a few years ago the #1 chamion car was not Lotus, it was of all things,....

an RX-8.

And the #2 car...  RX-8

#3  RX-8

#4  RX-8

#5  RX-8

#6  RX-8

#7  RX-8

#8  RX-8

#9  RX-8

#10 RX-8

This should be Lotus's domain in my opinion.  The quick controlled balanced handling needed to succeed in Auto-X should be Lotus's primary goal.  Not Mazda.   Just my 2 cents.

Chris Harris not really feeling the love

@harrismonkey: Jean-Marc Gales says the Evora 400 is 'a true supercar'. Bit worrying that the boss of a sportscar company doesn't know what a supercar is.

Black n gold

He's entitled to his own opinion but does not make him right  :2guns: A supercar compared to the Mclaren F1 of P1, of the Fezza FF, or any other post £250k machine may be not. But a super car, yes, the Evora 400 really is....

Lotus = british = low budget = not sexy to most car journo's. They need to suck up to the big boys to get early access to driver programmes etc as Lotus will sell a few pages/hits, but the next Lambo/Fezza/Macca etc will sell so much more.

But then, that is just my opinion and I might not be right.   :harhar:

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Lotus should promote the keep sake quality of their designs.  By making it light and with the just enough options, they are building something for the long haul.  By choosing a Toyota engine, they want the car on the road a long time...  Designing a driving an experience that will be enjoyed for many year and knowing you car out be "last year's model" or simply as 3 year status symbol...

None of the competitors promote their car as a long term investment and Lotus can distinguish itself as such. 

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

I think this is another thing Lotus needs to market...  At least here in the USA, Lotus does not have a reputation of reliablilty or longevity.  If the new models are truly long term..   Shout it from the mountain tops.

Haha.. That old "definition of a supercar" argument!

I love the Evora, but it isn't a supercar! as exotic feeling the Evora is, please let's not start chatting like they do on other car forums!

It's a very capable coupe that will out handle almost anything sub £80k..

When Lotus ditched IPS label and simply called it an auto (what other big manufactures are going back to to save costs) I really thought they were getting their act together.

Less pretentious BS "it's a supercar" and more focus on quality and core values please.

Let the car do the talking after a proper marketing campaign.

Chris Harris not really feeling the love

@harrismonkey: Jean-Marc Gales says the Evora 400 is 'a true supercar'. Bit worrying that the boss of a sportscar company doesn't know what a supercar is.

Maybe Lotus might be more popular if they had decent parts availability for their cars  :thumbdown:  Having had to wait ages for a new clutch to come into stock, I've just been told today I'm gonna have to wait another 4 weeks before I can get a new bumper :(   :thumbdown:

Kier,

Exactly the sort of thing the competition wouldn't do to a customer. Until this sort of rubbish is resolved they remain the eccentric, niche car maker only enthusiasts like you and me buy.

Sorry to hear about the further delay.

• Like 1

Damn Kier, you're so right. 3 week wait for cruise buttons when I bought car. Wanted barge boards, cash in wallet - on back order...

Drivers window actuator gone - 2 weeks and no sight of part!

You're right, Lotus really do need to sort this out and I would suggest it is ONLY the fact they have mostly great dealers who go the extra mile that keeps customers really happy.....

The small print.

For what its worth, I do not feel my dealer here is very good at all.

They deal with all exotics and they seem like they could care less about Lotus.

I took my EspirtV8 in for some basic maintenance and they had it almost a month and never touched it.   :-/

I'm first on the list for a 400...  but I am concerned they will just forget about it entirely with all those Ferarri's , Lambo's and Aston's around.  *frowny face*

Edited by hyteck9

Bill, i had to laugh at your post, but then I am getting slowly drunk in Warsaw! I don't think 3 weeks to get a part is good, 3 days then yes...

but please forgive my tipsy state the beer is cold and the Wodka colder....

The small print.

Indeed, a 3 week wait for a part isn't a great defence.  I could understand with more unusual parts and i understand that keeping massive stockpiles of all parts would take up space, but I mean 4 weeks wait for a front bumper, really?  It's not a stretch of the imagination to think that bumpers will get pranged so have a few stocked up ready!!

Do they wait for parts to be requested and then make them to order?  

My car went in mid February, that's 3 months already I've gone without it.  Now another 4 weeks until they get a bumper.   I love Lotus, this is my 3rd, but this is exactly the sort of problem I wouldn't be getting if I had a porker.  I'm so frustrated, I'm supposed to be going down to LeMans in a few weeks   :( :(

Most (eg 95%+) of parts are in stock but some suppliers are slower than others to fulfil their orders. It's not always lotus's fault (although sometimes it is!)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

To come back to topic: when Chris Harris complains about the "Title" of the Evora I just want to say that I do not want a supercar as my daily business car - therefore I drive the Evora! As if the classification of the car is important............silly.......and as if anybody might thinking that the classification of CH is important to a petrolhead.........even more silly

I am anticipating positive reviews on the 400 once in the press' hands.  This isn't "a new" car of unknown virtue.  This is a revised car of an already high pedigree.  Lotus took to heart all the critiques with a car and checked every box IMO.  What isn't there to love?

• Like 1

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.