Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora S Exhaust - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora S Exhaust

Torn between getting a Plack Exhaust and 2bulars valved system. Is the Plack really that loud as people say? Also is there a difference in sound when in Sport mode with the Plack? Pros/Cons of both. Recommendations please. Also anyone in Southern California have either of these exhausts currently on their car? 

Thank you 

You will get lots more feedback about the Plack exhaust on the 'other' forum. As far as I'm aware, nobody on here has one fitted. As I understand it, there is no sound deadening at all so it is really, really loud. Lots of Plack owners have subsequently changed to other exhausts.

I am personally going for a 2bular Valved system. I have (literally) just got off the 'phone with Jim and my exhaust is on the way. Jim is snowed under with orders so if you order one, don't expect to get it any time soon.

• Like 1

I believe the Plack system is just a straight through pipe. I had the 2bular on my old n/a, it was straight through on the loud setting and sporty sounding on quiet, so best of both worlds really.

Gav

Plack is just a straight pipe with tips welded on that comes directly off of the downpipe.  It bypasses both the muffler and the third cat.  I have heard one and it sounds incredible to me.  However, please note my location as it seems that the users across the pond aren't too keen on it.  However, in person I will say that it was not as loud as expected.  

To the OP, there is another valved exhaust for you to consider. I don't know how long it has been available but Komo-Tec also produce a valved backbox:

http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Evora/Supercharger/Exhaust/stainless-steel-sports-exhaust-for-Exige-V6-EvoraS-switchable.html

It can also be supplied by their UK agent (and forum sponsors) Hangar111: http://www.hangar111.com/shop/lotus-exige-v6-exhaust-system/641-exige-evora-s-v6-komotec-switchable-sports-exhaust.html (who currently have availability).

On 06/01/2016 at 13:02, Bravo73 said:

As an example (of one), I ordered mine at the end of November and it should be ready in the next few weeks.

I ordered one for my Exige V6 at the beginning of September.....and.........its still not here!

I have a plack style exhaust on my evora, It sound mental!! with the windows closed its fine as a daily drive still, turns heads in town and sounds ace with the foot down and window open! Cheap as chips to!

45 minutes ago, magicman said:

Slightly off thread, but is there any way of getting the Evora 400 sound? The engine is the same so it must be the intake and exhaust.

You could fit a 400 exhaust. (All of the mountings are the same).

However, you will have to fit the entire exhaust from manifolds back due to the significant difference in diameter. It won't come cheap though. £4k+, at a guess.

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

However, you will have to fit the entire exhaust from manifolds back due to the significant difference in diameter. It won't come cheap though. £4k+, at a guess.

Thanks for that. Probably a little steep just for the noise. Might just put that towards komotech for the power instead.

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2016 at 18:22, Bravo73 said:

No, it's not possible right now. Thechnically, you can fit the complete exhaust system from manifolds since the 400 has a 70mm exhaust line where the Evora S has  a smaller one (67mm, if I'm right).

But this exhaust requires a remap that Lotus doesn't offer at the moment... Same story as the Elise/Evora SC upgrade... Probably available later from Lotus or with another remap from another tuner.

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport