Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S1 OOM 671 - back on road after 4 years - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S1 OOM 671 - back on road after 4 years

Brainy

Hi there,

I have just bought and re commissioned an S1 from Scott Walker. No history other than and he bought it at an internal auction at Lotus where it had sat for 4 years after being bought for the CEO they then sacked.

I am going to run it for a year and then I think I want to return it to its orignal Bronze colour with brown interior - I know everyone likes white but after 18 owners and no history it would be nice to start again with originality!

Any advice, or history of the car would be gratefully received and if anyone has a Roman Bronze car I would love to see it some time!

post-18754-0-63390000-1429034990.jpg

Edited by Brainy

Welcome to the forum & nice car.

It'll be nice to see when it's in the original bronze, think there's too many white one's out there.

I'd put up the hiding behind the sofa emotion but I'm on my phone & can't do it

:sofa:  (ramjet: fixed :) )

It was owned for a few years by a member on here - maybe 9 years ago? He was an actor, lived in Bourton on the Water, and a bit of a character. He regretted selling it and came back on here a few times over the years looking for it

PS bronze/cream would be a nice idea

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Mathew

Looks nice.  Will you be bringing it to Brooklands on 10th May?  Would be great to see it there.

Thanks Guys. This car has been bounced around a bit so I just think it would be nice to return it to factory spec, plus how many Bronze cars are out there?! 

I like to use my cars so I was out and about in it as soon as I got it - went shopping, took my daughter to swimming and the Wife out to supper (6 months pregnant!). Who spotted me?

I live in SW London so it would not be difficult to make the Brooklands event.

the car still has a good paint on it, and i think white looks very good, but if you want to have it orginal you must change it,

i would like to see the progress, please keep us up to date on the topic project! good luck with it!

• Gold FFM

If the white is fine, then maybe leave it as it is for now and have some fun and enjoyment, then look into changes. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

SERIAL NUMBER ENGINE NUMBER GEARBOX ORIGNAL COLOR BUILT

0326G                 CC7780114580     5                Bronze                  08/02/1978

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Matt,

I am in the midst of restoring a Roman Bronze S1, I have a blog in the restoration section. Although its not been updated in awhile there are some pictures of it.  I went to a lot of effort to get the correct color.  If you have Spies Hecker paints over there I can get you the paint code.  Also, I am duplicating the interior as close as possible to marcasite with the help of Tonyk.

-Mike

Well remembered Mark. Last seen on here in 2006 I think.

Mike, as well as the Lotus certificate of provenance available for a hefty £75, you can also find out all about the previous owners for the princely sum of a fiver from the DVLA who will send you a sheaf of old V5s

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I just discovered that DVLA service - the form you need is a V888 fyi

Get 'em now before they become unaffordable!! Well, okay, they're almost unaffordable now but they will only go up in value.

You either need a bit of knowledge or deep pockets, either will suffice :)

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

It was me who spotted your car at the weekend at the leisure centre. I was working on the Boat Race and was parked in the same car park as you . I very nearly drove to work in my S1 so there could have been two in the car park together. Wish I had now.

Phil

Matt,

I am in the midst of restoring a Roman Bronze S1, I have a blog in the restoration section. Although its not been updated in awhile there are some pictures of it.  I went to a lot of effort to get the correct color.  If you have Spies Hecker paints over there I can get you the paint code.  Also, I am duplicating the interior as close as possible to marcasite with the help of Tonyk.

-Mike

Mike - I have started a few conversations with the trimmers and paint shop about the project which I am going to start next year in April. I will PM you so we can have a chat offline as I would be delighted to hear how you are getting on.

Matthew

post-18754-0-57550600-1429242953.jpg

It was me who spotted your car at the weekend at the leisure centre. I was working on the Boat Race and was parked in the same car park as you . I very nearly drove to work in my S1 so there could have been two in the car park together. Wish I had now.

Phil

Excellent - it was the first trip for my 20 month daughter who loved the noise and being able to look at the window sat next to Daddy.  I don't know who was more excited!

• Like 2

attachicon.gifIMG_1810.jpg

Excellent - it was the first trip for my 20 month daughter who loved the noise and being able to look at the window sat next to Daddy.  I don't know who was more excited!

Nice picture. My three year old princess love's rides with Esprit as well. She have been asking lately " daddy when we gone have ride with my red Lotus".

Its been quite cold here in Finland, but I promised that next sunday is going to be first ride of the year.

• 2 months later...