Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
URGENT HELP REQUIRED - V6 Exige Limp Mode - Page 3 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

URGENT HELP REQUIRED - V6 Exige Limp Mode

1 hour ago, NANO said:

Salut
the important thing is that you can help as soon as possible (the car is new - you did not think to make you change the car with another ??) and that you are convinced of their work, respectively, of their contacts ... or other currency possibilities (with the guarantee I think you can move anywhere).

Good luck ... à bien tôt avec  des bonnes nouvelles !!

Bon, pour le moment je les laisse travailler, ils ont fait beaucoup d'efforts.....c'est vrai qu'ils pourraient me changer ma voiture, elle est neuve (3'500 kms, dont 1'500 de tests au garage pratiquement.....) mais des 360 Cup il n'y en a que 50........dont la mienne.......anyway, I'll have more news today or tomorrow, they're testing everything since Monday... Fingers crossed... A bientôt, j'espère effectivement avec des bonnes nouvelles.. vous êtes basé ou ??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, Swiss360Cup said:

They've apparently already swapped the throttle body the 2nd time it happened, with no success....they told me they'll try it again this time.... also swapping the ECU, etc. trying everything to isolate the wiring harness, since it's such a pain to change it..... they'll try everything before reporting to a new harness........fingers crossed.... but I think I'll never be confident to drive this car too far from home.......which is a pity, since it was destined to epic track days like I used to do with my GT3s....

Guess what..... when it happened 2 weeks ago, it was the sundday March 12, before I was supposed to bring my car to Komo-Tec for an extensive job...... EX 430 Kit, oïl cooler, light flywheel and clutch, short ratios, Quaife différentiel, etc. etc. the whole thing to make this car a killer on track..... fortunately it didn't happen on my way there.... or unfortunately...it might have happened at their workshop too.... so anyway..... I can just sit on it for now and waite, and pray..... or howl, scream, shout....don't know exactly what's best right now

You are on the right path - I see ;-)

Good thing that you havent done all the upgrades yet, else it would be a mess to sort out who is responsible for the issue with Lotus.

Have you talked to Daniel at KT about the issue? Maybe he has some knowledge that enables him to ensure that it is really fixed. Anyway... I would stay away from the upgrades until you know it is really gone unless KT "signs a waiver" that they take full responsiblity to fix it, if it reapears (and coordinate with Lotus). Maybe they are willing to do this, then this is the route to take imho.

• Like 1

I'm 100 % ok with you, I'm glad it didn't work out....otherwise, my dealer would have told me to ask Komo-Tec to fix it. I've postponed the appointment, and they're ok with that...until further notice.....I've made a down paiement and they're sleeping on it...... I might ask them to send the peripheral parts (short ratio, etc.) sent to my dealer to install it themselves...But  I'm keeping your suggestion to talk to KT as a joker. For the time being I would like to let my dealer and Lotus try to sort it out themselves. I do not want to put unnecessary mental pressure on them.... But thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated.. and for the moral support also...though as long as I don't see the car, I feel ok ;):) Was mad at it 2 weeks ago....

14 hours ago, Swiss360Cup said:

Yes you're right, it's not 2 % ...... but this one is 100 % of my problem :)... Lotus techniciens are helping my dealer but it's a slow process unfortunately

Yes Andy, I read this post already a few months ago and told them to do so already.... but they prefer to go through the factory techniciens..who should also know about your issue and all the others by the way...... how long after changing the loom did you sell the car ?? Did you get a chance to drive it without problem ???? 

Sold the car 9 months later with no further issues..... Hethal were heavily involved with the diagnosis with one of the techs visiting Lotus Silverstone to check my car out. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, Swiss360Cup said:

They've apparently already swapped the throttle body the 2nd time it happened, with no success....they told me they'll try it again this time.... also swapping the ECU, etc. trying everything to isolate the wiring harness, since it's such a pain to change it..... they'll try everything before reporting to a new harness........fingers crossed.... but I think I'll never be confident to drive this car too far from home.......which is a pity, since it was destined to epic track days like I used to do with my GT3s....

That seems a bit extreme Antoine. From when I worked at a Holden dealership recently, the repair steps for simply fixing the car horn seemed outrageous. Holden ended up changing the Body Control Module in the car as it was stopping the horn from working. No more button on the wheel to relay to horn. Everything has now shifted to being controlled by a computer.

I can only presume that your dealer has been following all advice given to him by the factory. If Lotus are sending a technician now, then good. Just the next step up the repair chain.

The timeframe sucks that it has taken so long, but if you get your car back and it does not play up in the next 1,000~2,000 k's, then there is no reason that it should not keep going and going fine.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yes a little bit extreme, but after the 3rd time having the very same problem....it gets on the nerves......I've had more problems with this car in 6 months, than with all my previous cars over 25 years...unfortunately......not mentioning having driven before 4 Porches heavily around tracks for thousands of miles without any issue..... Grrrrrrrrr......

• Gold FFM

I can understand being frustrated. I can only suggest that once it is fixed, you will be rewarded far more than your other cars.

I would probably be annoyed as well.

Hope they get it sorted out for you. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yes thanks....i already love the car and the whole light is right concept.... reason why I switched from Porsche... but it's a hard road so far.... fingers crossed... thanks for your encouragement and support......

• Like 2

On 22/03/2017 at 23:21, Kosmo said:

Sold the car 9 months later with no further issues..... Hethal were heavily involved with the diagnosis with one of the techs visiting Lotus Silverstone to check my car out. 

Thanks.... a technician is scheduled to fly to Geneva in the coming days..... seems surreal that in 2017, there's no other way....fingers crossed... thanks. 

22 hours ago, NANO said:

Je suis basé au SUD ...

Ticino ?????

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Or connection to the throttle body (or accelerator pedal connection as both are opposite resistance/potentiometers).  If you have the fault codes this will be clear.

Ok, saw on facebook you have P2104 / P2119... throttle body connector 😊😊

Throttle Actuator Control System – Forced Idle
P2104 Throttle actuator control system – forced idle 
Description If a problem is detected which could result in faster engine speed than commanded by the pedal, the actuator is switched out, allowing the throttle valve to default to a 6% mechanically sprung setting.  This provides a fast idle speed which may be used to effect a 'limp home' mechanism.
Monitor: •    Continuous
Enable Criteria: •    Engine    running
Disable Criteria: •    None
Potential failure modes: •    Electronic    throttle    fault
Note: This code indicates action taken by the ECU, and will always be accompanied by another code which has caused this action.

P2119 Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range/Performance
Monitor: •    Continuous
Enable Criteria: •    Ignition    on    
Disable Criteria: •    None
Malfunction Criteria •    Throttle    position    does    not    close    during    start    up.    •    Throttle    position    not    stationary    to    within    0.01V    over    10ms    interval
Potential failure modes: •    Wiring/harness    issue    at    throttle    body    connector •    Wiring/harness    issue    at    ECU    connector •    Throttle    body    dirty
Diagnostic Mask: •    The    MIL    will    be    illuminated    if    fault    is    present

appear to have sorted the issue. I did 3 things :

1. Remove the MAF plug, clean the connections and reconnect and secured tightly with a cable tie. I'm told this was part of a dealer bulletin..

2. Remove TB harness plug and clean with contact cleaner and reconnect

3. remove intake pipe and noticed a sticky oily film around the throttle butterfly. It was really sticky.. So cleaned the TB with throttle body cleaner and removed the residue.

Car immediately feels better and has so far been trouble free. Will keep the thread updated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Messer said:

3. remove intake pipe and noticed a sticky oily film around the throttle butterfly. It was really sticky.. So cleaned the TB with throttle body cleaner and removed the residue.

Nice work!

The oil residue on the butterfly is due to the PCV dumping back into the intake.  I believe Imran was going to fit a catch can for this reason.

Anyway, I too clean the throttle butterfly once a year 💪

Keep us posted if the problem comes back.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I only own an Exige S since recently and I have throttle issues and the OBD reader shows P2119 and P2104. 
Simply undoing the 2 connectors on intake system (the throttle body and the air mass sensor) and re-connecting them and the car seems to run fine. At least there seems a decent throttle response, even though it seems (even) less sophisticated than normally. Will make a test ride tonight.