Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuses - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuses

Viper

Question

Anyone got a list of what fuse does what on an S2...specifically fans...but a complete run down would be good

Handbook is about as useful as a handbrake on a canoe 

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

9 answers to this question

• Gold FFM

Mines as bad - my esprit s is neither a carb turbo so an se turbo........

If only I could get a real wiring diagram

Only here once

The factory service manuals cost a fair bit ( £100 from memory ) but they are worth it   you a keeping it for  some time. 

Unit 1

1.headlamp lift motors

2.headlamp full beam

3.right hand sidelights and panel illumination

4.left hand side

Unit 2

5. engine cooling fans

6. heater motor, indicator flasher and reversing light

7. horn and hazard flasher

8. heater rear screen

all fuses are 35A

further;

Giorgio did a fantastic job on making a coloured wiring diagram for a S2 S3

look here;

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/64437-electrical-gremlins-on-s2/?p=501119

Geert

Edited by gvy

Some of the fuse listings in the manuals are misleading because only the controlling circuit is fused not the actual item. Specifically the fans, the actual fans are not fed from any fuse in the fuse box but the controlling circuit with the Otter switch is. Also headlamps, there is no fuse for the lamps themselves but the relays for the lamps are fused.

There are some dodgy areas in the wiring on these cars, for example the unfused headlamp current is also used for controlling the motors so it passes through each motor, via its internal switches. Its a burned wiring harness waiting to happen.

• Gold FFM

OK, so what fuse covers the fog warning lights. Mine dont work, the switch does not illuminate. I have checked all the bulbs and they are fine. Bare in mine, electrical issues are like white magic to me so a simple description of where to find a relay, fuse would be great.

Forgot to mention, it's an 81 S3 N/A.