Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Esprit S3 HC NA, how many built?? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Esprit S3 HC NA, how many built??

Yo1

Hi every body,

Last summer I realised a dream buying an Giugiaro Lotus Esprit. As I wanted a G one, but ,as reliable as possible, I choose a S3.

I have with this car (a gorgeous red one) a certificate from Lotus wich says it's a very small serie.

I was wondering how many of them were built, and I began to look for figures. I never found how many of them were built, so if someone has the information, I'm really looking forward to read it.

The the car is a Lotus Esprit S3 HC NA from 1987, and is LHD.

IMG_20150925_074829_01-01.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Yo. :welcome:

Nice looking car!

You should duck over to Introductions area and say hi as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Welcome Yo

I think the S3 N/A HC started being built in 1987 and finished in 1988 when it was replaced by the Stephens version. The figures on the link from Bibs will include pre HC and the Stephens version so it's difficult to know from them how many S3 HCs were built. What does your certificate from Lotus say?

Also, we love pictures here, so the more the merrier

Chris

28 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

Welcome Yo

I think the S3 N/A HC started being built in 1987 and finished in 1988 when it was replaced by the Stephens version. The figures on the link from Bibs will include pre HC and the Stephens version so it's difficult to know from them how many S3 HCs were built. What does your certificate from Lotus say?

Also, we love pictures here, so the more the merrier

Chris

From memory it was October 1986

Franjipane, HCPI means turbo HC, mine is NA HC, which does not appear in the list.

I'm thinking about sending a mail to Lotus to ask them, they should know...

One more picture for Chris. I promise I will take beautiful pictures of the car soon, I don't have much for the moment.

IMG_20150925_074829_02.jpg

Nice car, I have seen one LHD in Belgium also a red with black leader interior.

I believe that from the version n/a HC LHD are only 20 were build.

Better to drive and simpler to maintained then a turbo. Better build then the normal previous S3.

Extreme rare, collector's Item. (but every ESPRIT is special)

• 1 month later...

I think the one you've seen is mine, I bought it in Belgium last summer.

I sended a mail to Lotus, and it will cost me around 80 euros to have all the informations about my car.

I'm definitly going to pay for this, because I really want to know, but I have to take care of the timing belt first.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

For the UK there were 135 or 136 HC Turbo and 45 HC NA. These numbers I have got from certificates issued by Andy Graham. European LHD numbers were significantly lower than UK throughout production so I would guess at 10-15

• Like 1