Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How long have you owned your Esprit? - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How long have you owned your Esprit?

GordonMasson

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an s2 from 1988 to 1991

s3 from 2001 to 2003

Stevens from 2005 to present

between these have had 2 porsche

2 Marcos

2 Toyota supras

1 lotus excel

1 lotus elan se, these never last that long as i start suffering

from massive withdrawal symptoms from not having an esprit

I bought my S2 in 2003 - first Lotus I have ever owned.

Iain

Crap, I feel like an old geezer then, lots of 20 somethings. I bought my REXy at 25, bought the Esprit last December at 34. Owned her a little over a year now and overhauled most of the car already!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Crap, I feel like an old geezer then, lots of 20 somethings. I bought my REXy at 25, bought the Esprit last December at 34. Owned her a little over a year now and overhauled most of the car already!

Artie

To put you at ease Art, I am 43 :)

...the Esprit is the only car I own that's younger than me :)

(by one year)

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Bought my SE new in 1990, sold her in 2002 as a restoration project I couldn't afford to do at the time, bought her back this year and am wading through completing the restoration.

Skint again, but happy...

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

wow, 23 seems to be a popular number on here!

i got mine april of this year and im currently 23 years old

shade

Now there is a thing .... i bought my car the same year you were born !!!!! :)

Lionel (yes it has a name I'm afraid!) will be 21 on Jan 1st and I've owned him since he was 4......which is obviously a long time, but still some way behind 23 years! Well done Gordon, but if you crack first I might still catch you up.... <_<

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Feb 1st 2005, nearly 2 years now

got it for my 40th birthday (well 6 months after) <_<

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

wow, 23 seems to be a popular number on here!

i got mine april of this year and im currently 23 years old

shade

<_< I bought mine for my 24th birthday on Jan 2006

Edited by gmendoza

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

Lionel (yes it has a name I'm afraid!) will be 21 on Jan 1st and I've owned him since he was 4......which is obviously a long time, but still some way behind 23 years! Well done Gordon, but if you crack first I might still catch you up.... <_<

No chance of that Mike .... 0100G and i are joined at the hip and my son Fraser has been promised the car when he is old enough to look after it .... on the understanding that he passes it on to his kids when the time comes :P

But 17 years is the best so far ... im really surprised there are no S1 owners from new out there ??????

Bought my S2 in July 2004 when I was 51. I don't think it was a mid-life crisis. Too old for that. I was just in need of a Lotus having sold my Elan +2 in the early 80's.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Come on guys , i surely cant be the only 20+ years owner on here???????

I'm close at 19 years...bought mine used with 12K miles in 1987, I now have 47K miles on my car... :blink:

keeps my foot and ears happy...web page below has WAV file of a standing 1Km

http://www.smallscalerailway.com/lotus%20esprit%20sound.htm

Edited by 1984_lotus_esprit

hI all S1 owners(see Paul Godfrey,s Esprit on Guigiaro owners page) .I have had my S1 since 1984 when I was 21 ,it will hit 100,000 miles early next year. I have coverd over70,000 miles and I still have no hearing problems I am usually the only white S1 at the Lotus shows,I always look forward to a chat see you next year.Happy Lotus Christmas.Paul Godfrey.

Edited by espritmania

50 years was my age when I did buy my SE; now I am 63 and did not regret the purchase since then even a minute; I drove it (once) in the early evening with 255 kmh. :P on a 120 kmh. limited motorway (first checking in both directions if there was no mobile radar-speedcontrol :blink: );...................... still in love :) with this car........................

Here my story from the Netherlands:

Together with 3 other new LH-driven units (red, black and grey) my steel-blue Turbo SE was imported to the Netherlands 1990 in one lot by the official distributor those days; "Lotus Import Nederland BV", a subsidiary of the famous Dutch automotive distributor "Kroymans" (Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Saab, etc.)

The official listprice (incl. taxes) in 1990 was Hfl 257.000,- (excl. delivery cost), beeing an equivalent (with the 1990 exchange rate of the GBP) of 79.300,- pounds. :) (due to very high tax-level)

After 3 years driving with a total of 25.000 km's it was traded in at "Kroymans" by the first owner.

I became the second owner after a couple of weeks of negotiation and payed in 1993 Hfl 90.000,- (Euro 40.900,-) for this car (35% of the original list price).

The 3 years of ownership of the first owner were very costly for him; approx. 52.000,- pounds (solely for the depreciation costs). Compared to the distance of 25.000 km (15.625 miles) it is over 3 pounds per mile !!! :o

With this example you can see again how expensive it is to own an exotic car in the Netherlands.

Since my purchase in 1993 I have driven only 21.000 km's, which is 1.600 km's per year; this is not much. However since 2 years I am redundant and have the time now to drive this fantastic car more frequently.

The running costs so far only consist of gasoline, insurance, road tax, the (few) regular service costs, etc. and one set of new tires.

The only major repair (by the present importer/distributor "Van der Kooi") was a new turbo after I blowed it up during "duelling" with some other exotic car :P (shame).

It is parked in my garage :( and permanently connected with a batterycharger/conditioner.

It was a heavy decision for me 13 years ago to spent so much money for a single car, however (as expected) I did not regret it since then even a minute.

The car is still in its original condition and looks "nearly new".

Not any modification was made and I intend to maintain this.

Best regards,

Ruud

hI all S1 owners(see Paul Godfrey,s Esprit on Guigiaro owners page) .I have had my S1 since 1984 when I was 21 ,it will hit 100,000 miles early next year. I have coverd over70,000 miles and I still have no hearing problems I am usually the only white S1 at the Lotus shows,I always look forward to a chat see you next year.Happy Lotus Christmas.Paul Godfrey.

Wow! That interior looks like it just left the factory! What year is your car?

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass