Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2+2 vs 2+0 Acoustics - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2+2 vs 2+0 Acoustics

Dobbin145

+1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Most people are spending £'s on CAI and exhausts to try and increase the noise in the cabin. Used my 2+0 as a daily runner , with holiday to Germany , with no complaints re noise.

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Thanks, I was just curious. I've not actually looked closely at a 2+0 yet. In fact until this week I wasn't properly in a position to buy. I have a thing for the Oyster interior and have only seen these advertised as 2+2's. Were all Launch Editions 'four' seaters?

Yes, all launch editions were 2+2. To be honest the majority of Evoras are 2+2, they were a ~£1.5k premium but command that premium second hand too. If you're happy with 2+0 you're more likely to get a bargain.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a LE 2+2 and thought that if a genuine LE car (with the LE plate on the door sill) then it had to be 2+2.  I only wanted a 2+0 but didn't want the extra wait until all the LE cars were built which took some time due to early production issues so moved up the waiting list to #3 (into Scotland) by taking a LE.

Frankly I can't be bothered with the rear seats as it means you have to protect them when chucking stuff into them. Stuff falls forward under braking and hits the seat back unless you use seat belt and the 2+0 is much more practical if you never carry dwarf people of any description.  Having said that 3 out of 4 of mine have had them as that is what will help re-sell although I moved my 2+0 on with no hassle 2 years ago.  If you can get a discount and don't have a need for them I'd say go for it. 

Acoustics are no different whatsoever driving them back to back with the same exhaust arrangements fitted (it was swapped).

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023