Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite currently for sale info... - Page 2 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite currently for sale info...

• Gold FFM

The triumph dolomite and aclaim might still struggle as the 205 will always do. That said the Austin Princess was always a favorite for me although I'm not sure I would buy one

Here it is

Look at this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/201440495513

BREATHTAKING AUSTIN PRINCESS 2, 2200 HLS AUTO TOTALLY ORIGINAL JUST 29,000 MILES 

• Like 1

Only here once

dolomites are awesome little cars - they were my first love. I would love another sprint - decent ones are attracting big money now though.

My parents/grandparents and uncle had a princess. Quite an interesting big car that suffered from an image problem a'la rover 800. Actually a very fine car.

• 3 weeks later...

It's good see the Elite prices on the up ,"My Retire Project" coming on nicely The Red 504 .engine now sounds good ,wiring is a head ache but it's coming on , my gold one is tucked away for winter . The ebay  Mop Elite doesn't seem to sell ?

•   

I am also looking for an Elite, am a newby wrt Lotus so have a few questions....

1. When did they start to use galvanised chassis?

2. What was changed for the S2? Rear lamps (SD1 I think), 2.2 engine, what else? At what date did the S2 take over from the S1?

3. A friend told me he did not buy an Elite years ago because the drivers door sagged. Is there an inforcement for the hinges? If so from what material? Big job to put right?

4. I never owned a car with a bonded windscreen and that scares me a little. Any special techniques required or can a local car glass company fit a new screen if needed?

5. Some have a rear wiper located at the bottom, some at the top. Is this a S1/S2 change (the one I saw which had it at the top had SD1 rear lamps but this may be coincedence)

6. I cannot find a picture of the boot space anywhere. Is it very narrow or better does anyone have a picture?

Thanks....

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/model/lotus/elite.html

Dion, this should help answer some of your queries - the Galv chassis was one of the more significant revisions for the S2 - that and the 2.2 engine upgrade. Add to that the Getrag 5 speed manual gearbox. However,  a significant number of S1s will now feature a Galv chassis (mine does) and quite a few will have put in a upgraded gearbox. Depends how much of a stickler you are for originality - I like to be as original as possible but happy to adapt certain aspects if they make the car more reliable and easier to live with (electronic ignition being one such item, a solid state fuel pump and mx5 motors on the headlights to get rid of the vacuum pop up failure issues prevalent on most).

As I can, I'll sort out some photos - mine arrives tomorrow :animier:Hoping for not too much :shock:!!

ps you might want to engage with Tocus who hails from your neck of the woods and is a wealth of knowledge and parts

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

It's good see the Elite prices on the up ,"My Retire Project" coming on nicely The Red 504 .engine now sounds good ,wiring is a head ache but it's coming on , my gold one is tucked away for winter . The ebay  Mop Elite doesn't seem to sell ?

•  
  • Hi i Dion I found a boot photo of my 503 Elite if it helps   

image.jpg

image.jpg

The ebay  Mop Elite doesn't seem to sell ?

Peter - it started at £3995 so it has dropped a grand - only £2500 to go before it reaches a realistic value - apart from the number plate (which is only valuable on a car with an MOT apparently) it looks like a complete shed!

Nice photos though :) 

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?