Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 13 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

15 minutes ago, Jokke Vlo said:

I have 453, there are other things then a 500 which makes my car go faster on track. Sure about that. 

Assume you are quoting hp not bhp? so 453hp = 447bhp.

I'm not poo pooing the ex460, I think it is a great kit. I've seen plenty of ex460 cars going like stink on track. But i could be even better with a TVS1900 couldn't it? Keep it safe at 470bhp and around 490NM.

Sorry if it's a stupid question but has anyone considered the Komotec cooling package with the larger TVS1900 supercharger?

I appreciate it would need a custom engine map as it is a blend of two add-ons.

Just now, W31SSN said:

Sorry if it's a stupid question but has anyone considered the Komotec cooling package with the larger TVS1900 supercharger?

I appreciate it would need a custom engine map as it is a blend of two add-ons.

The chargecooler for the TVS1320 does not fit the TVS1900.

The EX500 has a chargecooled TVS1900 (plus engine internals, plus you really need to look at the gearbox - hence why it gets a bit disproportionate, price-wise)

Dave

• Thanks 1

Possibly not, but as the 460 is more or less there already, what's the point?  There are probably better ways to spend the money, and if you choose wisely, they might give you equal bragging rights at the bar.

Dave

• Like 1

It would give you more consistent power for sure, especially in warmer temperatures and long sessions on track.

I'd suggest manifolds and sports cat too to improve flow, although some say not necessary...   Depends on what you're after ultimately.   I'm not sure which stage you need to start changing the internals of the engine...   Or what the gearbox can handle...

15 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

So do you think it would be good to charge cool my car which has a TVS1900 fitted?

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, yes.  It is a fundamental basic of forced induction that you benefit from cooling the inlet temperatures.  As you use your car on track, then you will be seeing growing inlet temperatures through heat soak.

Dave

12 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

It would give you more consistent power for sure, especially in warmer temperatures and long sessions on track.

I'd suggest manifolds and sports cat too to improve flow, although some say not necessary...   Depends on what you're after ultimately.   I'm not sure which stage you need to start changing the internals of the engine...   Or what the gearbox can handle...

If I were to charge cool I would certainly add the manifolds and down pipes with sports cat.

I think Komotec had piston issues at 500hp, but were OK below this. Also have not seen any gearbox failures yet - I did hear of one car in Italy with 550bhp on standard box and engine internals, but no idea how that car is driven or if it is still going.

20 minutes ago, 2GOOD said:

I thought that Komi-tec don’t advise going higher than the ex390 on the auto? @Hangar 111?

Steve, you are roughly correct.  The TCU will limit the torque from the engine for the sake of the IPS gearbox, and this seems to be more the case with the S1 Evora implementation of the IPS, than with the Exige and Evora 400 models.  We have done a 430 on an S1 Evora IPS, but it will probably limit itself to approx 400-410, depending on conditions (gearbox temperature etc).  This means that whilst you would gain the benefit of chargecooling on the 460, the power would be restricted by the TCU.

Dave

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bravo73 said:

They are working on a version of a VAG DSG gearbox. 

Yes but unfortunately for the moment we don't have any delay for a first release.

6 minutes ago, C7steve said:

Do Komotec have upgrades or a replacement for the gearbox?

Steve. 

Komotec provides a LSD for the IPS gearbox.

2 hours ago, C7steve said:

I meant the manual gearbox. 

I cannot see a replacement gearbox or internals listed. https://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Exige/MK3-Toyota-V6/Gearbox/

Steve. 

The strionger „internals“ for the manual gearbox are not listed online ... thats what you should ask for... but I think they are originally from @Hangar 111?!?

18 hours ago, Hangar 111 said:

The chargecooler for the TVS1320 does not fit the TVS1900.

The EX500 has a chargecooled TVS1900 (plus engine internals, plus you really need to look at the gearbox - hence why it gets a bit disproportionate, price-wise)

Dave

Has anyone ever turbo’d one of these? I know it would be a bigger job with custom manifold etc, but surely it would be an easy 500whp and probably more like 700whp with a bigger turbo.

Who needs 700whp in an Exige? ... seriously ... I still remeber a guy that I met once with an about 500 whp turbo charged (Audi Engine) Elise... the car was undriveable. It sometimes had 200m wheel spin when accellerating out of a corner. In the end his lap times proabaly were slower than what I could do in my tuned M4....

There is a balance of how much hp a chassis and setup can digest... 460hp in an EX460 is plenty... you need to fix other things to reach the next performance level aside from pure power, else more power will not make you faster it will make you slower - at least on a track (I am not taking drag racing)...    

• Like 2