Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
If you love your dogs... - Page 13 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

If you love your dogs...

Loose Cannon

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Totally agree. My council removed the "dog poo bins" from a significant part of my riverside walk, and as a consequence the amount of dog shite and shite in bags on the walk has increased. I know there are responsible dog owners, just like there are responsible drivers and responsible gun owners!

So the council are not helping, but I have to ask dog owners, what is your logic in cleaning up the shit, putting it in a bag, and then leaving it on the road, trail etc? Surely by keeping the bag in your hand it will at least keep your hand warm 😵

I was out yesterday and part of my walk was in a park. Sunday morning. Coming toward me across the grass was a group of about 10 people with 10-14 dogs between them. None of them were on a lead. Dogs were running around everywhere, and the "dog group" of owners were busy chatting to themselves. I had two dogs, a lab and small wee yappy little shitey dog, bounding around my legs. I kicked out and caught the lab which yelped and I got a comment from the owner. The blue touch paper had been lit and I was the one who needed to be on a leash as I felt like tearing the dog owners head off his neck!

I don't like dogs. I can appreciate other people do. All I ask is that dog owners keep their dogs on a leash and under control so I don't have to interact with, or deal, with their animal. It seems that some dog owners think everyone else loves dogs and is comfortable around them. They're just arseholes who shouldn't be allowed to have a dog. In my humble opinion.

My wife in the past two months has had two different dogs jump up at her and cover her in mud. Why should she have to put up with that? And why, when she has confronted the owners are they amazed that someone is pissed off about it?

If I could I'd carry two Tasers quite happily. One for the dog and one for the owner.

Couldn't have written it better myself. Just read this out to my wife and she actually said did I write this 🤣

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This was around Christmas I think. She's not perfect but knowing the level of recall and direction we have has made her walks more fun for both of us.   She will work closer (10 meter max) once we are closer back towards the village. This was via gundog training even though we don't intend taking her on a shoot.  We also keep training aspects going through out the day and week, as she's a working breed the mental stimulation is as if not more important than straight exercise.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My neighbour and friend is a Gamekeeper. He is renowned for the working dogs he breeds and how well trained they are. A lot go for pets.

But my issue is not with the well trained dog, nor the well behaved owner. Although sadly, they do seem to be in the minority.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

An XL Bully dog owner. Typical for the breed?

After being quoted as saying "nobody tells me what to do with my dogs", his dogs went on to maul a 69 year old grandmother to death. 

His arrest seemingly brought him to tears and he now accepts the breed should be wiped out. Hmmm. Just the breed?

Rapper Ashley Warren has admitted he's 'learnt the hard way' as he rallied his support behind the ban of XL Bully's

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

10 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

An XL Bully dog owner. Typical for the breed?

After being quoted as saying "nobody tells me what to do with my dogs", his dogs went on to maul a 69 year old grandmother to death. 

His arrest seemingly brought him to tears and he now accepts the breed should be wiped out. Hmmm. Just the breed?

Rapper Ashley Warren has admitted he's 'learnt the hard way' as he rallied his support behind the ban of XL Bully's

The courts need to make an example of this guy and give the max possible sentence and not just a slap on the wrist.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Totally agree.

The small print.

I'd say the world would be better off if we wipe out owners like that instead of a certain dog breed. Otherwise they'll just go after the next fad and animals will keep paying the price.

To get back on topic, and inline with previous posts, this is the Kangal I mentioned earlier. Yes, that couch comfortably seats 4 adults. 🙂

image.jpeg

I briefly met her today and she was disappointed I had only one biscuit in my pocket. She's very good at the 'sad puppy dog look', no doubt because of plenty of practice.

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I think we are on topic @Escape, as if you love your dog, and therefore treat it correctly, and respect other people, then you, your dog, and other people will all have a less stressful, and happier, life.

• Like 1

The small print.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-68235429

Tavistock: Dog attack on Dartmoor farm kills 45 sheep.

Sheep were chased over three fields in a bloody rampage which left 21 ewes and 24 lambs dead and many more injured

Hope the farmer finds whose dog(s) this was and shoots them and the owner.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately this is not uncommon up here on Dartmoor. I have regularly had 'discussions' with dog walkers on our land (we have a footpath over our winter grazing area) with dogs running loose next to our cattle.

Responses have been varied but never 'oh yes I will put my dog on the lead'. Responses have included -

1. Oh my dog wouldn't do anything like that.
  2. My dog only has to be under close control and it's OK - as it's running around our field jumping up at me. (Nearly lost it with that one).
  3. And the best one - Oh I grew up on a farm, they will be OK. 

We have had new born calves killed and taken by dogs. We are the only farm locally that has not fenced in the footpaths but it's getting to the time we will have to do it.

And guess what happens when the cows react to stupid walkers and the their dogs - the Farmer gets the blame.

I am not anti dogs - we have 7 big dogs which was one of the reasons for buying the farm all them years ago.

Unfortunately, the level of dipshittedness and general entitlement in the UK has gone through the roof. The pandemic seems to be the excuse for just atrocious behaviour these days.

It's never "their" fault. It's always someone elses fault.

Personally, I'd be walking those fields with a shotgun, and I'd shoot any dog not on a lead where I had livestock.

I'm sorry PC Plod, but the dog was worrying the sheep, cows, lama's whatever and I had to do something to protect those animals and my livelihood.

Screw the entitled owner, as they'd find it hard to prove their dog wasn't worrying anything!

As for fencing it in, I'd do that, and then divert one of my drainage trenches to make that fenced in path a sodden mess.

Probably a good job I am not a land owner, as I'd be in Wormwood Scrubs for sure by now.

A recent example, I was working in my garage and a bloke just appeared, and walked between my parked cars with ladder over his shoulder, across my "border" with my neighbour, straight across my garden and then proceeded to head off down my long drive. "What The Fook are you doing I shouted" closely followed with "who the fook are you".  Transpires he was the neighbours window cleaner who couldn't be arsed to walk down my neighbours drive and around my property so decided to just detour straight across mine.

I told him to "fook right off" and "get lost" and he apparently took exception to me shouting at him and he demanded I apologise. I told him "OK you cheeky little C@@t, I'll apologise for shouting at you, if you apologise first for being a lazy c@@t and trespassing across my garden".  He didn't like that so I just told him to "f~~K off" and pushed him and his ladder back through the hedge opening.

Now granted, my reaction might have been a tad over the top, but when he burst through it did actually give me quite a shock as I was up a ladder at the time.

My wife did come out to see what the commotion was and why I was shouting. She then told me she was sat in the garden the previous month having a cup of tea in the sun when the guy had done the same thing then. She said it had unnerved her (we live in a very rural village, not looked over at all, and my plot is about 0.5 acre) but she didn't want to make a fuss, but had told him not to do it again!

I hate entitled little lazy fookers!!! Good job Plod hasn't given me a gun licence! 

The small print.

33 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

A blood pressure monitor might be more useful.

Yes, agreed. As you can tell I was really riled. There was a bit more history to this guys behaviour over time...

The dogs that killed the grandmother have been confirmed as the XL Bully breed. I have no idea why people who love dogs would want to own such a breed that has, as far as I know, been bred for aggression.

• Like 1

The small print.

23 hours ago, C8RKH said:

As for fencing it in, I'd do that, and then divert one of my drainage trenches to make that fenced in path a sodden mess.

I walked miles through the countryside as a kid and I would have hated to walk through in effect an alleyway as I feel you lose the sense openness. Also putting in over 1km of sheep netting, posts and barbed wire is horrendously expensive and would really cause a problem for access to the lower part of the field.

Unfortunately it has gone from the few spoiling it for the many to the many spoiling it for the few.

As an aside the cash strapped Dartmoor National Park is changing over all their styles to wheel chair friendly styles - I hope they are offering wheel chair recovery service as there is no way in hell a wheel chair will get across our field. In some cases I can understand this being a good thing to do but not across active farmland with animals or crops.

• Like 1

This country has just become pathetic to be honest @march.

At some point it would not surprise me if a future government just laid concrete over everything. That way people wouldn't get their cars or boots dirty.

The small print.

What is it with some dog owners :rant:Third time this week some arsehole has let his dog shit at the end of my drive and left it :rant:I've had to clean it up , always early in a morning so next week I'm up on watch. If I catch them not cleaning it up I WILL follow and post it through there letter box ( emptied from a bag) :rant:Rant over.

I happened to see this post on FB, by our very own John Walsh, and thought it fitting to repost here:

image.jpeg

There I lay asleep on the floor,
Then all off a sudden there was a knock on the door.
A man came in holding a lead,
He said I might be a dangerous breed.
Mammy was crying, daddy looked sad,
What had I done?? Had I been bad??
I was taken to kennels, scared and alone,
I didn't know I would never go home.
The man came to get me and we went into a room.
I didn't know it would happen that soon.
The man stroked my head and I wagged my tail.
He said he was sorry, he said he had failed.
The vet walked towards me with a tear in his eye, It wasn't his fault that I had to die.
When will they see its the deed not the breed?
When will they punish the right end off the lead?

A Simple picture speaks a thousands words and I've got fkn none 😭😭😭😭
  • Sad 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

All very good, but at the end of the day a lot of these dogs we are talking about have been specifically bred for aggression.

It's harsh to blame the dog in this instance, but why breed such animals, in the first place, for pets?

So shit breeders + dumbass owners = dead dogs. The harsh reality but I'll not shed a single tear.

• Like 1

The small print.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

All very good, but at the end of the day a lot of these dogs we are talking about have been specifically bred for aggression.

It's harsh to blame the dog in this instance, but why breed such animals, in the first place, for pets?

So shit breeders + dumbass owners = dead dogs. The harsh reality but I'll not shed a single tear.

And I'm sure neither will the families of the people killed or injured by these dogs.

Edited by NAC63
  • Like 1

And the breeders just go on, dumbass owners go to the next 'cool' brand and the dogs keep paying the price. The last line says it all: When will they punish the right end off the lead? 😞

A sports car is built for speed, speed can kill, so we must destroy all sports cars?

15 hours ago, Escape said:

And the breeders just go on, dumbass owners go to the next 'cool' brand

I have no problem with both the breeders and the owners being exterminated. Again, I wouldn't even shed a tear, and at £1.50 per bullet, a cheap solution too!

Hell, I might even offer to pull the trigger for free. :2guns:

The small print.

21 hours ago, C8RKH said:

On the one hand, you cannot blame an animal for being bred for a specific purpose. These dogs just don’t receive proper socialization and training, so they become aggressive

36 minutes ago, Xtora said:

On the one hand, you cannot blame an animal for being bred for a specific purpose. These dogs just don’t receive proper socialization and training, so they become aggressive

So we just sit back and let them kill and mame people! Awe, poor wee doggies.

Sorry, but you just need to stop the breeding of these dogs in the first place and as you cannot trust the owners you need to destroy the dogs, or, not allow them in public places.

• Like 1

The small print.