Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Race for life.... - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Race for life....

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Anything that has got Bibs running further than the pub has got to be worth a donation.

Good luck Laura and mum

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

Thank-you very much David and the Thwaites family.

We have absolutely smashed our target and this is mainly down the generosity of TLF members, thanks to everyone that has donated so far and there's a month left for anyone who hasn't yet!

So how many have been "visited" Bibs, as per the first post?  :vava:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's the big day this Sunday, I know I'm in the minority but I'm just praying for the weather to cool down.

As much as I'd like to make some kind of witty remark about him holding me back or something I just can't. 9 weeks ago I'd never have imagined we'd come this far, our first run consisted of 8 x 1 minute runs with 1 minute of walking in between and I thought I was going to die at the end of it! Now we're running 30-40 minutes, 3 times a week and increasing our speed/distance every time. Bibs has literally done every step with me and kept me motivated the whole way through.

I'm well aware that 5k isn't the longest distance ever run but it's been a huge challenge for us and I'm really proud of us both for getting this far and for the money raised so far.

• Like 1

We're actually both enjoying it more than ever expected and enjoying the challenge of pushing ourselves further on every run. I'd highly recommend the 'Couch to 5k' plan to anyone, it's been a great way to get into running. 

A huge thanks to all the TLF'ers who've sponsored Laura too, she's raised a lot of money for a most excellent cause and meant that we've not been able to give in, it's been very inspiring. Thank you :thumbsup:

PS It's not too late to donate either :D

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

9 weeks ago I'd never have imagined we'd come this far, our first run consisted of 8 x 1 minute runs with 1 minute of walking in between and I thought I was going to die at the end of it! Now we're running 30-40 minutes, 3 times a week and increasing our speed/distance every time.

That is fantastic progress in such a short space of time. :)

Yes! Thanks for remembering! Pictures to follow but we're all done and feeling very proud!

Thankfully the weather was on our side and it wasn't too hot, I think we would've ended up walking the whole thing if it were as hot and sunny as yesterday.

Managed to get round in 45 minutes which we were quite pleased with given the uphill walks we ended up doing, they were much steeper than expected!

Thanks to everyone that donated so generously so far, it's not too late if you still want to donate a couple of quid to this worthy cause.

Jog on cancer!

251% of target!  Great result. :thumbsup:   Great figure raised.  Rather you than me.  :unworthy:.  I was sent a reminder yesterday to say that you were up for the challenge today so was looking out for your time.  I hope tomorrow is pain free  :ice:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Well done, you two.....outstanding effort!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Laura and her Mum raised a huge £637.94 for Cancer Research UK today. The result of a lot of hard work and determination from them both. The total raised by today's race was £490k! :thumbsup:

post-1-0-12815500-1436729346.jpg

post-1-0-14561400-1436729358.jpg

post-1-0-44697000-1436729396.jpg

post-1-0-31005000-1436729400.jpg

post-1-0-48567400-1436729418.jpg

post-1-0-87156000-1436729457.jpg

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Nice!  Lovely to read.

Hope you keep up with the running just for fun. 

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Thanks Mike, that's the plan (although I've had the week 'off').

Whilst I may not have been bitten by the running bug as such I've seen the benefits in my health and I'm aiming now to work up my pace then start to increase distance and make running part of our weekly routine.