Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS Breakfast & The Bingo 1st November 2015 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS Breakfast & The Bingo 1st November 2015

It was 3 years ago that we had our Breakfast meet at The Bingo in Dunfermline and it has been suggested that we do it again.

A few of you lost your Bingo Virginity that day and from the smiles on faces it would appear it was an enjoyable experience. We had about 20 people last time.

I have spoken to the General Manager at the bingo club at Carlton Bingo, Fife Leisure Park, Dunfermline and have arranged with him that we can arrive for breakfast 10:00am have 3 games of bingo about 10:45am and depart at our usual time of midday. There is ample car parking and an area will be set aside for the cars. The club is being opened an hour earlier than normal for our exclusive use and because of the size of the auditorium we will be grouped at tables around the bingo caller. The Bistro will be open for breakfast rolls or full breakfast, teas, coffees, soft drinks if you choose, however the bar will be closed. The club will be open to the members from 11:00am.

If you are still a bingo Virgin, now is you chance to have a go for the first time, or to relive the experience if you were there 3 years ago .......and the best part is there will be real prize money. The 3 page book will cost £5 per person to play and the potential prize money if we get 20 people playing will be 2 pages with prize money of single line £5 and full house £20, and the last page single line £10 and full house £40. Don't worry if you don't understand how to play, full instructions will be given. I will stress here that the bingo club will not make any money out of the bingo games and if we get more people playing then the prize money will increase.

You will, as everyone that has never been in a bingo club before, have preconceived ideas of what a bingo club is like however Dunfermline FLP is one of the most modern Bingo Clubs in the country and was opened in 2005.

Check out the website here http://www.carltonbingo.com/Community-Our-Clubs-Dunfermline-Fife-Leisure-Park.aspx

Unfortunately because this is a licensed bingo club we are not allowed to have anyone under the age of 18 years of age on the bingo premises.

I was also looking at a possible run after the breakfast meet, possibly doing the FC135 - Fife's answer to the FC500 and Route 66 with options to stop off in St Andrews for coffee somewhere and/or heading for a fish supper at The Award Winning Anstruther Fish Bar.

Names below please:

1 bingoking + Mrs bingoking

• Like 1

Lost my Bingo Virginity many moons ago as you know, and I do it with a Dabber these days! :blush:

I have my dabber at the ready  great time last time looking forward to Sunday.

It was 3 years ago that we had our Breakfast meet at The Bingo in Dunfermline and it has been suggested that we do it again.

A few of you lost your Bingo Virginity that day and from the smiles on faces it would appear it was an enjoyable experience. We had about 20 people last time.

I have spoken to the General Manager at the bingo club at Carlton Bingo, Fife Leisure Park, Dunfermline and have arranged with him that we can arrive for breakfast 10:00am have 3 games of bingo about 10:45am and depart at our usual time of midday. There is ample car parking and an area will be set aside for the cars. The club is being opened an hour earlier than normal for our exclusive use and because of the size of the auditorium we will be grouped at tables around the bingo caller. The Bistro will be open for breakfast rolls or full breakfast, teas, coffees, soft drinks if you choose, however the bar will be closed. The club will be open to the members from 11:00am.

If you are still a bingo Virgin, now is you chance to have a go for the first time, or to relive the experience if you were there 3 years ago .......and the best part is there will be real prize money. The 3 page book will cost £5 per person to play and the potential prize money if we get 20 people playing will be 2 pages with prize money of single line £5 and full house £20, and the last page single line £10 and full house £40. Don't worry if you don't understand how to play, full instructions will be given. I will stress here that the bingo club will not make any money out of the bingo games and if we get more people playing then the prize money will increase.

You will, as everyone that has never been in a bingo club before, have preconceived ideas of what a bingo club is like however Dunfermline FLP is one of the most modern Bingo Clubs in the country and was opened in 2005.

Check out the website here http://www.carltonbingo.com/Community-Our-Clubs-Dunfermline-Fife-Leisure-Park.aspx

Unfortunately because this is a licensed bingo club we are not allowed to have anyone under the age of 18 years of age on the bingo premises.

I was also looking at a possible run after the breakfast meet, possibly doing the FC135 - Fife's answer to the FC500 and Route 66 with options to stop off in St Andrews for coffee somewhere and/or heading for a fish supper at The Award Winning Anstruther Fish Bar.

Names below please:

Give us back the old format and settings .

did try to add my name and Alisters to the list 

Can you get one of these "dabbers" from MMC, or is it Deroure, B&C or Elise-Shop?  Anyone know the part number, I fancy the LF black,red and gold dabber.

As I am still under 50, I cannot, just cannot, enter a Bingo hall. However, I may well stand outside and guard the cars for a fiver each and a hot bacon roll - it is Dunfermline after all!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Can you get one of these "dabbers" from MMC, or is it Deroure, B&C or Elise-Shop?  Anyone know the part number, I fancy the LF black,red and gold dabber.

As I am still under 50, I cannot, just cannot, enter a Bingo hall. However, I may well stand outside and guard the cars for a fiver each and a hot bacon roll - it is Dunfermline after all!

Scared you'll enjoy yourself? :lol: 

7_15_9.gif

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Now there's an idea, Lotus F1 Dabbers  

One of the many misconceptions that this is an old folks pastime, we have many 34 year olds on our books. ? 

Go on, give it a try it's a bit of fun. 

By the way, the average age of members at the Club in Dunfermline is 44 years, which is much lower than the national average of 53 years.

Scared you'll enjoy yourself? :lol: 

7_15_9.gif

Love the gif Bibs, so stole it for my signature :lol:

• Like 1

2 hedgerley + Mrs Hedgerley
3 Andrew C + Alister
4 Sharron & Dave
5 Karen + Derek

SWMBO has organised  weekend of culture in London - so that will be theatre for musicals/plays as opposed to my ideal of comedy clubs and bars. Oh well.

So, sorry guys you will need to find someone else to guard the cars in Dunfermline!  Have a great day oot...

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

You mean you chickened out Andy. SHWBO won the toss. The only way you will get any Kudos out of this one is if you are going down in the Evora to stretch her legs.

Nope - my Kudos, my street cred, my authority has been blown. I'm expected to get the flights booked this afternoon!

But in a rare display of dissent and defiance (that I will pay for!), I put my foot down and will be joining the Lotus get together at the Red House in Coupar Angus at 1300 today!

Edited by C8RKH

The small print.

2 hedgerley + Mrs Hedgerley
3 Andrew C + Alister
4 Sharron & Dave
5 Karen + Derek
6 Brian & Isabel Swankie

Hi Brian, sorry for my long absence from the Forum but holidays and then man-flu have floored me.  

Well sods law is in full force here.  3 years ago I was working offshore and I'm heading that way again tomorrow so cannot make it. Damn.  I wouldn't say it was on the Bucket List as such, but I've never played Bingo and would happily have given it a go (at any age).  Sorry we can't be there.

For anybody else thinking about turning out for this please hurry up and get your name down for this.  If we can't get the numbers up a bit it makes it non-viable as they are opening up early and especially for us to have our fun ahead of the normal working day.  

Cheers,
Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

That's a shame Al. missing it again.

Just to reiterate what Al. said above if we don't get a few more people, we had 20 last time, I will cancel and move breakfast up to Baxters, Kelty.

The Manager has had to alter his rotas for the day to bring in extra staff earlier and one of the Management team will be giving up part of her day off to open the club early for us.

Just to reiterate, the club will not make money out of this exercise it's a breakfast with a couple of games of Bingo to make it fun and I hope this event doesn't come across as if I am touting for business.

Yes I sent a PM as usual to 167 LEGS members when I put up the original post.

A coupe of call offs but also a couple of additions.
Still room for more, there are 2,005 seats to fill :o

1 bingoking 
2 hedgerley 
3 Andrew C + Alister
4 Sharron & Dave
5 Karen + Derek
6 Brian & Isabel Swankie
7 Jordan Clark
8 Steven Walsh

On 29 October 2015 at 20:21:43, bingoking said:
A coupe of call offs but also a couple of additions.
Still room for more, there are 2,005 seats to fill :o

1 bingoking 
2 hedgerley 
3 Andrew C + Alister
4 Sharron & Dave
5 Karen + Derek
6 Brian & Isabel Swankie
7 Jordan Clark
8 Steven Walsh
9 Alan
10 Alan & Janet
11 Barry & Suzanne
12 Dougie & Susan 
13 Jim & Columbine 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Unfortunately, I'm not able to join you for this. SWMBO is about to depart for New Zealand again so the only numbers I'll be juggling this weekend are the ones on the scales as I try to get the weight of her case below the baggage allowance limit.