Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brooklands New Year's Day Gathering - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brooklands New Year's Day Gathering

Escape

I'll be starting the new year the same way I started 2015: at Brooklands. Last year a faulty starter forced me to take the Stag instead of the Esprit. A shame, because Lotus was too rare a sight...

Anyone else planning to go?

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 12/23/2015 at 08:50, Escape said:

I'll be starting the new year the same way I started 2015: at Brooklands. Last year a faulty starter forced me to take the Stag instead of the Esprit. A shame, because Lotus was too rare a sight...

Anyone else planning to go?

Filip

What actually goes on ?

5 hours ago, esprit22 said:

What actually goes on ?

Usual stuff, lots of cars, wander about, chat about cars, drink coffee. Brooklands club members (myself) retire to upstairs members bar with comfy chairs and chat some more about cars....

16 hours ago, esprit22 said:

What actually goes on ?

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/events/details/new-years-day/

Despite the poor weather, last year there were an impressive 1200+ participants. Including a staggering number of pre-WWII cars (all driven there AFAIK), up to some of the latest models of Aston, Ferrari, Lamborghini and pretty much everything in between.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 year later...

I'll be there for the 4th year in a row. Anybody else going?

https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats-on/new-years-day-classic-gathering

This year we'll be taking the Elan JPS :) And wont have to start so early, as we'll already be in UK next weekend.

Filip

Maybe next year Ian. For me it's the perfect excuse to skip (most of) the celebrations. And I just spotted my Esprit in one of the photos on Brooklands FB page. B-)

Andy, I remember seeing a white Esprit last year or the year before. I think we were the only Esprits on site.

Pascal, last 3 years I just drove up very early on newyears day morning and came back after the show, so no real celebrations. This year we will be in UK for the weekend and I think my co-driver will want to visit a pub. ;)

Lotus was reasonably well represented: I spotted 2 Esprits (Andy's and a familiar ice blue S3), at least 3 Europas and a couple of classic Elites and Elans. Also 2 Evoras and Elises in the supercar parking lot. B-)

My Elan was parked at the far end of the banking.