Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dellorto Carb Spacers - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dellorto Carb Spacers

eeyoreish

Bit of a puzzler...

I removed my carbs at the weekend to refurb them and noticed that I don't have the thick alloy spacer plate and large O rings that are shown in the parts manual between the carbs and inlet manifold. What I have instead are thinner stamped metal 'Misab' plates with a rubber ring moulded around the inlet hole.

One of the seals is perished so I need to replace these but the O rings I'd bought ready for the job aren't suitable without the correct plates. I'm assuming that for some reason the original parts were replaced by the PO.

Anyway, now I need to decide what to do next...

Are the 'correct' spacers important regarding proper running or are the Misab plates a satisfactory replacement? I can't find a detail photo of the thicker spacers online so I don't know if they have any important tapers or features around the inlet that affect the fuel induction??

I can buy new Misab plates easily but I can't find the original, thicker Lotus parts listed anywhere. Even SJ don't have them!

I'm aware that the carbs need to be mounted 'flexibly' and I have the correct rubber springs & washers so I just need to know what to do regarding these spacers...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spacers are more than simple carriers for the O rings 2gxju6g.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic.

So what significance do these have on correct running? Am I missing something important by having just the Misab rings?

The inner flange was put there to improve emissions, it can be removed on a lathe quite easily with no adverse effect & will improve airflow, & therefore performance, slightly. :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

The inner flange was put there to improve emissions, it can be removed on a lathe quite easily with no adverse effect & will improve airflow, & therefore performance, slightly. :thumbup:

Thanks John. So can I safely assume then that using the slightly thinner Misab plates won't cause me any issues?

Slightly miffed that I'm missing some original parts but as long as I'm not adversely affecting the performance by fitting them I'll settle for these thinner (and more widely available) plates.

I doubt if you'd notice any difference out on the road, but as they restrict the air flow their removal would increase it. :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W