Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Larini vs 2bular - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Larini vs 2bular

^^^^^  Whoop whoop and yippee!  Being an eejeet means I have the opportunity to learn something new every day :)

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Compared to our 63.5mm valved N/A system, our supercharged system uses a 70mm bore, a larger exhaust valve and a larger silencer.

If a.n.other exhaust firm produces their 70mm, valved supercharger exhaust, I look forward to a valid comparison on prices.

btw, 76mm (3") is too big a bore - lose boost/lose power.

I have the 2bular for the NA Evora...mines is the valved exhaust here is a video i took when i first had it fitted....bare in mind this is the valve at its closed position...still to get out and do a video with it on the open

Edited by Bibs
  • Like 1

I think it will go for around the £31-32k mark and will be a great car at that price but I don't think he's in a hurry to sell.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have now ordered one of jims 2ubular non valved exhaust box, hehe can't wait to have a blast. Will be having a go at fitting this myself so any helpful info would be welcome.

Just realised the last four posters all have red Evora's - wow - 4 guys all with exquisite taste hahaha....

Good luck with the exhaust, I can't wait to hear it.

• Like 1

The small print.

Nope - don't forget I'll be paying for it! I just thought it was cool seeing four red Evora's all replying one after the other. Common as tarts...

The small print.

un bloody believable..... No shame...

"I can't hold it goose, goose, we're going down, we're in a flat spin...."

• Like 1

The small print.

:thumbsup:Thx Andy, I see you have been promoted to moderator , or I'm not paying attention.

ill have to agree with the good taste in colour.

:clap:

WHAT! YOU NO LIKEY!  Oh, for crying out loud, how much pimping and prostituting does a man have to do to get a like. What is the world coming to.

Barry, looks like you're getting a new pen!  :no Now what am I gonna give the wife for christmas??? Shucks....

The small print.

• Gold FFM

WHAT! YOU NO LIKEY!  Oh, for crying out loud, how much pimping and prostituting does a man have to do to get a like. What is the world coming to.

Barry, looks like you're getting a new pen!  :no Now what am I gonna give the wife for christmas??? Shucks....

faint-1339.gif

Only here once

NO NO,, me likey me likey, how you likey!!

You very very funny man !!!

hahaha 

So click the Likey Likey button - gotta beat Barry, just gotta beat him. No idea what else to get the wife for Christmas - argggh - she has everything she disires, she wants, she needs - she has me already!     hahahaha - off for a G&T in my lonely hotel room now  (sob sob)

The small print.

NoNo, you likey likey Barry's  quote!  Jeez man, my wife wants that pen..... ;)

The small print.

• 4 weeks later...

Received jims 2ubular non valved back box Friday, got up early today and  spent just over 4 hours in total removing the old system and fitting the de cat pipe back box tail pipes and re fitting the diffuser , it was fairly straight forward and almost  problem free and it makes a huge difference in sound, all I can say is "WOW BLOODY WOW" superb note on acceleration and adds to the supercar feel.

The whole car feels and sounds alive compared to the oem back box, what a transformation it makes, I'm now tempted to go for the full system in the new year.

Even on the first drive we had some guys pull up next to us in an Audi drop their window and say that sounds awesome obviously I gave them another demonstration.

IMG_5437.mp4

Edited by Jmanji
Deleted video as would not upload
  • Like 1

What about the pops and gurgles on the over-run?

The small print.

loads of  big pops and gurgles, very different on the overrun and was not sure at first if it was overfuelling etc, seems to rev on a little bit but I only went out for 10-15 mins, I think I would defo go for a remap once headers and down pipes are done as obviously there's a lot more power to gain from the Toyota engine, wondering if the oem clutch would last ? I'm on 23k miles which were mainly motorway so hopefully good for it.

cant post video !!! Is it only pos through utube?