Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Beast is home...Let the fun start! - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Beast is home...Let the fun start!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's always nice getting a new toy to play with. I wish you luck with your restoration and look forward to all the updates.

:) 

It's getting there......

Personally I love these in white. My car has the remnants of a black vinyl roof like yours which was fitted by the dealer and didn't leave the factory that way. Grey wheels are original colour apparently also. Many are in black like mine now since the place that did my refurb couldn't do grey, only silver!

666 - sign of the devil and it sounds as though this particular devils has your heart strings. Best of luck with it and keep the updates coming

Loads of room! Might need to sort a 'hinged' section in the middle (of the bench, not the car) so I can drop it out of the way to gain access. If I push the car back, it will clear the bench but I can't get around the car.

Workshop is plenty wide enough , just about 3ft too short!

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

So far, the only bit missing I can see is the finishing trim around the centre switch panel. LBits want £60 for a complete panel, but as I already have 2 panels, this seems excessive.

Does anyone have the trim piece available to purchase?

Thanks

Ant

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

So far, the only bit missing I can see is the finishing trim around the centre switch panel. LBits want £60 for a complete panel, but as I already have 2 panels, this seems excessive.

Does anyone have the trim piece available to purchase?

Thanks

Ant

Although not identical, you can get flexible trim in chrome looking plastic that should go around it from eBay. I got some for my dash panel which, ashamadly, is still in progress 

1 hour ago, clivef38 said:

I envy your headlining.:lol:

Well pleased with that Clive - the front section is almost faultless and the back is ok but has a few weak spots but all in all it'll do well for now.

I did away with my dealer fit vinyl roof what a pain in the arse. The glue had eaten into the gell coat in the odd spot. It took me ages to sort it out and now it still needs another respray.:cry:

On 11/12/2015, 9:17:29, oilmagnet477 said:

Cheers Mike, I'd looked at that and It might still be the way to go but if I can find the original bit then so be it - to be honest, I don't mind it without any trim at all!

will look tomorrow but fairly sure I hadn't even noticed mine missing. No attention to detail that's my problem! 

Cheers Paul, how right you are!

My first Lotus but I've done several restorations - so far, in terms of initial condition and general parts availability, this one looks pretty reasonable but only time will tell.....

Just found out that the previous owner (sadly deceased, although if he wasn't I guess the car wouldn't be mine!) bought the car in 1979!

I knew he'd had it a while but that explains why it is quite so cherished. It has been sat for the last 10 years coz he couldn't drive it any more but couldn't bear to part with it.

This was what drew me to the car as I had a feeling it had had some TLC over the years. Really looking forward to getting her back on the road.

For once, I haven't immediately started to rip her apart to get things going - I'm going gently with this (at least to start). My aim with this is to fettle as much as possible and keep as much originality as I can. The carpets are a bit scabby but I think with a good clean they will come up OK and maintain a certain patina.

Does anyone know the correct approach for sticking the waistline trim back on? - I don't want to damage the gelcoat or GRP

Cheers

Ant

• Like 1

On 14/11/2015, 06:12:59, esprit s2 said:

The happiness you are feeling now; hold on to it as there will times where you will hate it! 

2-1fab4.jpg

"Wise words mate!" 

;-)

Sorry but dense question, I think I know the answer to: The air box and trumpets have been removed from the carbs and I think I have all the bits. Am I correct that the trumpets sandwich the airbox onto the carbs, with the airbox effectively acting as a gasket? Haven't got any gaskets so I'm assuming this is right?

14 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Sorry but dense question, I think I know the answer to: The air box and trumpets have been removed from the carbs and I think I have all the bits. Am I correct that the trumpets sandwich the airbox onto the carbs, with the airbox effectively acting as a gasket? Haven't got any gaskets so I'm assuming this is right?

That's correct, yes :)

• 2 weeks later...

So - some news, and from the evidence I can see (for a vehicle last on the road in 1999!) it is all good so far!

Now have myself a smart new low entry jack (Thanks Mum in Law, Happy Christmas!) so rear wheels are off. Can't believe how light the wheel nuts are :) 

Was expecting stuff of nightmares (having seen some previous project cars on here and for sale elsewhere) but I'm presently impressed with the state of everything. Clearly the PO chassis swap was done well me thinks.

Please excuse some of the camera angles but see what you think:

IMG_4497.JPG.4c49d9c00939aa8165b2c1ab9f2

IMG_4498.JPG.00d468c35886f1d01803a173d5b

IMG_4499.JPG.d74d91a237314b5b9a179237378

IMG_4501.JPG.50c5134cd38821a5a3bfbcc4a44

IMG_4502.JPG.063832c8df6a03978460063afe3

IMG_4503.JPG.121456914d3e24e9f28e31badd5

IMG_4504.JPG.19442c573bd473f10204b612dfd

IMG_4505.JPG.7c3e3dfd7493e8da1ff5f87f58a

IMG_4506.JPG.c907fb138511a13b9fc38c52751

IMG_4508.JPG.72a3b09e0b7320c4aff8432bd6b

IMG_4512.JPG.a0db2fed80bd4acad4fe62681a9