Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 17 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

Also driver weight to be considered... I’ve never ever seen a fat jockey  🙀🙀

apart from that Wolson bloke who threw darts 😂

cheers

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A V6 Cup is a good base car - or you just go with any V6 and shed some weight (battery, NVH, etc) ... 

The 1:50 on the HHR is sensational with a street legal car, as is the 2:38 in Spa with the EX460 ... 

Dry weght of my Cup 380 is supposed to be 1056kg but with all the fluids and full tank the scale shows 1140kg. And with a driver, over 1200kg.

That is a higher kg/hp ratio than my old 260hp exige S2.

Hello TBD, I went to the Supercar experience twice but unfortunately I was not available this year... Any car crashed in 2018? Last year 2 Lotus have been crashed due to the cold weather and frozen road....

Hello TBD, I went to the Supercar experience twice but unfortunately I was not available this year... Any car crashed in 2018? Last year 2 Lotus have been crashed due to the cold weather and frozen road....

21 minutes ago, tomprout said:

No crashes! The only casualty was an Audi, which lost gearbox oil.

IMG_20180916_151126 (Mittel).jpg

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 2 months later...

Thread bump. 

Ex 460 questions..

Does the body of the Exige need to be ground away near the supercharger pulley to make space for the cooler?

And a more general question to Ex 460 owners..... 

"How many miles have you racked up on the car (track and road) and what issues have you had if any?"

cheers

Mark

The body does not need cutting near the supercharger pulley - that only happens when you have the charge cooled TVS1900

I think Daniel's car has over 20,000 kms of road and track miles now, not sure of issues if any.

• Like 1

@Mark030358 the only issue to which isn't an issue as should be done as part of the upgrade to 460, is the clutch, assuming this is done then you should be okay. I've heard of one gearbox failure on a 460 but this car was 100% track car and heavily heavily used, so not the standard. All in all done correctly the 460 kit is excellent and im now massively jealous of your future upgrade 😭

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

No changes on the body for the EX460

I am still below 10.000km with mine. Only one issues so far that was linked to the EX460 - had a leaking cooler fluid coming from the charge cooling cycle. Took quite some time to find the leak but since then nothing else ... 

Still on the first clutch and gearbox ... but I have a gearbox cooler.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder what the KT 460 curves will look like with this lot fitted... 😱😱😱

Will have a dyno run before any work, and two runs after, one with standard box pig snout and one with the 2bular ..... 

cheers

380 Exhaust1.JPG

Back Box.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Wonder what the KT 460 curves will look like with this lot fitted...

Power is primarily the product of burning the volumes (hence intake pressure matters) of air-fuel mix (hence fuel maps matter) at the right moment in time (hence ignition maps matter). Unless the maps are more suitable to one of the two physical setups (resulting in one of the two knocking and adjusting to the observed conditions), there should be no objective difference in power.

Of course, the above is an oversimplified description, however it still is correct.

1 hour ago, Mark030358 said:

Wonder what the KT 460 curves will look like with this lot fitted... 😱😱😱

Will have a dyno run before any work, and two runs after, one with standard box pig snout and one with the 2bular ..... 

You'd be running a map that is optimised for other hardware, so all bets are off.

Dave

3 hours ago, vd9 said:

Power is primarily the product of burning the volumes (hence intake pressure matters) of air-fuel mix (hence fuel maps matter) at the right moment in time (hence ignition maps matter). Unless the maps are more suitable to one of the two physical setups (resulting in one of the two knocking and adjusting to the observed conditions), there should be no objective difference in power.

Of course, the above is an oversimplified description, however it still is correct.

Custom map if needs be....

1 hour ago, Mark030358 said:

Lost for words 😢😢😢😢

Sounds like 2bular is a naughty word here ?????

Jim’s work is excellent and used by many. There are quite a few on full 2bular systems and seem ok. I think that H111s comment is more based on the theoretical unknown of using Jim’s hardware and komotecs hardware/software. 

Black n gold

9 minutes ago, Stubox said:

Jim’s work is excellent and used by many. There are quite a few on full 2bular systems and seem ok. I think that H111s comment is more based on the theoretical unknown of using Jim’s hardware and komotecs hardware/software. 

This. The KT kit is developed as a kit. Nothing to prevent you deviating from that, but would be deviating from it. Like making a Delia recipe and using different ingredients.

Dave