Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Barge boards - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

They are also available from HK Fever and look great unpainted and are obviously very light as no thickness to them unlike the GRP ones.  (not that for a minute I'm suggesting weight means anything for these things. Just an observation) I don't remember the price but it was the way I was thinking of going along with some other bits if I'm ordering anyway.  I acquired a set of his A pillar covers that somebody else on here imported and did n't eventually want and was very pleased. 

He may wish to post up the bits he got and the price breakdown delivered. Brace yourselves if he does!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

So here's a few pics of the side scoops I picked up, first is how they came, I then sanded all the rough edges down applied some fine filler then primed ready for paint and clear coat.

will hopefully have them fitted Saturday 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank goodness were back on topic! My pet hate is when someone hijacks the topic and then others continue to drag it on. Back to the barge boards. I hope you like them, I got mine from Fraser and they are  excellent. Easy to fit and a very professional product. They do help to keep all the road crap off the lower doors and sills and I think they add to the looks of the car.

Thank goodness were back on topic! My pet hate is when someone hijacks the topic and then others continue to drag it on. Back to the barge boards. I hope you like them, I got mine from Fraser and they are  excellent. Easy to fit and a very professional product. They do help to keep all the road crap off the lower doors and sills and I think they add to the looks of the car.

i find mine to be a dust and dirt magnet to be honest, and being black they are a bitch to keep clean. But I do think they look great though and are worth it.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

i find mine to be a dust and dirt magnet to be honest, and being black they are a bitch to keep clean. But I do think they look great though and are worth it.

In my case the whole Car is black so it doesn't make much difference :lol:

6-7 informative posts that are somewhat related to the OP is hardly derailing, especially as there weren't any new posts for a week. 

Stefan - how come you went for the Lotus officials?

• Like 1

Im still undecided about these........

I quite like the look....but some folks seem to curse them for collecting dirt and stuff.......

also I dont want to keep banging them on the way in and out of the car....

I guess Im just going to have to find a car with them and try them out.....and in...:)

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Im still undecided about these........

I quite like the look....but some folks seem to curse them for collecting dirt and stuff.......

also I dont want to keep banging them on the way in and out of the car....

I guess Im just going to have to find a car with them and try them out.....and in...:)

never had an issue getting in or out of the Evora with my bargeboards and I'm  a fat bastard as opposed to a lythe gymnast.

Yes, I've complained re the dirt but that is just like any black bit on your car, below the waistline of the car they show up the dirt and grime etc. a lot.

They do though look great, so don't be put off, just go in knowing you need to clean them!  :)

Edited by C8RKH

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'll second Andy's view here. 

Of all my modifications, they're by far one of the best. They stop a fair chunk of dirt, finish off the car asthetically (more than any other mod might or might not do) and dont impede ingress or egress. The dirt side of thing is just as Andy described - because they're black and flat, they show up more than other parts of the bodywork. But it also protects the bodywork as you have less stone chips etc flying up. Horses for courses - in my view it's like putting a frame round a painting. It might not come with one, but it certainly makes it look better :D

• Like 1

Stefan - how come you went for the Lotus officials?

First of all I do prefer original parts as they tend to fit and look better than some 3rd party items. Secondly I haven't really found any alternatives apart from the CF ones out of Hong Kong. But they get rather pricy with p&p, customs and VAT.

• 6 months later...

Barge boards fitted - finally. A bit scary drilling through the sills given that there are some pipes running there. Looks good once they are fitted. I will probably look at least 10 sec faster in the paddock :P

IMG_2959.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

They look cool. I have a set but I have to admit they are a bloody dirt/mud magnet!

TBD's front splitter mod looks great with them too...

The small print.

Still can't make my mind up about the barge boards. I agree they look good but the practicality aspect does bug me<_<, particularly the thought that they will hold all the crap that normally runs down the doors.

I also have a set of the TBD splitter still sat in the garage still waiting to decide about fitting them

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, PaulCP said:

.......I also have a set of the TBD splitter still sat in the garage still waiting to decide about fitting them.

Reading that makes me feel a whole lot better, Paul. Now I know I'm not the only 'slouch' when it comes to having that splitter sitting on a shelf in the garage instead of gracing the front lip of the car, :P .

8 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

Reading that makes me feel a whole lot better, Paul. Now I know I'm not the only 'slouch' when it comes to having that splitter sitting on a shelf in the garage instead of gracing the front lip of the car, :P .

Slouch! :angry:, I prefer the word sensible since working on the car during the winter is not my idea of enjoyment :P

Now here's an idea, I'd like to see them on a blue car so hurry up and get yours fitted. You could then post a picture so I can make my mind up :thumbup:

IIRC Stuno said that Hangar111 charged him £40 for fitting so, since they are just 15 minutes drive away for me maybe I should take it there rather than laying on my back in a cold garage.

Here you go ;)  Nolt quite the same but very close in looks:

Chris2.jpg

Chris1.jpg

Chris3.jpg

Chris8.jpg

The small print.

18 hours ago, C8RKH said:

They look cool. I have a set but I have to admit they are a bloody dirt/mud magnet!

Yes, I have a set of those fitted since earlier. About to get them painted for this season.

Since I struggled a bit with fitting the jack nuts for the splitter I got myself a proper tool for the barge boards. One similar to this (plaster plug tool):

8499G_P.jpg

On 3/26/2016 at 22:24, C8RKH said:

Anyone got a link to this front splitter mod, interested in costs, etc?

Thanks in advance.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

Everything you need is in here Dale. From memory Eur260 fully delivered but i think Thomas (@TBD) makes them in bunches of 5 when he has enough interest.

The small print.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody bought the aluminium barge boards recently? I sent a message to the contact on the playground but no luck so far. I hope he still makes them.

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, FSzalay said:

Has anybody bought the aluminium barge boards recently? I sent a message to the contact on the playground but no luck so far. I hope he still makes them.

This place makes them now too :http://www.sa-motorsport.co.uk/ . I got mine from Fraser but I've seen the ones Steve Adkins makes and they look the business - he made my rear diffuser and I'm delighted with the quality of that. He was charging about £100 the pair for the barge boards including postage within the UK, but obviously it might be a little bit more in getting them to you as climbing over an Alp or 2 is involved, :P.

Here's his Facebook page :https://www.facebook.com/safabmspt/?fref=ts . If you scroll down the page (past my Evora having the diffuser fitted) to the 16th of April this year, then further back to 28th August last year, you'll see some pics of his boards.

I'm expecting a set of the ones from Steve this week so will be able to comment on the quality once I receive & trial fit them.