Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2016 TLF International Lotus Day - Page 5 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2016 TLF International Lotus Day

Bibs is being forever optimistic with the weather.  The BBC forecast, just a few moments ago for the weekend, is warm, but with isolated [very] heavy rain showers.

So - shorts (for Bibs) and waterproofs to cover the BBC predictions.  I've almost given up cleaning the car - every time time the polish sees daylight, it rains!

Edited by LotusPilot

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

i bet you're a right laugh down the pub :huh:

Hotter than Marrakesh (yes, right next to the equator) this weekend. Cheer up! 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3571001/Hotter-Marrakesh-Britain-set-sizzle-24C-heat-weekend-watch-Scotland-AVALANCHES.html

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hmmm, evidently I lost the smiley when posting.  It'll be great day regardless of the weather - which will hopefully be sunny and warm - just like the TLF crowd that we're looking forward to meeting again!

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Bibs said:

I'm setting off within the next couple of hours to avoid the avalanches, :rolleyes: .

41 minutes ago, Alfa2Evora said:

I'm setting off within the next couple of hours to avoid the avalanches, :rolleyes: .

Your wing is waiting ;) Saturdays going to be my polish day! I've got a weekend away from the other half, so free reign to be outside polishing :D 

It was at last year's "do" that I first saw Lotuseseseseses with laminated A4 sheets on their dashboard with pictures and histories of the car.

Do I need to make one for Dexter. I obviously will have to explain he's the only .... yeah that. But do I also need to give out his Instagram feed web address and flaunt pictures of him doing doughnuts in the snow?

If I need to fire up my laminator I need some notice.

• Like 1

BBC website says Sunday is dry all day at Brooklands with temperatures in the 20's http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/10104862 :yes:

Silly question.... does one just head for the normal Mercedes Benz World entrance then pick up the signs for our parking? Probably arriving 8:30 ish, too early?

On 02/05/2016 at 15:25, Bibs said:

The details for the concours are in the concours thread. Perhaps that's what you're after... 

I think what he's actually after is what time do we show up. In the morning. Like to get our cars in the field or wherever with the 200+ other Lotus cars. 9am? 9.30am? 10am? Will midday do? Some better signage than last year may help too. I got lost wondering where the hell everyone was, touring around the MBW car park for 3 hours before I realised you were all round the back.

The concours joining instructions ask all cars to be in place by 10am. It's an attraction at the event so we'd like it full all day. Anyone else can come and go as they please, although getting there early is obvs best to enjoy the whole day. 

Here's a route so you have an idea... I've shaded our parking area in green.

5300320538722304.jpg

• Like 1

Ok perhaps I'm just confused and stupid. Dex (astonishingly) isn't in the concours. He's just being dumped in that field like last year while I go off and eat sausages. Or is that the same thing? Sorry, I'm not very carsy, I don't understand. <flutters eyelashes>

20 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Anyone else can come and go as they please, although getting there early is obvs best to enjoy the whole day. 

^ This. Nerd.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

Errrm, is that a vein up the middle?

<spits coffee over keyboard>

Stunned I didn't spot that one! :o

11 minutes ago, Bibs said:

:)

Enjoy your sausage(s)! 

I'm bringing one down from Scotland with me for my 3 day jaunt. Let's hope it's still hot by the Sunday.

51 minutes ago, Bibs said:

The concours joining instructions ask all cars to be in place by 10am. It's an attraction at the event so we'd like it full all day. Anyone else can come and go as they please, although getting there early is obvs best to enjoy the whole day. 

Here's a route so you have an idea... I've shaded our parking area in green.

5300320538722304.jpg

Instructions on how to get to "Point A" on Brooklands Drive (Mercedes Benz World). The Landing strip where we are parking is at "Point B"

Mercedes-Benz World

Mercedes-Benz World is just a few minutes from Junction 10 of the M25. Follow the A3 towards London taking the first exit and turn left at the roundabout onto the A245 (signposted to Weybridge). Continue along the A245 for approximately 1.5 miles. At the second roundabout turn right onto Sopwith Drive.

Continue straight over two roundabouts, you have arrived at Mercedes-Benz World.

Address:
Mercedes-Benz World
Brooklands Drive
Weybridge
Surrey
KT13 0SL

• Like 1