Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Identify connectors - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Identify connectors

Hi guys during next days I'd like to continue working on my car and I need to figure out what are these harness under the dash (my car is LHD) can you give some advices??!.. :)

Big yellow harness with two cables, one blue and one green.

Small yellow harness with two cable, one brown and one purple. (Same photo with the bigger one, above the big one)

Black harness with lots of cable.

Behind and under the dash there is a black box with no write on it and it has only a black cable going into it.. What is that black box??

post-18034-0-06588100-1441539547.jpg

post-18034-0-34408800-1441539586.jpg

post-18034-0-82394200-1441539629.jpg

post-18034-0-57980400-1441539676.jpg

post-18034-0-93039100-1441539718.jpg

post-18034-0-66436300-1441539850.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could 3 and 4 be radio.  The black box looks after market to me but mine is an earlier car so could be wrong.  Do you have an electric aerial next  to the front of the door that side as the fuse holder could be for that.

Hi Malcolm I don't think they are radio or electric aereal beacuse all wires of radio are well located behind the center consolle, just above the ac control.

instead these harness are on the left of steering column (LHD) ; between steering column and a/c vent.. although I can strecth them, I definetly can't get them near radio.

Any use?  This is from a 88 service manual. 

They could have also then had a jump harness attached to that plug that went to totally different colour wires in the jump harness.   You really need a service manual ( worth the money even at new price).

post-1261-0-38281800-1441553581.jpg

The harness with many wires and a black connector is used on Federal (USA) cars for the logic box/warning module. It would probably be unused on your car. The black box is probably the ice detection module.

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

I can only add to the above:

- the black box probably ICE warning

- the connector in pic 3 will be for the US only logic box, so unused.

- the connector in pic 4 looks like it's for a radio (or CD-changer, amplifier...). Or possibly an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser.

- brown and purple should be permanent 12V to a fuse and from that fuse to the electrical user. Check if the brown wire is indeed 12V and if so, put some tape on it to be safe. I think some cars have a separate fuse for the electrical aerial, outside the fuse box. 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 month later...

hi guys, thanks to all... unfortunately I have no time to work properly on esprit, but I realized that the first connectors are from the same harness, they match each other! they should be aerial harness.. although I've connected one to the other the aerial does not come out :( any ideas?? (my radio is a blaupunkt sqr 49 dusseldorf in great condition)

I also have another problem, as you know in my car cdl module is missing, and it should be located in front luggage next to abs module. Well I've been searching for a used cdl module and I've seen lots of car with kiekert/gm 90 457 682 in it. The problem is, my harness is definetly not matching with modules I've seen!

the harness is like this on first pic, but located as shown on pic 2... any advice??

IMG_5302.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

• Gold FFM

Replace the cdl module with an aftermarket remote locking control system - simple 5 wires I think - and it gives you a remote as well with rolling codes - all for about £25 on Amazon or eBay. When I looks for a stock replacement lotus one for mine it was in the £180 ish range.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Do you have a remote button on your key?  Mine only had central locking on the door lock.

this module gives remote locking via two fobs and also from the door lock with the key

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Marco

it was a while ago I sorted mine - it was a hawk unit and eBay do have them listed still. They are massively cheap, but work great. You only need fit the control box - the rest is spare!!

really nice upgrade having remote locking from a fob - no more using the little key in the door

Look at this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/360394597855

UNIVERSAL*REMOTE* KEYLESS CENTRAL DOOR LOCKING KIT 

Only here once