Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Planning consultant - Page 10 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Planning consultant

Barrykearley

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Appeal dismissed - so that’s a shame.

there were 4 items considered.

noise, highways access, PPG ( development in open countryside ) and previous works.

So on the surface it’s a bad outcome - however - after a long chat with my planning advisor today - it would appear it’s actually a really good outcome.

noise, highways access and PPG issues - the appeals inspector has sided with ourselves and dismissed the councils objections. This merely leaves the previous works to deal with.  This basically means the LPA cannot use these as reasons for refusal again.

the previous works relates to one building only - so it leaves the path now clear for the other buildings. We are getting the works they are concerned about documented from the LPA - and we have another refusal which we will work on alongside a nice new application.

Frustrating - but it’ll be worth it in the end 

• Like 2

Only here once

• 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM

So as an update - another application was made late last year which was again refused. Interestingly they reused some refusal points from the previous decision which had been dismissed by the appeal.

It’s now sat again at appeal - this time with a claim for costs. The LPAs response to the costs claim is shocking. Let’s see what occurs this time round.

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Some good news today - the planning inspectorate has mandated that the application does not need an Environmental impact Assessment. This looks like it will read across to any future application as well. We are in an area where there’s been some real issues with pollution in the River Lugg - and in Herefordshire that’s stopped thousands of applications.

• Like 1

Only here once

• 5 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Planning inspector date now booked. Fingers crossed this time. 
The LPA in their written representation have lied on multiple counts this time - all of which we can prove and nail down. If there’s any justice we will get the costs award on this now.

How it’s even possible to have planning consent to do something and then have it effectively removed a couple of years later is simply beyond me. 

F58A1EC1-8784-4CEE-9CC0-7E53AC618827.jpeg.ecc0fa6178ea9a42f2131443045cab49.jpeg

this is probably the one that makes me chuckle the most. Image from early 2020 apparently. It’s most definitely not - there’s a clue to that with the esprit sitting there. The image is mid 2019. 

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2021 at 07:12, Barrykearley said:

Image from early 2020 apparently. It’s most definitely not

When I first looked at the pic for an instant I thought you lived next to a railway,  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Covid has brought us some real balance. Sadly my car fund has now gone - but we are completely debt free in every regard.

My final rental property in Gloucester is now listed for sale and the online auction starts on 23/06 to 07/07. We had a half decent offer today which might be proceeding to a deal. 

The new application for the site at home will be going in shortly - so - it maybe that we will progress these very soon - or we purchase a property in Exeter for Daisy to use while at uni in the short term.

Danny’s first car arrives tomorrow which was purchased last weekend after we witnessed an absolutely horrific accident with a Micra and a lorry - how the truck missed us I’ve no idea. The Micra is in the hedge in front of my van - it was a mess and the chap is still in a coma 😥 - the two kids and I were very lucky that day - as was the lorry driver.B3CD948D-E13A-4E7C-A8B6-9CC330F6B80D.thumb.jpeg.1a66ca82b9f69a868aae6a064e7eaa13.jpeg

onwards and upwards though. All in all I’m feeling very relaxed and content with life 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Confirmed this morning - funds have cleared. Day 1 is today. Has to be complete within 20 business days 👍

• Like 2

Only here once

• 2 months later...

Good luck, I look forward to finding out the initial determination, which should be some time around June :(.

Why the revised/multiple applications though?

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

It’s been an uphill battle. We had outline consent in place but time limited with a huge swath of conditions to discharge which were impossible in the 7-8months of timeframe given. New class Q had to go in to reinstate the fall back position which the LPA refused twice and lied massively to the appeals inspector on the first application - this only became apparent after the appeal decision. Anyway second appeal succeeded and now it’s just a waiting game.

• Like 2

Only here once

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

New application submitted 03/09/21 and validated 24/09/21.

Consultation started 05/10/21 - with a target decision of 19/11/21 - as yet the case has still yet to be allocated to a planning officer. From casual chats I’ve had with some folks in the know - it would seem that Herefordshire are shipping out en-mass planning case loads to Telford council to deal with. It’s gonna be a very interesting wait.

• Like 1

Only here once

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Well there’s the target determination date come and gone. Still yet to have a case officer allocated.

Just the wait now until the clock runs out and it’s off for a non determination appeal and another costs award.

• Like 2

Only here once

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Still no progress - still no case officer allocated. 
Consultant about to write a letter giving them 7 days to provide a timeline or it’s off to appeal for non determination and a costs award. They really are out of order here and have no case whatsoever.

Only here once

I feel your pain, but fortunately am done with the process now as I'm happy to report that I got my Completion Certificate from B. Regs last week. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

So today - the LPA planner has emailed requesting modifications to the plans and an extension into April - basically another full 12 week add on.

We have had outline granted on a scheme that is basically 1.5 story properties. Initially on that plan they were full 2 story buildings - at his request - amended to 1.5 story. Now he wants single story instead of 1.5 story. God I’ve just about had enough.

Only here once

Can you not reject the "request" for modification and the extension to the timeline? I mean, it seems like they can just take the piss basically.

It would seem incompetence knows no bounds.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

So it's not a request then is it. It's a demand.

I know all the old jokes about Planners getting a brown envelope, but can't help but think that if the bath plugs had just got knee capped in the past then maybe the ones we had now would at least be useful! :)  (P.s. Barry, no, that is not me requesting you to do something, nor am I demanding it!   hahahaha)

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

So - new habitat survey now booked. Drainage test holes being dug tomorrow if all goes well. Along with a few new reports to bury the planners with. 

this is all so bloody tedious.

Only here once

• 5 weeks later...

Our local planning office is the first one in the country to be put into special measures.

https://www.saffronwaldenreporter.co.uk/news/housing/uttlesford-council-stripped-of-planning-power-8677470

• Love 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong