Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bell & Colvill Turbo... - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bell & Colvill Turbo...

Bibs

Gareth Jones (Portocruz) had one in 2010, looks like he still had it in 2013 - clicky

• 3 months later...

Hi Gareth.

I'm sure that Bibs will be along in a moment, however, in the meantime do you have any pictures?

Also, whereabouts are you?

Chris

I'm near Tunbrdge wells in Kent, I've owned it for 11 years now and it's cost a small fortune to keep running as original with the turbo setup, I haven't seen or heard of another surviving so it very rare as you guys know, sorry Bibs I won't be selling it, even with the amount of pain and torture it puts me through I still love it!,

Funny enough I've never really taken any photos but I will over the weekend as it's the annual pilgrimage to the Goodwood Revival so I'll get some there, let me know your emails so I can send some over, cheers guys

Gareth

Fair enough. If you change your mind I can get a very healthy offer for your car arranged :)

You can post the images on here, no problem.

I'm about 10 miles north of you, just outside of West Malling :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I've just realised I'm guessing your the chap who organises the Lotus Festival at Brands, fantastic weekend by the way, I was planning on bringing the Esprit down but having 2 young boys and they both love Brands I couldn't obviously get them both in the Esprit! Next year though definitely

• 4 months later...

Hi Bibs great to meet you a few weeks ago, you've got me thinking, I never thought I would say this but yes everything is for sale at a price!, it would be good to meet wih the chairman at Bell and Colvill sometime to have a chat and just to see what's on the table, I'll try and make the next meeting for a beer

cheers

Gareth

• Like 1

The yellow speedlines didn't last a day!

It also came with a hideous private numberplate, it took nearly 2 years to trace and prove the original 1978 plate which shows it was bell and colvill's press car 

Have you ever driven an early factory Turbo Esprit for comparison?

I know that the current owner of B&C is a huge Giugiaro Esprit fan, I imagine your car would be his holy grail!

Must admit I havent driven any other lotus, but it would be interesting to see the difference between the factory car, the books and reports from the time always say that the Bell and Colvill  turbo car was more brutal with the delivery of power, she does fly when you get the turbo singing!,

I have a 1981 dry sump Turbo so perhaps we could arrange something. It would be an interesting encounter to write up for here and perhaps the magazine, if you were willing?

Either way hope to see the car at some point during the year. Any plans to bring it to the TLF event at MBW or the Brands festival? 

• Like 1

she spends the winters surrounded by Italian beauty then we get reacquainted in spring, if I'm still the custodian then that sounds a great idea, I've always planned to bring her to TLF but Ive got 2 young petrolheads so it's s bit difficult