Bibs

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done.

At least yours seems to have ben planned, mine (after 14 years with the same firm) was during a 2 week holiday.

It went something like this.

AC You know I'm on holidays for the rest of this fortnight.

You know I'm due back ........

Well I will not be coming back.

HR But you are contractually obliged to give at least 4 weeks notice.

AC Yes, or else you deduct the equivalent money from the final salary payemtn you are due to make.

HR That's right, you could end up having to pay us to leave.

AC I've already done the maths, salary plus holiday due more than covers it, I'll drop the stuff in to you in a few days.

I tend to refer to that as my one moment of sanity.

Good luck with the new venture.

Andy

Congrats on the big move Bibs.

A number of my friends who have gone self-employed and set up their own consultancy choose to do some part time work with a consultancy firm to keep the bread coming in, while their client list built up - sort of middle ground.

It keeps your face in the industry on their time while you meet lots of new clients.

I loved Wayne's comment about the government - it is true we pay late (30 days supposed to be), and we often delay with stupid-people questions - but the golden egg is we have no idea how much things cost and all the money in the world to spend :D - clean us up!

All the best,

Iain

After 6 years and 3 months at my current company and 14 years full time employment I've just resigned!

Wish me luck!

Many have said about Balls...agree....mine are some what light weight these days...not fit for much..even worse work wise..keep your chin up Kiddo..think 2007 will be good for all Lotus car nuts like us old and new...Go to it .....Rob C

damfast35nut@talktalk.net or 07976 609881

• Gold FFM

Hope it all works out for you mate. I've just started my 5th year self employed and zero regrets. When you are working for yourself you will reep the rewards of all your hard work yourself instead of lineing your employers pockets.

I found the first two years the hardest, as you grow the Buisness at a sensible rate you are able to cope with. Its hard work but anything thats worth working for usially is. Think I had 7 days holiday the 1st year and worked a six day week. Like someone else said, good Accountants are invaluable.

Wish you all the best mate and hope it all goes according to plan.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Well it sounds like someone kept their New Year's resolution. Nice to see that your old company helped you out so to speak.

My brother has been his own boss for may years and has had a few ups and downs but during his downs he stil seemed to be better off than me. It takes a certain personality to do it, though. Someone who is prepared to gamble and is confident that something will turn up.

Good luck, Bibmeister.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Hope it all works out for you mate. I've just started my 5th year self employed and zero regrets. When you are working for yourself you will reep the rewards of all your hard work yourself instead of lineing your employers pockets.

I found the first two years the hardest, as you grow the Buisness at a sensible rate you are able to cope with. Its hard work but anything thats worth working for usially is. Think I had 7 days holiday the 1st year and worked a six day week. Like someone else said, good Accountants are invaluable.

Wish you all the best mate and hope it all goes according to plan.

What do you do Ian?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Not sure how I managed to miss this one, but better late than never I s'pose :rolleyes:

Based solely on your personality and achievements with the creation of this forum - bringing people together to make it what it is today - there can be little doubt that your new venture will be anything other than a great success.

Good on yer dude :lol:

James

• 1 month later...

I echo that sentiment! Well done mate.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

top ho what old boy!

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Guest Troy Halliday
Bang, made my first placement today after being in business for 5 weeks :(:cry::lol::P:(:D :D [i have to dedicate it to Kimbers who has tutored me and told me everything I need to know]

...... and then he spent it all on a trip to Bluewater :(

Hey maybe you can afford a car that runs now! :huh: And a paintjob! :P And Carpets :cry: and an Engine..... :lol: I'll shut up before I'm censored!

Work for me. The profession can be gleaned from my wardrobe, I assume B)

Have a good one :P

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Hey maybe you can afford a car that runs now! :whistle: And a paintjob! :thumbup: And Carpets :ermm: and an Engine..... :spam: I'll shut up before I'm censored!

hey at least he has an Esprit, unlike some moderators on this site, not going to mention any names though!

ps, well done bibs

Edited by esprit350

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy