Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Another VX220 owner moving over - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Another VX220 owner moving over

PaulCP

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lovely car Paul, I think I saw this at the factory when I went to see mine being built, Scott Walker spec'd the evora's in the Essex Blue, I think  some where also fitted with the essex decals along the side.  Great colour, congrats!

Looks good combo and even the red callipers look good.   :thumbsup:  From what you say and in my experience a lot of the Lotus blues don't seem to photograph well or do the cars justice but look great in the flesh.  We have a few out at our LEGS gatherings - although no Essex blue  - yet. 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Lovely car Paul, I think I saw this at the factory when I went to see mine being built, Scott Walker spec'd the evora's in the Essex Blue, I think  some where also fitted with the essex decals along the side.  Great colour, congrats!

This also had the stripes along the side. They were swiftly taken off just, as I understand, like the other ones

First impressions:-

No crashing and banging noises on poor roads, just an unbelievable ride quality whilst retaining the traditional Lotus feel through the steering. No rattles

Ability to hold a conversation and listen to the radio whilst travelling at the legal limit

It feels much bigger than the VX220

Nice to have the creature comforts

Door mirror creates quite a blind spot when turning right

Stowage space for sunglasses, phone and other bits less than thought

Overall very pleased, despite the couple of negatives identified it's everything I was wanting it to be. In summary the VXs grown up sophisticated big brother

Just can't wait to be able to open it up, off to Spa this weekend, not tracking of course but at least it will get those initial miles on it

First impressions:-

No crashing and banging noises on poor roads, just an unbelievable ride quality whilst retaining the traditional Lotus feel through the steering. No rattles

Ability to hold a conversation and listen to the radio whilst travelling at the legal limit

It feels much bigger than the VX220

Nice to have the creature comforts

Door mirror creates quite a blind spot when turning right

Stowage space for sunglasses, phone and other bits less than thought

Overall very pleased, despite the couple of negatives identified it's everything I was wanting it to be. In summary the VXs grown up sophisticated big brother

Just can't wait to be able to open it up, off to Spa this weekend, not tracking of course but at least it will get those initial miles on it

Spot on summary especailly the wing mirror blind spot :)

I stick my phone in the door pull 'hole' together with sunglasses.

There is an even bigger blind spot over your right shoulder - beware !

Ride is indeed incredible considering how well it handles.

Sport button opens the exhaust valve = childish fun around town.

They are the best wheels

The left hand wing mirror blind spot allowed me to be T boned years ago when arriving at a slightly uphill cross roads in streetlights when the road from the left wasn't actually directly from the left, but more forward than that, and I thought it was clear, didn't see headlights as street lighting masked them and I puled out........  a screamed warning from 25 year old son in pax seat soon put me right just before the bang.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

This also had the stripes along the side. They were swiftly taken off just, as I understand, like the other ones

Ah OK, so this is your car?

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

That's the one

Congrats, looks stunning :) So the decals were removed before you saw the car, by Lotus Silverstone? I wrongly assumed they had 2 cars, 1 with decals and 1 without lol

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Congrats, looks stunning :) So the decals were removed before you saw the car, by Lotus Silverstone? I wrongly assumed they had 2 cars, 1 with decals and 1 without lol

The decals were on the car when we first saw it. We asked for them to be removed prior to delivery & LS kindly gave us a spare set of decals to keep just in case the next owner, whenever that may be, preferred to have them on