Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Snetterton Track Day anyone? - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Snetterton Track Day anyone?

simonf

There are quite a few evening track days available for June for Snetterton 300.

Is anyone interested?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to an evening session at Snetterton a couple of weeks ago.

Unfortunately, the weather was diabolically bad so I didn't bother hanging around for many laps. However, I'm always up for other run outs (if I'm available).

• 2 months later...

there is a full day at Snetterton with 50 VX220s, 3 or 4 Evora, a few Elise/Exige:

http://www.msvtrackdays.co.uk/vx220

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

there is a full day at Snetterton with 50 VX220s, 3 or 4 Evora, a few Elise/Exige:

http://www.msvtrackdays.co.uk/vx220

I saw your earlier post about that but, unfortunately, I've got to be at work that afternoon. I could be interested if MSV were willing to do a 'morning only' rate but I suspect that is unlikely.

50+ cars also sounds like a lot. Snett is going to be v.busy with that lot!

Nope, it's a 3mile circuit with a max limit of 45 cars in track at any one time.

Bear in mind brands is a 1mile circuit and has a max cars on circuit of 25-35 depending on organiser.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Nope, it's a 3mile circuit with a max limit of 45 cars in track at any one time.

Bear in mind brands is a 1mile circuit and has a max cars on circuit of 25-35 depending on organiser.

I've already got quite a few laps of Snett 300 under my belt (I only live up the road). 45 cars still sounds like a lot!

I've already got quite a few laps of Snett 300 under my belt (I only live up the road). 45 cars still sounds like a lot!

If it's open pitlane I usually just skip the first 15-20mins or so to allow the rest of the pack to have their fun, and then I go out as they start to come back in for a rest. Depending how much traffic I'm after, I just move my sessions in or out of phase with the majority of cars.

I don't know.

Don't think they share the list.

The above is from a sign up list on vx220.org.uk forums

I'm thinking of going along to the evening session at Snetterton on Tuesday 25th August. Fancy it, Simon? £79

Just to update this but it looks like there will be a front coming through on Tuesday so that will mean plenty of rain. I'm going to put my plans on hold for the time being (unless the forecast improves dramatically).

The next evening trackday that I've got my eye on is Tuesday 8th September.