Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Christmas Dinner - Page 5 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Christmas Dinner

Bibs

Thanks for organising this Bibs. Lovely meal, good company and always good to hear MJK speaking about his time at Lotus. 

great night and  huge thanks to Bibs and Laura.

Breakfast at 10am :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

That was a looooooong walk, hardcore!! What time did you get back to the hotel mate?

I left the pub at 2:30am and took half an hour to walk the 10 minutes home after a brilliant evening! Thanks for coming everyone, I hope you all had a great time and enjoyed the meal. Merry Christmas :thumbsup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Another belter from Team TLF. Great to catch up with a few of the usual suspects and chat to a few others I hadn't met before.

Say what you like about Lotus cars, you can't fault the people who own them. I felt proud to be counted among you (as I drove home in my Mitsubishi ;))

The term legend is too lightly used these days but Mike Kimberley is a national treasure as far as I'm concerned, it's a real sign of what Bibs has achieved that he can get people of Mike's stature along to a Christmas party.

It's easy to forget just how much Mike has 'been there and done that'. I asked him if he ever met Ayrton Senna. He replied without a hint of indignation that he helped him out of his car in Detroit and carried his winners trophy back from the podium. Now that, people, is a legend. Thank you so much for coming Mike.

:clap:

• Like 1

Another great night.  Good as Jonny says to be able to put a few more faces to names.  Good food and good company and great that I was able to get a few moments 1 to 1 with Mike after all these years to thank him for an event that happened many years ago.

Sorry I didn't say cheerio to John (Jaybeee) and Mrs Jaybee, I'm sorry but I can't remember your name.  Hopefully you were not put off your first "Lotus outing" too much by being stuck with a bunch of jocks in the corner.  I hope you managed to extract the car without out too much grief and "Home Alone" son was fine.

Not posting any embarrassing photos of the evening but here are a couple of the legend during his chat and later signing some memorabilia for Andrew & I.  A true gent and I am even more wanting to read his book now after just a few stories last night.  Can't wait.  Keep on at Dad Kimbers!

566dc8e502456_P1060975(1).jpg.d07b429e00

566dc8e63b7c8_P1060976(1).jpg.78db328103

566dc8e7772a9_P1060982(1).jpg.7f878bd41a

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Thank you Bibs & team, Mike and all who were there at the Nevill Bull last evening. My first get together and wonderful to be amongst so many Lotus aficionados. I learnt a lot. Particular thanks to the Scots contingent who made us feel so welcome. Too many sprouts though, so had the first Giugiaro twin-turbo on the way home!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, esp88 said:

Just back home without any delay.

Great evening many thanks to Bibs, Laura and  Cilff :)

Yasuo

Was great to meet you Yasuo (I was the chap sitting to your right :) ) I think you win in terms of distance travelled! :D

Thanks to Bibs and the team for such a brilliant night out. Was one to remember :)

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Hands up who paid their bill with their watch*?

*Which admittedly was pretty cool! 

I'd raise my hand, but i'm too busy buying things with it. ;) 

Bibs/Laura. Thanks for a great evening and many thanks to Budsey for the exceptionally professional taxi service to the venue.I am sure training was received by the best of the London black cab crews. Cliff Kim Yasuo it was good to see you again as well as meeting new people. \we look forward to the next Forum event.

Great evening, lovely to meet new people, many  thanks to  Bibs and Laura.  Will we fill  the whole pub next year?

9 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Awesome evening, as always, only spoilt by my inability to get steaming drunk 3 nights in a row. So I was actually quite chilled. Loved seeing everyone again and meeting new faces this time! Also awesome that our Scottish and Danish contingents turned up again to speak their foreign languages. Awesome seeing you guys and as always, having a quiet whiskey in Kims room afterwards and catching up with the ever awesome Kim and Yasuo.

It always surprises me when people come up to me and say "Do you think your dad will sign this" or, "Do you think your dad will mind if I speak to him about this?" Cause, lets face it, he's my dad. I forget how awesome his achievements and experiences are until he starts speaking about them to you lot. All I remember is him walking out the door with his suitcase, going to the USA,  saying "See you all in 4 months", despite having only just got back from a 2 month trip to Japan 3 days before.

But the mark of the man is that he doesn't want to stand up and talk about Lotus because he doesn't see himself as anyone different from all of us. But he still does because he knows how much everyone enjoys hearing about things.

BTW, to all those that mentioned it. No he isn't 84. He's 77 and his maths was out. He had been in the industry for 62 years not 69. In his defence he's normally in bed by 10pm not just standing up to do a speech!

Thanks all for attending and as always, thanks Bibs and Laura for all your hard work throughout the year.

Hey Kimbers, I think your a very lucky man to have such a prestigious father. It was such a treat listening to him and can't wait for his book.  

On 12/13/2015 at 13:04, Bibs said:

That was a looooooong walk, hardcore!! What time did you get back to the hotel mate?

I left the pub at 2:30am and took half an hour to walk the 10 minutes home after a brilliant evening! Thanks for coming everyone, I hope you all had a great time and enjoyed the meal. Merry Christmas :thumbsup:

BIBS SPOTTED:

FatherChristmas.jpg.c8f531bab42e14019aec

I am back in DK now. Thanks for organising again Laura and Bibs...

/kim.com

• Like 1

/Kim 

Proud member of Watford Exotic Scandinavian Team...