Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 10 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

That's  a 600bhp Speciale! Now we see the real meaning of performance per pound! Great job Wilfried and Komotoec!

:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A 458 Speciale is a 300k + car ... and the driver was definitely pushing it and risking a lot ... very impressive driving @Win911 ... also shows very well what performance level the EX460 has reached ... 

A pitty that my car is not ready for 11/14 with LoT @ Spa ... ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, The Pits said:

That's  a 600bhp Speciale! Now we see the real meaning of performance per pound! Great job Wilfried and Komotoec!

:thumbup:

I'm apologize in advance and hope that I don't need to don a flame retardant suit for posting what I'm about to post.:sofa:

First, I think Wilfried is a very talented driver and the KT car is great….. BUT …..   to draw any conclusions from that video (relating to a car-on-car comparison) except to say that Wilfried is a better driver than the F-car driver is hubris.

Of course, I love that Lotus and much prefer it to the F-car, especially for track duty.  Have had both in my own stable over time and the Lotus has my heart. ;)

@Win911 -- as an aside, please have KT put a Solo DL in there so we can get some live data on the video …. would love to see at a minimum ….. RPM, speed, throttle, g-forces.

Looking forward to viewing more excellent driving.  Thanks for posting your video.:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Well the conclusion is that without control, power means nothing.... and KT Ex 460 is amazing even if the 458 Special driver is insecure.... but with such a price tag and performance diffrence he should do better.... probably a clone of Wilfried behind the wheel in the Spéciale would have given the original one a harder time but anyway....you can have such performance for ⅓ of the price of the Speciale if you go with a 2nd hand Exige V6 and build it up.....now up to 500 

• Like 2

I will go to KT the week of Nov 21....if it doesn't snow in the meantime... I'll have the clutch and lighter flywheel, LSD (Quaife) and close ratios.....and a dyno run to start with, I want to see first what the actual output is with the 380 Cup.....afterwards I'll have the winter months to think it over....having the TVS 1900, the Ex 460.....or just swap to the 430 Cup...... the 3rs option might be the best one since the evolution possibility of this engine is also great I believe.... by the way does anybody know exactly what the actual gear ratios are on the 380 Cup ??? I'm still wondering if I want the KT close ratios or ultra-close ratios ???? Any word of advice out there ????

38 minutes ago, Swiss380Cup said:

I will go to KT the week of Nov 21....if it doesn't snow in the meantime... I'll have the clutch and lighter flywheel, LSD (Quaife) and close ratios.....and a dyno run to start with, I want to see first what the actual output is with the 380 Cup.....afterwards I'll have the winter months to think it over....having the TVS 1900, the Ex 460.....or just swap to the 430 Cup...... the 3rs option might be the best one since the evolution possibility of this engine is also great I believe.... by the way does anybody know exactly what the actual gear ratios are on the 380 Cup ??? I'm still wondering if I want the KT close ratios or ultra-close ratios ???? Any word of advice out there ????

Think about the Drexler LSD and the Close Ratio...the Ultra Close is only good for B Roads or Passes.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Swiss380Cup said:

I would assume that ratios have not changed ... how fast can you go in 4th / 5th gear when you run it into the limiter?

The close ratio is also on my list for further upgrades (5th is just way too long right now) but I will wait until the gearbox needs major work anyway... 

59 minutes ago, Swiss380Cup said:

Go for the EX460 - you will not regret it ... should make your 380 Cup faster than the 430 Cup anyway... 

• Like 2

Thanks Win911, I had the Close ratio in mind, but had after thoughts... I'll stick to the 1st choice..... advice much appreciated.... regarding the LSD, my thought is that "plate" differentials have to be care for.... from my experience with GT3s..... and I didn't want that.... Quaife is probably not the best on track, but the easiest solution to me.... but do you need on the Drexler to have the settings changed from time to time, track to track ??? I did that with my GT3s.....

Tx NW76 for your advice. Now I'm frankly a little "pissed" with Lotus.... I went from the 360 Cup....postponed my visit to KT for several months in order to get delivery of the 380 Cup, and now they come up with the Cup 430...... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... regarding the changes, I'll keep the original parts anyway, so I can always retrofit the car back to standard with gear ratios, no LSD and OEM clutch...., or take them over into a new car..... regarding the power plant, I believe charged cool is the only good solution, otherwise stick to the OEM, and I am hesitating with the Cup 430..... If I spend € 15k on the KT modifications, I can also spend them on the Cup 430.... you see what I mean.... so now it's a real dilemma... and with the Cup 430 I can also go to KT and for € 5k have the 475 HP version.......... but the Ex 460 would definitely be something I'd love to have...nothing comparable... but there will always be something new ... but your car looks absolutely stunning with all what you've done..... did KT install the Auto-Blip ??? I think it's a nice gadget to have and be on the safe side with H&T.....

57 minutes ago, Swiss380Cup said:

Tx NW76 for your advice. Now I'm frankly a little "pissed" with Lotus.... I went from the 360 Cup....postponed my visit to KT for several months in order to get delivery of the 380 Cup, and now they come up with the Cup 430...... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... regarding the changes, I'll keep the original parts anyway, so I can always retrofit the car back to standard with gear ratios, no LSD and OEM clutch...., or take them over into a new car..... regarding the power plant, I believe charged cool is the only good solution, otherwise stick to the OEM, and I am hesitating with the Cup 430..... If I spend € 15k on the KT modifications, I can also spend them on the Cup 430.... you see what I mean.... so now it's a real dilemma... and with the Cup 430 I can also go to KT and for € 5k have the 475 HP version.......... but the Ex 460 would definitely be something I'd love to have...nothing comparable... but there will always be something new ... but your car looks absolutely stunning with all what you've done..... did KT install the Auto-Blip ??? I think it's a nice gadget to have and be on the safe side with H&T.....

Thanks!

Fully agree charge cooled is the way to go ... If you can switch to the Cup 430 for 15k I would do that ... I thought its probably going to be in the range of 20-25k ... 

KT did the install on the Auto Blip, yep. H&T or downshift blipping is a must on track and I am just too old and do not spend enough time with a stick shift car to get it to the required level for it to be perfect / natural ... the auto bliper does the job very well ...

Just now, NW76 said:

Thanks!

Fully agree charge cooled is the way to go ... If you can switch to the Cup 430 for 15k I would do that ... I thought its probably going to be in the range of 20-25k ... 

KT did the install on the Auto Blip, yep. H&T or downshift blipping is a must on track and I am just too old and do not spend enough time with a stick shift car to get it to the required level for it to be perfect / natural ... the auto bliper does the job very well ...

Yes you're right with the Auto-Blip, it's nice to H&T.... but when you go fast....you have to master it.... and I don't think the pedals are well positioned in the Lotus, in no car in fact, I always had my pedal sets changed to facilitate the process....but in 2017 when you have something digital doing it for you let's do it....... Porsches gain several seconds in a lap with their PDK, so ......... regarding the Cup 430, I'll wait for the Swiss price list which should come, in the meantime I can still think about it over the winter months....

• Like 1

If I was fortunate enough to own a 380 Cup, I think I'd want to keep it rather than pay more money to change to a 430 Cup. The 380 is definitely better looking and will be more rare. I'd rather spend the money adding the charge cooler and another 80hp - Modifying is fun and you can pick and choose what you want to do.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Neal H said:

If I was fortunate enough to own a 380 Cup, I think I'd want to keep it rather than pay more money to change to a 430 Cup. The 380 is definitely better looking and will be more rare. I'd rather spend the money adding the charge cooler and another 80hp - Modifying is fun and you can pick and choose what you want to do.

You're right, tuning to have your own special car is great fun.....

I totally get all this modding of cars. If/when I get a 350 and the warranty is out I'll be doing it too.

Yet, in another world I have an old 1971 Europa S2 scattered around a friends barn, all in pieces, waiting to be restored. Now many of those old Europas have been modded every way possible. Yet, oddly, I want to restore it absolutely dead standard, stock, unaltered, as it left the factory. Maybe one day in fifty years time people will be restoring all these Exiges, and putting them back to factory spec.

20 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Shhhh. I think that our European friends would also prefer automatic gearboxes...  ;)

OMG. Have they been invaded by the 'Muricans already?  Damn. Missed that.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Guys, I specifically bought the Lotus because I wanted the fun of driving a stick shift. I am just too old (or too stupid) and do not spend enough time in my Lotus (unfortunantially - and all my other cars are dual clutch or auto ;-) ) to really get HnT nailed down to the point that I feel comfy doing it in full attack mode. Maybe in a year or two ... until then the Auto Blip unit helps me stabilize the car and prevents me from killing the gearbox ;-) ... I can switch it on / off as I desire ... 

An Auto would never be an option in a Lotus for me... the only one that I would consider is a sequential gearbox ...  

@LF1 :sofa: I was thinking of you this morning, when I got the newsletter from the Lotus Dealership in Germany that included what used cars the currently have on offer... 4 low millage GT4s were on there ... all traded in for a Lotus ;-)

08E07178-EF50-41AC-B9D5-81F86CDD4F2A.jpeg

Ah yes, but I already have a Lotus. I traded an RS6 for the GT4 :)

Looking at those prices it's holding it's value very nicely thank you very much... whereas the dealer still has my RS6 on their forcourt priced pretty much at what we traded it for... result!

• Like 2

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

@NW76 On www.autoscout24.ch there are EXACTLY 27, yes you read me well .....27 2nd hand GT4 up for sale..... impossible to find ???? Apparently a lot of people drive them for a few thousand kms and than switch to ....to what I don't know.... and I'd really like to know why they switched.... it's a most desirable car, and priced correctly in my opinion... any clues ?

• 2 weeks later...