Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 33 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

• Gold FFM

Have had the armrest "up" in every car I've ever owned that had one fitted.  Guess I'm just clumsy.

Interested in how hot the boot gets with the power increase.  If it gets any hotter will have to start keeping my laptop in the cabin on my commute!

Ditto as to how are the Sparco seats and has the seat runner angle been changed / is the RHD accelerator pedal position a little less ankle bending?

Specific for me is a hope the accelerator pedal spring unit is a bit softer.

Interested in how the new mounts and subframe affect idle and high rpm up changes.

Still running the 2 manifold cats or moved to a better 1 cat style?

Have a great day, definitely envious!  Say hi to Roly and Ady from me if you see them  :)

Edited by series_one

We're up there tomorrow which is day 1 of a 3 day press launch! Expect lots of news/reviews/pics of the 400 shortly.

Anything specific anyone would like to know?

Bibs, could you ask the powers that be to confirm that the 400 is the new "base" Evora and if it is what will be the escalation ; the previous one was N/A, S, and GTE, will the new Evora get the same sort of tier? Will the 400 spawn a new Evora 400 GT4 for motorsport use and what about the company motorsport program? 

And please oh please do snap a few shots of a car with the tan interior.  Plus multiple snapshot of a bright (i.e not grey) car without the black pack. Uh, that wiil be all... for now ... Thank you Mr President.

Oh and yeah when will they update the website?

Edited by NedaSay

I did :))) but it wouldn't be called GTE again it would be the Lotus Evora "450 GT" following in the Elise "220 Cup" theme, and an Evora "420 S" would be nice as an interval model.

And considering Porsche's refreshed 911 is said to be downsizing engine quite a lot and not gunning for all out power anylonger a "420 S" would possibly go head to head with the Carrera S. While the Evora 400 would be according to rumours (Car and Worldcarfans.com ) some 35bhp more powerful than the upcoming regular Carrera or on par with it!!!  

Edited by NedaSay

Maybe more appropriate to call it the "450 Crikey" as that would be some breathtaking machinery.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Sorry for off topic, but:

I am r e a l l y tired of the never ending comparison to the subbrand of the Volkswagen Group starting with an P that is building sport cars as a hobby while filling the streets with ugly SUV.....

A Lotus is a Lotus and stands on its own!

• Like 1

We're up there tomorrow which is day 1 of a 3 day press launch! Expect lots of news/reviews/pics of the 400 shortly.

Anything specific anyone would like to know?

As a potential buyer i am interested in interior and a direct comparison on driving experience against Exige.

Sorry for off topic, but:

I am r e a l l y tired of the never ending comparison to the subbrand of the Volkswagen Group starting with an P that is building sport cars as a hobby while filling the streets with ugly SUV.....

A Lotus is a Lotus and stands on its own!

Without those ugly SUVs there wouldnt be a Porsche now. You got it the wrong way around, Porsche make ugly SUVs for a hobby so they can continue to make sports cars. It doesnt matter if you like Porsche or not, the death of any historic sports car company would be a tragedy.

People can continue to keep their blinkers on and think Lotus will be fine without an SUV, and yes, keep believing we will see the Esprit return one day, but until Lotus build an SUV we will never see it again, and that really would be tragic.

Back on topic again, really interested in how the motoring press cover the 400. I wonder how many pages they will grace it with. I wonder if you know who will give it a go.

The Evora is a fine looking car. Only issues being that namby pamby front end and lack of road presence. Making the rear look like a nissan GTR (not famed for its looks) and by adding a square into the front intake hasn't really done much. Huge missed opportunity to fix the front. GTE front is far better than the 400s

Lack of road presence? That's puzzling. I've heard many people say it doesn't photograph well. On the road, there is no car in the non-super car class that garners more attention on the road. Here in Dubai, my car is routinely parked between cars costing triple by the valets. I can't stop for petrol without the attendant commenting on the car. I return to the car in the parking lot and interrupt people taking pictures of the car and even taking pictures of themselves with the car. Quite simply, it turns heads. Road presence is not the problem, unless the British public is so much more jaded than the rest of the world? Porsches don't even register with the general public here.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So, I'm guessing Bibs is excited, about now.

Me? Well, I'm not too proud to say I'm nervous.

I want this car to be the success I so badly want it to be.

If the first press (and Bibs, the jammy git) get their hands on it tomorrow, how long before the first posts/ impressions/ reviews do we think?

• Like 1

I'll be publishing my thoughts and impressions on Thursday. There are 40 or so publications coming along in the next few days, you won't have to wait for long! 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Sport Auto already have a vid up on YouTube of their test driver/editor, Christian Gebhardt, taking the Evora 400 for a spin around Hethel.

Well that did not take too long... Uh is that red alcantara...? it is gorgeous! the Lotus badge is still there... I guess it will be a no cost debadge option. Really like the new dials clean look, there's something almost digital to it. Oh and "race mode on" Oh Yeah!

Edited by NedaSay

My questions would be: What have they done make it sound so good? How is the revised gear linkage? It looks shorter throw on the video. Where in the rev range does it feel faster, if anywhere? How are the new seats? Is the lotus lettering on the dash a grower or a no-shower? ;)

Enjoy! Wish I was there but financial adviser (Mrs Pits) is glad I'm not!

• Like 2

Here is the link: http://shop.motorpresse.de/sport-auto/start/Unfortunately the article isn't online.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Sounds good, bit surprised it was not accelerating harder in the the last (presumably 6th) gear as the old/current Evora does similar, changing to second his arm looked uncomfortable/working around the seat - due to his seat position or is the seat shape causing it?

Lovely to see a factory alcantara wheel. Motorsport could not manage mine and I had to find a trimmer to send mine to while it was at Hethel.

He's a decent driver that reporter.