Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Indicator audible ticks - Page 5 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Indicator audible ticks

*** STOP PRESS ***

Latest official part numbers for the Exige V6 AUDIBLE Flasher Unit...

A120M0096F (audible) replaces A120M0056F (original fittment)

image.jpeg

Edited by LotusPilot
  • Like 1

*** STOP - STOP PRESS ***

Further update...

I may have been premature in my celebration.  The latest parts listing now seperates the "S" from the "350" variants.  More reading shows that the part numbers I listed above are expressly listed for the Exige 350 - not the Exige S :-(

Apologies for having to update with a seperate post.  The system won't allow me to correct my original posting.

It would, however, be an interesting experiment for someone brave to test the new part in the Exige S.  It might work!

£40 + vat, not in stock and no eta for new stock at the mo. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Gold FFM

It's a lotus chap - £29 plus vat for a stud to mount the turbo on the exhaust - that's for one stud !! Need I say more

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the £6.50 unit from Amazon and works a treat.  Found placing the iPad on the floor showing camera image upwards gave a great view of where the item was.  For reference for the new unit, the side with writing on faces the rear of the dash, for ease of lining up pins. 

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 2 weeks later...

Eventually got round to fitting the flasher unit. Like others I found it easier to use a mirror to locate where it was and then used my left hand while sat forward in the passenger seat to pull the existing unit out and fit the new one in, all by feel. Took about 5 mins from start to finish to swap them over. I took extra care when pulling the existing unit out just in case anything broke.

Works with the warning triangle switch too. You get an extra click when the unit switches off but way better than having no sound at all when the indicators are on.

• 1 month later...
On 11/02/2016 at 12:19, Neal H said:

Thanks. I'll also drop an email to Lotus Silverstone who supplied the car to see what they say. It's booked in for service on 5th March so they can (hopefully) fix it then!

Neil, did you get the heater panel replaced?

Just spent an hour on my LF1 taking the panel apart, put it all back together again and it now works!!!:thumbup:

Glad to hear Neal.

Looks like I have saved Lotus a warranty claim, all working correctly:

heaterpanel.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thread revival time...!

I recently bought a relay for the indicators, as per the advice on this thread, and it is now fitted - took less than 2 minutes thanks to the pictures and guidance on here.  It cost £4 ....

Now, if only someone could find out whether it's possible to fit brighter illumination (LED bulbs maybe) to the early V6 heater/AC and heated seats buttons, particularly to show when they are switched ON, that would be marvellous......

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

I've just installed GRP rear lights and noticed my indicator switching speed has changed and become a lot faster. Someone on Seloc has recommend i change to one these modules as a fix.

Has anyone encoutned a simialr issue and i'm hoping it'll work. This is on a 410.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, nick_exige said:

Hi all,

I've just installed GRP rear lights and noticed my indicator switching speed has changed and become a lot faster. Someone on Seloc has recommend i change to one these modules as a fix.

Has anyone encoutned a simialr issue and i'm hoping it'll work. This is on a 410.

Thanks

This whole thread is about that isn't it?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

5 hours ago, nick_exige said:

I've just installed GRP rear lights and noticed my indicator switching speed has changed and become a lot faster.

AKA hyperflashing. You will need to install some resistors into the circuit. Contact Greg at GRP and he will send you some.

• 1 year later...
  • Gold FFM

Bumping this thread.

This mod works for the Elise S3 as well. I've just made my Elise's indicators clicky instead of silent, thanks to this thread! I bought one of the generic relays from Amazon for £9 and it works a treat. Thanks all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RN81QGH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

On 04/02/2016 at 15:23, alias23 said:

Anyone know if the A/C Heater switches can be swapped over with the 350 Sport part?

Did anyone ever get a definitely answer to this? Replies earlier in the thread suggest the answer is both "yes" and "no". Has anybody actually tried it? It's fairly annoying having to either guess, or remember the state rather than being able to see at a glance!

• 2 months later...