Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2016 Bell & Covill Concours d'Elegance - Page 4 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2016 Bell & Covill Concours d'Elegance

just realized I only entered my brothers Esprit and not my Evora.

Could we swap the two cars, its a very shiny Evora (and it would help me get over the disappointment of spending the last couple of months working on the Esprit and it failing right at the end - but then I guess that's part of owning a Lotus!}

cheers

Christian

thanks mate. Got up at 6 to clean and polish the car and my little boy is desperate to do the parade laps at lunch time.

see you there.

Christian

ps can I buy your Essex Esprit please, it would look so nice with my brothers WC S2.. :) 

Thanks to Barrie for organising this, thanks to the judges and well done to all the winners. Better luck for the rest of us next year :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Amazing cars on display today. I'm only sorry that my Esprit couldn't make it. I don't think we can rule out sabotage at this point!

Congrats to all the winners.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Amazing cars on display today. I'm only sorry that my Esprit couldn't make it. I don't think we can rule out sabotage at this point!

Congrats to all the winners.

I deny everything :)

I volunteer to do the concours parking next year, but next time I'll be especially "careful" with any cars in the same category as I've entered :)

• Like 2

Thanks to a little too much sun I nearly missed, (all of) the briefing for the parade laps and I completely forgot to pop upstairs for the concours awards. With that in mind I'll just assume I won and well done to everyone else for trying ?

Bibs and crew you smashed it today well done to you all. Also hats off to the owners of some of the finest examples I've ever seen ?

Great event, credit to Bibs and the team for organising.

Truly fantastic machines lined up in the Concours and to be honest on the grass too. I'd not planned on entering but seeing as the other Exige S1 dropped out I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.  I think if there was a category for 'least original' then my ahem slighly modified machine might have had a chance.  Regardless I enjoyed showing it off and chatting with other enthusiasts.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Benja said:

Great event, credit to Bibs and the team for organising.

Truly fantastic machines lined up in the Concours and to be honest on the grass too. I'd not planned on entering but seeing as the other Exige S1 dropped out I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.  I think if there was a category for 'least original' then my ahem slighly modified machine might have had a chance.  Regardless I enjoyed showing it off and chatting with other enthusiasts.  

Cracking looking car you have there Ben, there wasn't anything I could fault it on ?

3 hours ago, Andyww said:

I deny everything :)

Either way I consider it flagrant cheating bringing such an immaculate example. I vote for a ban from all future concours events with immediate effect!

?

The Results - For those not present in the S class suite the results were as follows. Apologies if I get some of the names wrong 

1974 & earlier - White Elan convertible

1975 to 1985 -  White S1 Esprit (Jonathan)

1985 to 2006 - Black V8 Esprit (Brooke)

2006 Onwards - Evora (Jim)

Best in Show as voted for by MJK was the 1982 white Turbo Esprit owned by Andy (Andyww).

I'm sure there will be pictures later. Next year we will look to amend the categories and encourage owners of other (Excels, Carltons etc) to take part. As others have said, there were some absolutely beautiful cars parted in the field that could easily have taken part/potentially won the concours.   

6 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

there were some absolutely beautiful cars parted in the field

I've got visions of hoards of spanner wielding TLFers  descending on a pristine S1 Esprit and, piranha like, stripping it to bits in minutes.

• Like 1

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Pleasure to meet and chat with you Barrie, and thanks for your comments about my Turbo HC.  The pictures I took of your car are stunning.  I had a great day and it was great chatting to the various owners, one of the main reasons for long Lotus ownership.   

I have to say the green Turbo HC was magnificent, I hope we get to see some pics of that. I should have taken some myself but was too busy drooling.

So great to see so many older Lotus cars so well looked-after. It's the current generation of owners that will ensure the cars will still be around when we're old and banging on about that TLF meet way back in 2016. You know, when it was free and sunny all day. ;)

Without the promise of huge financial return enjoyed by owners of some other makes of cars, spending money on an old Lotus is still an act of love not money. That might have something to do with why the owners that I've met are a consistently great bunch of people.

But please, will someone bring a flipping Esprit Sport 300 next year, haven't seen one since Brands 3 years ago. If we can get 2 Essex cars and 7 Evora GTE's it shouldn't be too much to ask!

:thumbup:

Beaten to it! Bazza has already posted them above ^^.

Always a thankless task and sorry if anybody came away disappointed. I know how much effort it took everybody to present their car for others to enjoy.

I know you can't please everybody all the time and it's all subjective but a bunch of us were more than surprised that the Essex didn't win something - it was immaculate and somebody had gone to great lengths to get it in that state. None of us knew the owner so we were totally impartial. None of it matters at the end of the day and it's only a bit of fun.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire