Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Big thanks to Craig Moncrieff and his team - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Big thanks to Craig Moncrieff and his team

I meant to post this up last week to thank Craig for his excellent service recently arranging the MOT for my Elan and upgrading the front brakes with PNM callipers and grooved disks ready for our Lake Como & Stelvio trip later this month.

Some of you will know that Craig has recently started up on his own and has a nice new facility ready to look after your pride and joy. He currently has my Esprit in for service and belts change. He will also have the Alloy Motorsport radiator to instal once it is manufactured.

I am sure you will all wish him good luck in his new venture.

If you need his mobile number PM me.

post-225-0-27954600-1441083549.jpg

He also has my Evora for some general fettling while I am offshore this time. The new location is still in the Gyle area of Edinburgh so easy for leaving the car while spending a day elsewhere.

His business number is 0131 334 6085 if you need to speak to him. Location 13/6 South Gyle Trade Park and very professional looking it all is. The best of luck with this new venture.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

So the landline telephone number is now live, what about the website?

All a work in progress I believe along with signage on the way.  Lots of steps involved in getting this thing off the ground and he has come a long way in a short time.

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Ooooh, that's a nice Bentley Arnage he has up there on the ramps too. Hmmm, a Bentley Arnage ( a real Bentley!) for the shopping and the school run, and an Evora for the weekend. Suits me sir!

Good luck Craig, I'm sure my little red Evora will be down for some fettling shortly.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That's good timing as I will be looking for someone to look after my Esprit, now that Ally at SLS (who's second name escapes me right now) who used to be in Loanhead has gone AWOL?

Edited by stephenwhyte

• 1 month later...

That's good timing as I will be looking for someone to look after my Esprit, now that Ally at SLS (who's second name escapes me right now) who used to be in Loanhead has gone AWOL?

Confirmed.  He now works for somebody else I'm told.

Anyway back to Craig.  I had left my car with him for 4 weeks while offshore for a number of things to be done from some body parts being replaced at rear, changing A pillar trims to Carbon, adding the front splitter, arranging wheels to be refurbished, upgrading the ICE to DAB radio and identifying a myriad of squeaks and rattles.  Not only that I was run to the airport at crack of dawn and picked up late although I had fully planned on taxi's.  OUTSTANDING service and the car was even washed which you would not expect from an independent in his circumstances.  The workshops you could eat your dinner off the floor and after a visit back yesterday with more wheels for refurbishing SWMBO thinks the "rest room" is at 5* hotel standard so no worry about rolling up with SWMBO in tow.  

One of the squeaks from the engine area turned out to be a slipping auxiliary drive belt which has stretched possibly with overcooking on a track day so self inflicted which is a fairly big job and Lotus would have you believe engine out, but Craig and the boys have found a way to avoid this so BIG thanks there.  Throughout the whole process I was kept fully appraised of the various steps and likely costs and despite fearing the worse for a total and having everything itemised I am sure I have had a particularly fair estimate of man-hours involved.  Can't say fairer than that and I'll be back with other family cars for sure.

His workshop looked very healthily busy with a wide range of 'cars' from LR defender and a Dodge Ram pick up down to Elises and a DB5.  He deserves to succeed if he continues as he has started.

His Facebook page is now up and running and so is his website ( http://craigmoncrieff.com ) and Instagram (https://instagram.com/craigmoncrieffcars/ )as off 2 days ago.  Good luck Craig.

• Like 2

Great write-up Al?

Ive been in with my Esprit too and thought similarly - Craig has got off to a great start and I'm already booked in with my next Esprit project (the '82 Turbo I've been working on buying and finally bought for the last 3.5 years!) which should be up here in Scotland before the end of the month?

Anyway I wrote this on Craig Moncrieff Cars Facebook page :

• 10917880_10152681324110878_8811474493323

Stephen Whyte – 5 starHad my Esprit S4s into Craig's place to fix a few issues I discoveredafter purchasing the car earlier in the month. From start to finish the experience was a very positive one. Craig goes to great lengths to always keep you involved and tell you how things are progressing. He sorted all the problems on my Lotus very quickly and efficiently and at a very reasonable cost too. I would definitely recommend Craig to a Lotus or any other car owner for that matter. I will be using again and telling anyone I can that Craig Moncrieff Cars is a safe pair of hands to put your car to when it comes to maintaining and repairing your pride and joy - thanks Craig!

Like · Comment3
Edited by Bibs
Removed quote of preceding post
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Like those above, I'd also like to express my thanks to Craig for his fettling of my P & J during its 4-day stay with him.

Serviced (5 year/45k miles), MOT'd, traced the nest of young birds at feeding time (at least that's what it sounded like) to a stretched auxiliary drive belt (like Al's and similarly caused - Ingliston Revival for mine - and I'm equally relieved and grateful that it didn't entail an engine-out repair process), fixed the inoperative high-level brake light and boot interior lights, swapped the 4 tyres for the ones I recently bought in the Lotus production overstock sale, swapped the original Alpine 505 'Blackbird' ICE unit for the much more recent 920 (also from the Lotus parts sell-off) which required a new reversing camera to be sourced and fitted (a bumper-off job) along with a complete rewire of this as the old installation isn't compatible with the newer head units and yet the final invoice (including the contribution to Mr Osbourne's coffers) was still the right side of £1k.

He phoned me daily with updates and the car was returned like it was just out of the showroom. Fantastic customer service and I wish him every success for the future.

Written on Craig's Facebook page:

11988538_878429402193622_589458557095210

David Boyd5 star
Just picked up my Evora from Craig and I can honestly say that, in 40+ years of driving, this has been the best customer... service I have received from any garage. I left him with a fair old list of things to look at and every one has been attended to, I was kept well-informed of progress every step of the way, the car was returned spotless inside and out, and best of all the invoice total was a lot less than I was expecting. I can't recommend Craig and his team highly enough - I'll most definitely not be taking my P & J anywhere else. See More

Like · Commen
  • Like 2

I tried to but for some reason couldn't set up a new business. Hopefully if you can I'll he able to add to It then. He deserves every success although I'd doubt MMC will agree.

However as LEGS Group we will fully support both and not take sides. Both have equal opportunity to prove   worthy of our business although a complete lack of communication from them does seem a little strange at the moment. 

Just to save any grief for others, if you go into the dealer review page and you haven't already registered for Dealer Review then it is a separate microsite.  It isn't even part of the Lotus 4 Sale microsite (which is where the link is) If you wish to post up a review in there for Craig you have to register for that.  Only takes a second.

My review now posted :thumbsup: