Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How to set the vernier cam pulleys. - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

How to set the vernier cam pulleys.

top-plumber

I am thinking of fitting vernier cam pulleys to my S4. Reading about the improved low end performance has convinced me that I should. I could get the green dot pulleys and easily install them but the vernier adjustable pulleys come as a pair and are not much more expensive.

However if I'm to install these pulleys I need someone to walk me through the setting up process with the occasional picture. Have all the required tools for the job just lacking the guidance for the set up.

Thanks

Wayne

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Wayne,

This is a much asked question and can be long winded to explain in full detail.....

The principals are much the same on most engines which are explained with various video's on youtube.

Failing that, I am just about to set a pair of verniers up on a customers 910 engine next week.

If you let me know before then, I can photo during the process, then put together with text to explain.

It won't be a video but it will be on a 910 engine..

Let me know if this will help..   

Thanks for the swift reply Dave. That would be the perfect solution for me if it's not too much trouble for you.

I did take a look on YouTube but I wanted to get the info for the 910.

I'm not ready yet as I wanted to make sure I had the ability to tackle the job myself. I'm very comfortable around these engines but can't get this one out of the manual . Thanks again. Regards

Wayne

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

That is probably the most accurate explanation I could have hoped for Dave. You have put it succinctly and plainly. Thank you very much. I feel confident that I can carry out this work now.

Outstanding

Regards

Wayne

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Great piece of education Dave. Thanks for taking the time to allow others to apply the correct requirements :)

• Like 2

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg